Star-Spangled Random Gibberish

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by sj_quakes_fan, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bajoro

Bajoro Member+

Sep 10, 2000
    The Inland Empire
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess this is the golden opportunity for a California Custom ad... :D

2. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

West Bromwich Albion/RBNY/PSG/Gamba Osaka/Sac Republic
    United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I've heard about this place but not been there. If you've got a link/mailing address/phone number, post it here or PM me & I'll look into it.

3. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did anyone else watch the American Soccer program on GOL TV earlier today? If you haven't, it should be rerun several times this week, so please take a look at Ray Hudson's interview of Win Rijsbergen, now head coach of Trinidad and Tobago. Look at the shirt that Ray is wearing. :)

4. FAS

FAS Member

Jun 5, 1999
    Los Gatos
    ahhhhhhhh, noooooooooooooooooo

5. SJtotalfootball

May 26, 2004
    The Hayward Fault
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WTF is going on in London?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4659093.stm

Multiple blasts paralyse London

Firefighters aid an injured passenger at Aldgate station
    Several people have been injured after explosions on the Underground network and a double-decker bus in London.
    A police spokesman said there were "quite a large number of casualties" at Aldgate Tube Station.

And Scotland Yard confirmed one of several reports of explosions on buses in the city - in Tavistock Place - but said the cause was not yet known.

UK Home Secretary Charles Clarke said several explosions in central London had caused "terrible injuries".

"The health services are in support to deal with the terrible injuries that there have been," Clarke told reporters outside Downing Street.

Number 10 said it was "still unsure" whether the explosions were a terrorist attack and although casualties were reported, no further details were yet available.

Ministers are meeting to clarify the situation and the government will make a statement later, Leader of the House Geoff Hoon told the Commons.

One caller to BBC Five said his friend had seen "the bus ripped open like a can of sardines and bodies everywhere".

And the Press Association quoted union officials as saying sources had told them there had been at least one explosive device on the Underground.

British Transport Police said incidents took place at Aldgate, Edgware Road, King's Cross, Old Street and Russell Square stations.

Scotland Yard confirmed they were assisting with a "major incident" and said there were casualties.

Hospitals have said they are no longer accepting non-emergency cases, BBC Five Live reported.

The National Grid, which supplies power to the Underground, said there had been no problems with its system which could have contributed to the incidents.

6. rcoull

rcoull Member+

May 18, 2001
    The Woodlands, TX
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What a roller coaster ride for London. The Euphoria of yesterday followed by devestation of today.

Not a good way to wake up. The good news is I've just received an e-mail from my brother, who works 10 mins from Aldgate to say him and his wife (who also works in "The City") are ok. The phones were down earlier so I couldn't get through.

This is BAD!! What I don't understand is that the world leaders are finally getting together to try and help the third world and yet the terroists are even trying to sabotage this (specualation that it Al Queada). I'm sure we'll find out more as the day goes on.

-Richard

7. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope everyone in London is okay. I'm still trying to get in touch with several people over there, and I can only hope they are all okay.

I can't believe this is happening again. I just can't believe we live in this kind of world.

8. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

9. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad your brother is okay.

I turned on the news this morning to hear SFO is under tight security in light of bombings in London. I was shocked and immediately logged on to see what was going on. This is truly sad. I visited London five years ago, and I've missed it ever since (well, really all of the UK I visited).

It just breaks my heart in pieces when people attack other people like that. I just don't understand. Especially when there are people getting together to help others.... I just can't comprehend.... Terribly sad....

10. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow.... the news is rolling in quickly and changing just as quickly. Just before my last post the headline said at least 2 dead. Now it says 40. The stock market here has even been effected.

Crazy stuff!

:(

11. quakesfan10

quakesfan10 New Member

Sep 24, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    So incredibly sad...brings back memories of 9/11. Seeing those images on tv will never cease to shock me. I just can't believe this is happening all over again. Prayers are with those in London, with family and friends there...

It has been said that this same group is planning attacks in Italy and Denmark...let's hope that's not true though.

12. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Don't take this the wrong way but I was relieved when I heard that it was only 40 people that were killed. When I heard the news: Terrorists Strike London, I immediately flashed back to 9/11, nausea kicked in and I figured thousands would be dead. It's a sad state of affairs, when we are relieved that it's ONLY 40. :(

13. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    And Bush offers his condolences to those who died. After almost four years of the "war on terror" it doesn't exactly feel as though we're making progress shutting down Al Qaeda.

14. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

I don't know....and I am not a Bush supporter but......40 instead of 4000 probably indicates that the terrorists scope may have become smaller......not thanks to Bush.....just thanks to world wide awareness. Just yesterday I was hoping Paris would win the Olympic bid. I felt that they were less likely than the US or England to get attacked and when I heard that London won, I thought, wow, that's gonna be a big target.....I never thought today....I was thinkin more like during the olympics.

15. Alexi

Alexi Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Francisco
    I am going to London in August, got the UK visa already.
    Hopefully, the terrorists will be too chicken to attack me.

16. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Take me with you! :p

If had the best Indian food I've ever had in my life when I was in London. I miss London!!

17. JMichaels

JMichaels New Member

Feb 17, 2003
    Is Indian food like Girl Scout Cookies?

18. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

I had Indian food.....it's ok......they actually made Ochra(sp?) edible......which is more than I can say for my aunt that lives in Florida.

19. quakesfan10

quakesfan10 New Member

Sep 24, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    There's an article in this week's Time magazine with a suicide bomber in Iraq awaiting his mission. It was sickening to read and I never thought I'd hear someone utter such inhumane things.

20. FireFanInPackerLand

Dec 8, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't worry. I'm sure the terrorists saw the tape of the Earthquakes-Galaxy game and know that Earthquakes supporters are hardcore. After seeing what they did to Landon, who at one time was one of their own, no terrorist is gonna ever think about messing with a Quakes fan again. ;)

21. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

That's one crazy frigging reporter that did that piece.......I like my head on my shoulders.....where it belongs.

22. quakesfan10

quakesfan10 New Member

Sep 24, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Yeah if it had been me, I would have been scared ****************!

23. Alexi

Alexi Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Francisco
    Playng an old classic Oi! song: "Voice of Britain" in my headphones now...

24. rcoull

rcoull Member+

May 18, 2001
    The Woodlands, TX
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    England

You gotta go North to Bradford

-Richard

25. billward

billward Member

Oct 22, 2002
    El Cerrito, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have that on LP records. It's a great performance.

I would love to see the new film, but I can't. I participate in the boycott against all Tom Cruise and John Travolta movies because I don't want any of my money going to their so-called "religion."