Stadio della Roma ** All News & Info **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Jan 11, 2012.

1. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because I can't spell....

.....or

It's how Mancunians phonetically pronounce 'City' - Ci-Teh (emphasis on the 'eh') instead of Ci-tee. That's how everyone used to refer to them before they got their money in the South of England, where I grew up. I don't care how big they've become, or how much of the oil teat they suck, I'll sill refer to them as 'Citeh'.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj4wjFcyaxE"]Eurotrip Mancunian dialect - YouTube[/ame]

I did notice that I misspelled City but I went back and wrote that after the bit about Citeh so I got confused, my bad. Anything else?

2. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well they said they want a modern stadium which would suggest a stadium without a track. If you remember Spurs were originally going to build the NDP as part of the London Olympics bid and that would have been for football (no track) and maybe some other events during the games.

3. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Of course not

4. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It is still going to be privately financed, so it will be Roma's completely. Don't be so smug DDR

5. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It seems that Rome's candidacy to host the 2020 Olympics has fallen. The prime minister has turned it down saying that given the state of the country it's an obligation they can't take on and support. Figures I guess that something with Rosella Sensi involved would fall apart.

Anyhow this is likely to affect our chances of building a stadium. Rome making a bid and possibly winning would have really been something the club could have leveraged in order to get their stadium built.

6. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    I still firmly believe that DiBen and co sees Roma as a building project and getting Roma to the CL and a new stadium makes the club worth infinitely more. If they don't make those investments....

7. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    as in the case of Liverpool, they promised a new stadium and it never came as finances fell out.

None of us can have any idea if the same situation will happen here, but it would still be the best long-term investment.

8. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    LFC was Hicks and Gillett, not the current group of owners.

9. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I think you missed the point entirely. They can have all the money in the world but there are major obstacles to getting a stadium built in Italy, probably even more in Rome. And if you want proof of that just look at Fiorentina and how Della Valle has lost all interest now that it's become obvious he can't build a new ground.

Being attached to an Olympic bid would have guaranteed getting a stadium built. It would have given you green lights throughout the process. It would have sidelined every committee and politician that will step in your way and slow you down. In my opinion this is a monumental set back, only for these reasons. Rome is a city where you can't place a shovel into the ground without some stupid ancient piece of a vase popping up, and the second that happens you get shut down for months. Attached to an Olympic bid there would have been great pressure to get things down, without it there is a lot more room for interference.

10. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think for DiB, Pallotta and Co the goals are still the same. Presumably the goal is to raise the value of the club with state of the art infrastructure and sell it for a huge profit. I think not being connected to the Olympics hurts but it won't deter our owners. The ownership group is very similar to Spurs actually, ENIC don't have intentions of being permanent owners of Spurs. The plan was to raise the value of the squad bringing in more marketable players and playing in European competition. Also build state of the are infrastructure, with the NDP and training facilities, when it's sold it will be for several times more then what they paid for it. The NDP was originally planned to be part of the London Olympic bid but that fell through, it was always a long shot, London is pretty bias against the North. Still the ultimate goal never changed.

11. Iaquinta

Iaquinta Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    True story. I remember walking through the city seeing dozens of halted constriction projects.

12. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    You do have to remember in the center of the city during construction they have to stop work when they find more antiquity crap, which happens ever time they do construction.

13. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Damn archaeologists!

14. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    and thats why there are new owners

15. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Your points are true.

Italy however has a large unemployment rate. With the intentions of building a stadium, which will create jobs, then I don't see an incredible amount of difficulty in finding space. Transportation however, Metro and roads, will be a struggle.

16. Iaquinta

Iaquinta Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It doesn't matter how high the unemployment rate is. The amount of bureaucracy and hurdles that are needed to be bypassed will make the construction very difficult.

17. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    There used to be a time when sending a hooker to a politicians hotel room would help clear those hurdles. Ahhh the good 'ol days of 2010. :D

18. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    it's a combination. If there is high unemployment rate, then there is motivation to start investment projects from the city. (or at least there should be).

There is no denying that it is difficult, I am not naive, but if they want it done, it is going to get done.

I understand Rome is different, but in the end, currency is the new currency of the world.

19. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    AS Roma through their website has announced that Cushman & Wakefeld, a consulting firm, will be working to determine an area for the new stadium. With a choice being made by June.

20. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess that location but the Ippodromo is a no go.

I remember they said it would be announced in June, maybe the Olympics have push plans back slightly. Doesn't matter to me, sounds like progress.

21. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I hope not, logistically I felt it was a great location.

22. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
  23. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK that's weird, I wasn't going to say anything but I've worked with Cushman & Wakefeld and Dan Meis relatively recently. Not a developer but with my job I come across people in that world a lot. Cush and Wake have an office near Green Valley and Dan Meis is designing a project for UNLV.

Here's some recent examples of his work. The stadium has been forced to scale back, so the design has changed a couple times.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I hope to finally make it to my first match in September and whether it is the current stadium or the eventual new stadium, I just hope that it is with in easy reach by use of public transportation.

25. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    public transit in italy sucks trust me ive used it.... i got lost in Roma because of it....