Standard picks up Onyewu's option

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by russ, Oct 18, 2004.

1. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    Good news I suppose. I believe that Standard only did this to cash in on the fact he is now a full international. His value certainly went up after earning that cap. I have a feeling he'll get sold this summer...which should be agood thing.

3. flanoverseas

flanoverseas New Member

Mar 2, 2002
    Xandria
    FC Metz reported it on Friday. So you think, they hammered out the deal the day Gooch got back?

4. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They were probably sending a few faxes as Gooch's header was squirting into the back of the net .............

5. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    Don't you think they knew he would play? Bruce only called in Euro-based guys that were due to play...I'm sure he let them know this when he sent his request for release.

6. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    you mean like Howard, Mathis, Convey, Casey?

he got FOUR MINUTES

YOu think that Bruce has to ask permission? they HAVE to release them. and you also think that bruce has to tell the teams who plays when?

surely, based on those FOUR minutes Standard picked up the option.

wow.

comedy gold.

7. flanoverseas

flanoverseas New Member

Mar 2, 2002
    Xandria
    Just off the top of my head, Conor Casey didn't even make the bench for either game, and Bobby Convey didn't get on the field.

But I'm sure the request went something like this:

Cher Liège,

I would like to request the services of the Future of the US Defense for a camp from the 8-14 of October. Regardless of how he plays in said camp, I plan on giving him his first cap, subbing him in in the 86th minute of our second game, against Panama,

sincèrement,

Le Bruce

8. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Ok, at the risk of sounding like a broken record - I know it says the details have not been officially released, but are there any juicey if totally incorrect rumors floating out there about the numbers?

9. Parmigiano

Parmigiano Member

Jun 20, 2003
    Well, looks like OmiKell was completely right a few days ago to report that the clubs were discussing Gooch's contract -- and that others were totally over the top in slamming the guy for even reporting those reports. But hey, that's life on BS.