Stadium thread

Discussion in 'France' started by SportBoy333, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It does. :) It really takes 20 mn.
    Tramway tickets for OL matchs have to be booked, but I don't know how things will be organized for the Euro. Hopefully the system will be as simple as possible for our foreign visitors. Fortunately things are generally well-organized in Lyon lol (we're the most calvinist of Italian cities)

P to the Wee repped this.
  2. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Going off topic but since I'm getting responses here, is there an online forum for French people where they trade Euro tickets at face value with one another? I am looking to trade match 48(probably France's QF game) for match 47(probably Germany's QF game), but I can't find any forum of that kind. If not, what is the biggest French soccer forum? Struggling to find one there as well(only finding forums for individual clubs that are active).

3. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i took that very route to the opening match and here's how it went:

walk from home to metro - 6 min
    my metro stop to Part-Dieu - 14 min
    walk from metro P-D to stadium special loading area - 10 min
    waiting in line for stadium tram - 18 min
    tram 20 min

4. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  5. Synonyme4279

Synonyme4279 New Member

Dec 24, 2015
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    HAhahahaha wow

6. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Et si l'Olympique de Marseille n'était plus le seul club à évoluer à domicile sur la pelouse du Stade Vélodrome à l'avenir ? A l'instar du Milan AC et de l'Inter Milan, ou encore de la Lazio Rome et l'AS Roma, l'OM pourrait partager son enceinte avec Marseille Consolat, à la lutte pour la montée en Ligue 2. C'est une éventualité évoquée par l'adjoint aux sports à Marseille, Richard Miron, dans les colonnes de La Provence.

"Si Consolat est performant, on est très content. A Marseille, il y a un grand stade, le Vélodrome, et il n’est pas fait que pour l’OM. Il faudra sans doute aider le club mais je suis plutôt favorable à ce qu’il joue, s’il accède à la Ligue 2, au Vélodrome", explique Miron.

7. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Question for the Lyonnais again. I am booking cheap hotels in Lyon in case none of my friends from Lyon will be around at the time of the match I'm attending. Unfortunately Google maps is not letting me know anything regarding metro/bus routes to the stadium, as well as to the gare. Here are my 2 options right now, let me know if these are safe areas and also areas where I can go around with public transportation.

Option 1:

1 avenue d'Orcha
    69120 VAULX EN VELIN
    FRANCE

Option 2:

3, rue du 8 Mai 194569100 VILLEURBANNE
    FRANCE

8. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i would consider both of these as safe areas.

option 1 is pretty much in a dead zone, there will be nothing to do there and the hotel is absolutely bare bones.

option 2 is by no means downtown but in an area where people live and there are stores, bakeries, cafés.

the way into town is the same for both, bus line 37. it goes right by #2 and there's a stop about 150m from #1. it's a line that runs pretty frequently and goes to Place Charpennes, where you can get metro for either downtown or for the Gare Part-Dieu. Shuttles will leave for the stadium from there, but from either place you'll probably want to go to Vaulx-en Velin La Soie for shuttles. from option #2 a bus takes you there, from #1 a bus fromt eh same stop as line 37 + 1 metro stop takes you there.

worth thinking about is that from #1, going via public transit to the stadium is kind of like going the wrong way around the world - as the crow flies you'd be pretty close and there's a freeway that would have you straight from hotel to stadium in like 5 min (barring traffic), and apparently OL is putting together a partnership with uber.

9. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    a note about the empty seats SB333 noticed for the inaugural match - there were empty patches against OM too and i have the answer how that happens even for a sellout:

the seating is so roomy (feels weird after being packed into gerland like sardines) that in the ends people in the corners all bunch up towards the middle (everyone's standing so the number of seats doesn't matter), leaving whole sections in the corners empty.

10. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Awesome thanks. If it comes to it, I think I will go with option 2 then. I also reserved a hotel in St. Etienne in case I would be better off leaving from there in the morning/evening. The Uber option is not one for me as my dad owns a cab company and we do not support Uber whatsoever :)

11. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  12. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #787 Catel, Jan 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    Attracting people on a Wednesday, 7 pm ain't the easiest thing.

13. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    you'll be happy to read this then:

http://www.olweb.fr/fr/article/communique-du-club-69943.html

due to local pressure they changed from ber to the local taxi syndicate.

14. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Awesome :)

Anyways, going to try to get semifinal tickets in Lyon now and then I can sell/trade off the Portugal/Hungary match tickets I have. One of my friends would be back from school so I could stay with him in Lyon, plus it's a short train ride to Marseille for the next semifinal. Hopefully that works out.

15. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  16. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  17. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Its been renamed?

18. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Yes but no one outside of France knows what Orange is. Parc OL, should be aiming for a sponsor that the whole world knows like Hyundai.

19. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    What ? Orange was a historical British phone company when France Télécom bought it.

guignol repped this.
  20. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Hyundai isn't a bad car company anymore has gone alot way

21. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well those stadiums cost us a lot (underline "a lot") of our taxes, but until now they're worth it. They are all really beautiful and enhance the fans and the noise.

22. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    don't say i didn't tell you so...

an article about the hell euro fans are going through to get to and from allianz arena:

http://www.sofoot.com/galere-sur-la-riviera-224944.html

this is why the PACA region can't have nice things.

23. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    some upgrades
    [Dijon] Stade Gaston-Gérard (16,098>22,000)

24. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Coupe de la ligue finals

2017 : Lyon
    2018 : Bordeaux
    2019 : Lille

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  25. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Parc OL likely to be named after a Chinese company. Also likely to host the Europa League 2018 final. Neither is confirmed but strong rumors.