Stadio della Roma ** All News & Info **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Jan 11, 2012.

1. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    €50m? Jeez, I didn't think it would cost that much.

That's even pricey for Las Vegas were it seems like every parcel of land is owned by Mormons, Native Americans or is environmentally protected.

2. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'd love to see what the Indian reservations are like out there, I've only been to those road side " trading posts " in ARizona

3. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What does an average home outside the city center of Rome cost? 2-3 bedroom

4. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    170,000 to 230,000 euros

5. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I guess that's like here, I'm 30 min outside downtown manhattan

6. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They aren't as glamorous as they sound. There are a couple that have really targeted tourist, turning themselves into a quasi Disney land attraction. Most though are depressing, widespread crime, drinking and drug use.

Pyramid Lake up north is pretty nice though, I've been on a couple fishing trips up there.

7. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's crazy I wonder why that is...

8. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Because we have treated them like crap for hundreds of years and their on crap lanf

9. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I didnt do anything to them and neither did my family or ancestors. But I know what u mean, but still it's too bad they can't get their things together

10. Capitano_10

Capitano_10 Member+

Apr 18, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    So, are new stadium plans still in place as of right now?

11. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Who knows

12. Capitano_10

Capitano_10 Member+

Apr 18, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Just what i thought

13. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Pierro Torri has an article on the new stadium. At this point I'd take it with a bit of skepticism. The plan is to be in the stadium by 2015/16 season. The area of the stadium to be determined by 2013. Then a full year to obtain all the permits and permissions. Working would start in 2014 and be completed by June 2015. Which seems a little optimistic to me. Wait unit they dig out some crappy old bowl and see how that slows down things. He estimates the cost of the stadium to be around 200 to 300 million euros and that the club will try to finance it completely through outside investment. He mentions how Juventus raised 75 million euros for their stadium by selling naming rights to a company who would then sell the name rights to someone else. The club could look to do the same. He also suggests the possibility of selling season tickets in advance to raise some funds. ** facepalm ** Finally he closes out by saying the stadium will be modeled after the Dallas Cowboys stadium in the United States, that it should be at a capacity of around 60,000 with the objective of selling 2/3 in pre-season tickets.

14. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Apart from that part where they want to sell the preseason tickets early to finance the stadium, everything looks good, but it also looks a bit idealistic.

15. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    60,000.... Cowboys is 110,000 but people in Dallas have nothing better to do and there is only 18 games a season

16. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    60k is more than enough. We almost never get that much attendance.

17. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    well for the 49ers they are selling seats before hand to fund the new stadium there is a joke going around that all the season ticket owners are the ones paying for the stadium...

i think 60k is to big...

18. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    You are wrong

19. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    really now the last time i checked roma has only been filling up the curvas...

20. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Teams always get an initial boost from a new stadium - it is the same in every sport. I have been to Stadio Olimpico once in my life and although it was a mythical place - it was pretty bare when it comes to amenities. They will probably add vendors, restaurants, an AS Roma shop, a play area for children, luxury suites, and all the amenities of a modern stadium. It will be a place Romanisti will be proud to go and spend the day. Also, the Stadio Olimpico is cavernous - it is too big. When you have a stadium that is scaled down to the right amount, and you see the stadium completely full (and not just on the curves), the atmosphere will be electric. It will be up there with any stadium in Europe. Finally, once the stadium is completed, our revenues should increase as well to keep the product on the field attractive.

21. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Roma averages maybe 35,000 and it's a shit stadium without parking and complicated to reach. With a new stadium you can easily add another 10 to 15 thousand to the average. Then if an owner comes along who actually opens their wallet and builds a winning team you can grow it beyond that. Rome is not Torino, it's a big city.

22. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yes but attendance has been going way down in italy i made fun if the juve stadium in calling a sandbox do to its size but in the end i dont think any stadium in italy should go past 50k my own stadium was filled the brim only once and that was for a coppa game with reduced ticket prices...

23. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    A stadium is built once and it lasts the next hundred years. It's better to be forward thinking. This is the capital, the stadium needs to be of capacity to hold a Champions League or Euro final. I repeat this isn't ugly Torino.

Oban14 and Vulpinous repped this.
  24. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i know ive been to Roma if there was a better train system in place it wouldnt be so bad getting to the stadio i went to go see it there is also a smaller stadium next to it where i saw people playing rugby.

25. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Dallas Cowboys stadium is supposed to be the mecca of stadiums, so that is very optimistic. I'm pretty sure they even have free wifi for the 100,000 plus people in the stands.

And I think 60k is fine for now. They can always expand in the future, and a stadium that is full is a much better environment.