Stampede

Discussion in 'Rochester Rhinos' started by soccergrl7, Jul 31, 2005.

1. soccergrl7

soccergrl7 New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Ok... so the stampede... someone please explain to me exactly what you guys are.. i mean do you pay to go in the stampede? it all confuses me.

2. RhinosBoy21

RhinosBoy21 New Member

Oct 18, 2001
    Rochester NY, but or
    Stampede is a fan group thats supports the Rhinos. We're a small group, 40-50 people mostly on game days.

Since we're in a baseball stadium, and we were too big for bleacher seats at mid-field, we asked management if we could move behind the goal, in the bullpen, and they allowed it. So we're in the bullpen, away from the family fans, but right close to the action. Besides the bullpen part, we're just like regular soccer fanatics.

We make road trips, been to 3 away games already this season.

I hope you make it to the game, i'm assuming you're from near NYC? Stop by and say hello. Anyone know if Eddie or Dimitri (ESC) making the trip??

We're close with management and players because they love the atmoshere we bring to the games. We have alot of disadvantages because we're in the bullpen, closed from the stadium, so people even in Rochester think they need a special pass to join us, which is false, so recruitment is slow. But, like i said, players love us. We have players jump into the bullpen after big games, so far we had Martin Nash (x3), Greg Simmonds (x2), Chris Carrieri, Noah Delgado, Corey Woolfolk (each 1, but all did it at same time), Kirk Wilson (x3)

The local news here hypes it on the evening news like the Lambeu Leap (in green bay). Maybe we'll see one of these on Wed??? But other celebrations are done in front of us. It's always a good time.

Like i said, hope you stop by and say hello. And hope you enjoy the game!

3. RhinosBoy21

RhinosBoy21 New Member

Oct 18, 2001
    Rochester NY, but or
    btw, visit our website at www.rochesterstampede.com

The layout is compete. It looks pretty sweet. The content we are working on right now, we didn't plan on releasing the site til later in the year but we said eff it so we're basicially doing it on the run, instead of taking our time, doing it and then releasing it.

4. soccergrl7

soccergrl7 New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Actually I'm from Greece. Right next to Rochester.

5. RhinosBoy21

RhinosBoy21 New Member

Oct 18, 2001
    Rochester NY, but or
    ic

Is this your first Rhinos game?

And do you know if any Metros fans are coming?

6. soccergrl7

soccergrl7 New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    I went to a Rhinos game on Saturday and I also went to the other game they played against the MetroStars along with other games in between...

I dont know who else is coming, but I know there were a lot of MetroStars fans at the last game against the MetroStars game so I'm guessing there will be.

7. Rochester

Rochester New Member

Jun 10, 2005
    WESTERN N.Y.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You live in Rochester but you don't support the Rhinos! Are you kidding me! You have to become a fan. Have you seen a Metros game in NJ?

8. soccergrl7

soccergrl7 New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    hah I do support the Rhinos unless they're playing against the MetroStars. And no I haven't seen a Metros game in NJ yet. I plan on seeing one soon. I just need to find a time when I'm not busy.

9. RhinosBoy21

RhinosBoy21 New Member

Oct 18, 2001
    Rochester NY, but or
    I'm disappointed NJB isn't coming...... we had an agreement first real game our two clubs meet, we make the track. We almost went to NYC in 2002 for a pre-season Metros/Rhinos game hahahahaa.

10. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I promised you. First real game (be it MLS or US Open Cup) the Rhinos and Metros play at PTP, NJB will be there! You will just have to provide us with sleeping quarters.

11. RhinosBoy21

RhinosBoy21 New Member

Oct 18, 2001
    Rochester NY, but or
    haha

Losing in PK's is not much to be ashamed of. We played good and anyone could have won on that night.

I hope you don't just come for Metros @ PTP but for PTP opener.

Atleast thats what you said you'd do in 2002.... you guys come for the opener, come for the weekend, we'll party and you guys can stay and sleep in my house. That's the least i could do..... for all you guys done for me.

12. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the Metros play at PTP opener I'm there. You don't really think I would actually go up to see the Rhinos... do you? I can't lower my standards to minor league soccer.

13. Bleacherbutt

Bleacherbutt New Member

May 1, 2001
    Rochester, NY
    That minor league team just scorched your boys a few weeks ago. Come and see the Rhinos. It's a step up from the MetroSuck.

14. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can see that picking up sarcasm is not your strong point.

15. Rochester

Rochester New Member

Jun 10, 2005
    WESTERN N.Y.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I enjoyed it! :D

16. Bleacherbutt

Bleacherbutt New Member

May 1, 2001
    Rochester, NY
    It wasn't yesterday, that's for sure. Thanks for the clarification.