stadium expansion

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by ArsenalTexan3, Nov 29, 2004.

1. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Does anyone have the site where you can calculate the % of expanding?

Right now I have a 25k stadium and I'm planning on upgrading to at least 40 or 45k before they charge double for expansion.

2. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    terraces 62.5%
    Basic 25%
    under roof 10%
    VIP 2.5%

that's taken from ht-buddy

I don't remember the supporter multiplier, but the default one on buddy which I just redownloaded is 35, someone can correct me if that is wrong though.

3. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Ikari

Ikari Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    At the halfway mark of the season, there's a slim chance I can secure 4th place and stay in DV for next season. However, chances are I'll be stuck with a qualifying match to stay in DV, and at worst a straight demotion to DVI. My stadium is at 14,000. Would it be worth it to expand to 17,000 seats, with the thought that I still may be kicked to DVI? It will tap most of my current war chest, but I can afford it and still be in the black.

5. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ

i think rule of thumb is to always expand by at least 10,000 each time

6. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  7. Steve_R

Steve_R Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Somerville, MA
    whats all that then with having to give your password on the hattrix-ray page? I haven't really kept up with their updates and only knew about hattrix-files before, but has anyone actually given out their password on there? Even if they say its safe, I never like giving out a password for something I've worked so long on...

8. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the X-Ray stuff that requires username/password will actually look at data for your team, so it needs that to log in as you and retrieve the data. All of the old information should be there and available without logging in.

e.g. the Arenasizer will do some kind of wizardry on your historic attendance data, the econ-calc will look at your current balance and advise you how many you should have, etc.

9. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dola, I've observed in the past that I'm suspicious of low VIP percentages in stadium recommendations (i.e. I think that 2.5% should be the bare minimum and I suspect that you do better with more than that). I really ought to look at my own team's history on the point, I keep saying that I'm going to.

10. Steve_R

Steve_R Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Somerville, MA
    Thats what I thought, so I guess as long as its definitley certified by Hattrick I'll try it out.

11. Jimjamesak

Jimjamesak New Member

May 3, 2003
    Anchorage Alaska
    I would expand if I were in your shoes, no matter if stay up and demote you will eventually fill it up at some point next season.

Also, please if you do demote, don't demote into my division. It's tough enough as it is.

12. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    I have used the x-ray site and had no problems. It's actually kinda cool.

13. Kevin in Louisiana

Kevin in Louisiana New Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Metairie, LA
    I expanded to 40k because I wanted to make sure I was good for a while, with the increase in prices at the end of the season, but with my team on a losing streak it isn't doing me much good right now.

14. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

I recommend expand because even if you are demoted, you should start winning games and drawing a bigger crowd each time. If I were you I would go from 14k to about 25k.

15. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    And don't forget the increased construction costs after this season.

16. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is the reason I am expanding, even though it is unlikely I will fill it for a while.

17. Ikari

Ikari Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    I'll have to wait till near the end of the season to start construction, as I'll need at least one or two more trainee pops before I can make a sale to cover the costs of construction. As it stands right now I'd end up going about $125k into the red if I expanded.

18. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thx, I'll guess I will expand a little bit more than planned.