Stadium news: East Stand now ready!

Discussion in 'Blackpool' started by Bispham Seasider, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Bispham Seasider

Bispham Seasider New Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Re: Stadium news **Work has started on the new 5,070 seater East Stand **

Still not gone on sale yet!!!! I am keeping an eye out!!!

2. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Stadium stuff:

Yesterday they had fitted seats in 7 of the 9 blocks in the East stand with only two blocks to go, but today they have had to revisit blocks 5 & 6 as they put the wrong seats in. Blocks 5 & 6 are where the press are going to sit, sandwiched between the home and away support, and these seats are apparently more luxurious than what the standard fan will be getting. The new turnstiles are being put in at both ends of the East stand and the walls are being built. Catering will be via mobile units and toilet facilities will be portaloos, glad I don't live in Back Henry street.

Announced today that Pool reserves will be playing Morecambe reserves in a Lancs Cup match next Wednesday (25 Aug) evening at Bloomfield Road --- the East stand will be free of charge for this match and the intention is to fully test it with hopefully 5000 volunteers before the Fulham home match on Sat 28 August. It all looks a bit tight to me and if any issues crop up next Wednesday there is not going to be much time to fix them.

They have had special cranes repainting the inside and outside of the North, NW and West stands for the last two months --- lots of rust has had to be removed as general maintenance has not been carried out for several years. Karl always said if you leave rust long enough it begins to look like the colour tangerine anyway.

The faded seats from the NW stand are gradually being removed and replaced with new ones. Then they will remove the North stand faded seats including the seats containing the large white letters BFC, not sure whether this will be completed before the Fulham game.

The ground looks a lot smarter at the front, especially behind the new South stand.

I am going to Blackpool on Friday morning (27 Aug) and returning to Fleet late on Sunday (29 Aug), hope to watch the Fulham match but so far all of my contacts have come up with nothing.

I am sure one of the big TV stations in the US will select Pool v Fuham on 28 Aug as there is so much interest around the world about Pool's fairy tale rise to the Prem league, further enhanced by the 4-0 away win at Wigan last saturday -- by the way this was voted by all League managers as the performance of the week and was the only away win in the Prem League. Also Pool had three players in the Prem League team of the week -- Harewood, Baptiste and Taylor- Fletcher.

From an email I received.

3. Dynamogal

Dynamogal Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We made a weekend trip in May for the promotion game - :eek: talk about jet lag but worth every bit of it!!! I hope you get a ticket for the game.

4. Bispham Seasider

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Blackpool Council's public protection committee will meet on Thursday to decide if the new East stand can open in time for Saturday's game.

The stand will hold a total of 5,120 supporters, taking total capacity at the start of the season to 16,220.

The capacity will then increase further during the season, with the installation of hospitality seating in the South stand.

5. Bispham Seasider

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Some images from the completed stand (although there are a few things still to do).

[​IMG]

6. Bispham Seasider

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

[​IMG]