Star-Spangled Random Gibberish

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by sj_quakes_fan, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    Well, they are both around 60, right? ;)

Funny. Most of the time when the Quakes are on the road, we listen to tunes all day, then watch soccer. Today, we watched music all day and will listen to soccer.

2. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're going to hate me for saying this... but Fox8 (the Australian broadcaster airing the whole concert) is treating the music with much, much more respect than that.

And on top of that, if you missed a performer, and have Foxtel Digital, you can catch that performer two hours later on Fox8's backup channel, plus, Triple M radio is airing the whole thing (albeit on delay themselves, perhaps due to legalities and rights obligations).

3. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And yes, Pink Floyd and their stage show.... simply amazing.

That's what I woke up to this morning.

4. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    Neil is on in Canada right now!

No Crazy Horse, though.

5. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My friends,

My 16 year old nephew was killed yesterday in a dirt bike accident in Michigan.

For those of you who pray please say a prayer for my family. For those of you who don't please will to me the courage to step off that plane tonite and begin the grieving process with my brothers, my sister-in law, my mom, and my nephew's 13 year old brother. Please will me the strength to help my son - who grew up with his cousin - through this. They were 3 months apart in age.

How much tradegy can one family take. We've had 5 deaths of immediate family members in 8 months. This one is unfathomable for me as a mother of a 16 year old. I can't stop crying. My son and I just got back from spending two weeks with my brother and his family 2 and a half weeks ago. I'm terrified that this is going to push my mom over the edge.

Thanks for having a random thread for me to get this out. I'm absolutely devastated and feeling quite desparate myself.

Please hold your kids. And tell them that you love them dearly.

7. quakesfan10

quakesfan10 New Member

Sep 24, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    yalpstel, I know nothing can really be said that can help you through this truly tragic time. I just want you to know that I'm praying for you, your family, your mom and especially the parents and brother of your nephew. I cannot even imagine how it must feel for all of you. Prayers and thoughts will be sent your way; I hope you will find all the strength and courage to get through this in each other.

8. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sorry, Becky. My prayers go with you.

9. FAS

FAS Member

Jun 5, 1999
    Los Gatos
    My sympathies and prayers are with you and your family yalpstel.

10. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

11. Bajoro

Bajoro Member+

Sep 10, 2000
    The Inland Empire
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Be strong! I for one will pray for you and your family.
    love,
    B.

12. i_heart_the_quakes

i_heart_the_quakes New Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Home at last!
    yalp~ I don't know what to say, but please know that you and your family are definitely in my prayers.

13. alliu23

alliu23 I'm a Yank til I Die

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that's sad, im sooo sorry

prayers are with you and your family :(

14. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yalpstel, your family and yourself are in my thoughts. I hope everything goes as okay as can be expected during this time.

15. sonofapitch

sonofapitch New Member

Feb 11, 2002
    Novato, CA
    I'm so very sorry to hear of your family's loss. As a parent myself, it makes me shudder when I hear such tragic news. Having only one child--a 10 year old daughter--if I ever lost her I don't know that I could go on. Yet, somehow I imagine our strength comes from our faith and from within. My prayers and thoughts go out to your family...I wish you that strength.

16. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I am so sorry--tragedies like this feel way too close to home. You are such a giving, caring person and I know you will do your best to help your brother, son, and mother...please find time to take care of yourself too.

Thank you for the reminder to hold the kids and make sure they know how much they are loved. Three of mine are bigger than I am, but tonight I feel especially fortunate to have all four under one roof and within easy hugging distance.

17. Moneypenny

Moneypenny New Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Modesto
    I'm so very sorry for you and your family.. this is just heart breaking and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

18. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All the best, and remain strong.

As far as being terrified about whether this might push a family member over the edge, I know about that all too well, after the death of my father. That's what's happened to one of my brothers, and recovering from that is (as he puts it) a never-ending process. Even my wife is still coming to grips emotionally over losing her grandfather... and he passed on over 20 years ago, she says.

If you need to vent, you know where my PM box is at.

19. shasta

shasta New Member

Mar 8, 2004
    AEG SVCKS
    Done........... :(

20. losgatosfan

losgatosfan New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Yalpstel - so incredibly sad after reading your post. You are most definitely in my prayers.

21. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

:eek:

Peter Jackson reportedly went on a diet after all the catering he took advantage of during the filming of The Lord of the Rings trilogy, and has also had laser eye surgery recently so he wouldn't need to wear glasses anymore.

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

22. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Mr. Snoopy" knows soccer, but he can't hang out with David Beckham (scroll down a bit - it's the third story on the page). :eek:

[​IMG]
    Victoria Beckham ordered Snoop Dogg to stay away from her husband David after Saturday's Live 8 gig -- because she feared the womanizing rapper would be a bad influence on the soccer star. Associated Press photo by Vincent Thian

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

23. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man I know! I was watching TV and some King Kong special came on a while ago. I wasn't really watching the screen and I heard him talking and was all looking around for Peter Jackson. It took me a moment to figure out that was him.

24. Moneypenny

Moneypenny New Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Modesto
    Yeah, I was watching the AFI give George Lucas a life time achievement award and Peter Jackson was in a segment and I just couldn't believe what a major changed he'd made. Wow!!

25. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw War of the Worlds yesterday. Has anyone else seen this?

I liked it.