Stadium Experience

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by PMnewYork, Sep 23, 2003.

1. PMnewYork

PMnewYork New Member

Jul 7, 2000
    New York City
    My e-mail to MetroStars:

On Saturday night, September 20th, when entering Gate A going to the game vs Columbus, I was stopped by security and told I had to check my shoulder bag. I pointed out to security that women were going in with bags and back packs. I was told by the security guard at Gate A that wommen could bring in bags but men could not. That it was stadium policy. I was astounded. I just cannot understand why that is valid. I can see the reasoning if someone is coming in with an infant. But women and men not attending with little children should be treated equally.
    Another reason, added to the football lines, the horns, and the pandering to to the youth market, makes going to Giants Stadium for MetroStars games almost inbearable.
    I do enjoy the games and love the team. I have been going to games since Day One and I am a season ticket holder.
    I will not be renewing my subscription next season.

Peter Bockman

2. UncleLTrain

UncleLTrain Member

May 19, 2002
    Yea I wish I could bring a purse too.

3. NJPsycho

NJPsycho New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Dirty Jerzee
    [​IMG]

You walked right into that joke

4. ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan New Member

Jan 20, 1999
    SHAPE, Belgium
    Re: Re: Stadium Experience

Where do you all find these pictures. Are you the endline photographer?... That's just hilariuos.

5. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A close friend of mine worked at the VISA/MC processing place here in Pasadena. A huge place.
    Anyway they always search even your lunch bags as you went in but they did not search women's bags or purses. There was someone stealing a lot of microfilm from the place for the purpose of fraud, of course, and when they finally caught the bad people it turned out that the stuff was going out in a women's purse. DUH.. Anyway, they changed the policy. :)

6. UpTheMetro

UpTheMetro Member

Jun 3, 1999
    New York
    You can fit a nice sized weapon inside a pair of binoculars, which are unchecked by security.

7. UncleLTrain

UncleLTrain Member

May 19, 2002
    You can wear a firearm with an ankle strap... how often do they even check there?

8. dirk diggler

dirk diggler Member

May 14, 2000
    Fire Daddy!
    Club:
    --other--
    Gate A is closed for Metro matches. You can only enter from Gates B C or D

9. red&black1

red&black1 New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Kearny NJ
    I bring my camera to most games and they never check inside the case to see if its really a camera.
    This thing is huge, i could fit a number weapons inside(not that i plan to). Then i see security guards giving people with small bags a hard time!!
    The stadium needs to review their policies...

10. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Whatever happened to equality, or are women more equal than men?

11. Section113

Section113 New Member

Feb 26, 1999
    Boonton
    I had my f'in Snapple keychain confinscated by security three weeks ago!

Was it a knife? no.
    Was it a gun? no.
    It was JUST a keychain!

It was one of those "climbers clips" (i can't remeber the correct term for it) and the guard said it could be used as brass knuckles!

12. JayKay

JayKay New Member

Apr 22, 2003
    NJ
    Carabiner

I guess you could us it for brass knuckles, but that's just plain silly.

13. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Peter, women are allowed for reasons we men don't have to worry about each and every month, so relax. There are many other reasons to be pissed off about, then this. And what are the guarantees that the same policy won't be enforced once the new Metros stadium is built ? Times have changed and it is just the way things are for the safety of the fans, you know they have to enforce some laws even if they don't make a lot of sense.
    I been a season ticket holder since day one as well and i will continue to be one because the Metros are my team and i love the game. As much as i hate the parking fee $10, the $6 beer price , football lines, stupid horns,musc, stc ,there are many things that i wish they were done differently, i will continue to support the team and that is all we really can do. Maybe one day when we will have our own stadium. things will be different.
    Lets not forget that empty period in out life when we didn't have a team to support , no games to go to, no start, no hopes. The team needs us, if you like soccer support it.
    Cheers

14. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    The security keeps searching me for my water bottle cap. I keep having to find a new place to hide the damn thing... idiots.......

15. bobuck

bobuck New Member

Mar 10, 2000
    NYC
    You could always go to the games in drag.

16. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I need to walk in with you next time. I stopped bringing my film camera because they were giving me such a hard time and last time I was told that there were no digital cameras permitted (it's a point and shoot). Going to another gate they let me in, but it's such a hassle.

17. Morpheus1271

Morpheus1271 Member

May 30, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Let's get one thing straight everyone. THIS issue is NOT about equality. It is about respect for privacy. The bottom line is that women carry purses, men don't. Women have 'items' they carry which are 'personal' in nature; men don't (normally).

Now, that being said....this does absolutely need to change and it needs to change quickly. But it is not discriminatory, it is not sexist....it's an oversight (a bad one) that stemmed from a fundamental difference between men and women, thats all.

Women will need to realize that it is a necessary evil and that their privacy isn't being invaded.

18. bukie2k

bukie2k Member

Mar 28, 2002
    New Jersey
    Must have been difficult not to spot test the theory at that moment. ;)

19. Section113

Section113 New Member

Feb 26, 1999
    Boonton
    '
    Ha! Actually my response was "you just want it right? I mean you just want it for yourself right?" I then took the keys off and told him to have a ball with it.

20. _chachi

_chachi New Member

Mar 15, 1999
    new jersey, usa
    the amount of bitching and moaning on this site never ceases to amaze me.

21. red&black1

red&black1 New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Kearny NJ
    We've been watching Mathis for too long...