Stadio della Roma ** All News & Info **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Jan 11, 2012.

1. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Speculative piece about the new stadium that claims Tor Di Valle remains the number one choice, and that Luca Parnasi will be the builder.

2. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Roma and Coni have reached an agreement for use of the Stadio Olimpico up until June 30th 2012. The agreement calls for minor improvements of the facilities and services.

3. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Here is a bit more information on the agreement with Coni for the use of the Stadio Olimpico until June 30 2015:

- In the Monte Mario tribune they will add new sky boxes with 6 catered restaurants. I'm not to sure where they will cook, because the Olimpico doesn't exactly have plenty of internal space.

- There is also a plan to develop the nearby Parco del Foro Italico area. Adding restaurants and a games area for children outside of the Curva Nord.

Of course this has nothing to do with the new stadium, but it's interesting the agreement goes until 2015 when it's rumored our new stadium should be ready around them.

4. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This is brilliant! I don't want to get my hopes up as no one is saying it, but I think our new stadium might now have a completion date that's being kept under wraps!

Now... if they dare call it Stadio "Franco Sensi" as it was to be named under l'sfiga they'll have a mutiny in their hands...

Very little against Franco, but his daughter tarnished his name for me and a thousand other Romanisti.

5. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    They're not mad to name the stadium after any Sensi. They will sell the naming rights like all the owners with a brain.

6. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This group is American. The naming rights will go to the highest bidder in the long run, not upfront like Garbage Sensi did

7. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    why is it taking juve so long to get a sponsor for their sandbox ?

8. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    it usually does take time. Giants stadium took a couple years to get full naming rights (Not cornerstone sponsors)

9. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    did not know that thanks for the info

10. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    np. The only problem with taking a long time though, is that people start to refer to it as it's nickname. Like I just did; Giants stadium is really called MetLife stadium, but rarely do people refer to it as that

11. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ya the SF Giants sold the naming rights right off the bat to AT&T

12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One thing to note about the Juve stadium. Juve "sold" the rights to SportFive to find a sponsor for stadium naming rights, as well as sponsors for various luxury boxes. They got 75 million for this. SportFive now has to sell the naming rights to whomever, of which Juve will get rather large piece of that pie as well.

13. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's a bad deal if the naming rights are indefinite. Usually they go like 20-25 years

14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juve's deal was for SportFive to find a sponsor, SportFive paid Juve for the right to find a deal. I don't believe that the naming rights are indefinite. It was basically them having somebody go out and deal with the negotiating and everything else. Juve has final say on the name as well.

15. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Here's a picture of Pallotta meeting with Dan Meis to look at plans for the Roma stadium. :eek:

[​IMG]

So happy the donkey that designed the Juve Stadium and the Stadio Franco Sensi doesn't seem to be involved.

16. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    All Giants fans still call it Giants Stadium though so whoever become the sponsor really didnt matter. New Giants stadium took awhile to be named also because they did have a sponsor set up but groups objected to them because of their history. It was some German company (not MB).

17. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I like how they're just looking at like 50 different stadium exteriors

18. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In my experience with architects they're either OCD neat or messy like Meis.

I remember one guy would perfectly organize his color pencils and have a go at his secretary for moving them.

19. shiboboo

shiboboo Member+

Nov 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I see what looks Cape Town's stadium 3 down from the one Pallotta is pointing at. Though it was partially due to the setting around (their signature mountain was behind it in the skyline in one direction, and the ocean in the other) that stadium was really cool looking.

20. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I remember at school our principal said once that naturally smart people are often found to be quite messy because they think so quickly however it could've been bull. I know one of my bosses, he's the definition of unorganised but when he has his stuff organised he can't find anything then my other boss can't find anything unless she has it all tidy and organised.

21. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's exactly what I just said.

With the main naming right, maybe you are thinking of Allianz, or something like that. They had a pretty heavy influence within something in the Holocaust.

22. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Yup, they won the original rights but major Jewish group opposed and the Giants backed out.

23. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I wonder how its perceived in munich, with their Allianz arena

24. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Today's Corriere Dello Sport speculates the two models being studied for the AS Roma stadium are the new Dallas Cowboys stadium and the stadium of Huston Texans.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hmmm, those are excellent in terms of crowd management and seating, though a bit large. Aesthetically I do hope they give it some Roman touch, some sort of homage to the greatest arena ever — il Colosseo.