St. Louis - Name and Jersey Ideas Pt. 2

Discussion in 'St. Louis City SC' started by Z010 Union, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PopsKrock

PopsKrock New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Belleville
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Says you. But seriously let's not let the name and jersey thread turn into a debate over the English oppression of the Irish.

2. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't want to. But to suggest Irish is a race is idiotic, just like American or Canadian isn't race. Common sense isn't difficult.

3. PopsKrock

PopsKrock New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Belleville
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Irish is an ethnic group though. Please don't speak on things you don't know or understand. That would be common sense.

4. Basque21

Basque21 New Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Club:
    CA Osasuna
    This is the final post on this issue the Irish and English are different looking have you ever heard of the black irish? Look up Irish racism APPARENTLY common sence IS difficult for some.

5. PopsKrock

PopsKrock New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Belleville
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone wonder what the realistic list of sponsors is?
    I formulated a short list of locally connected companies:
    Ralston-Purina
    Schnucks
    Dierbergs
    Wachovia
    Busch
    Vess?
    Olin
    Monsanto
    Express Scripts
    Schafly

I know I'm overlooking some stuff and some of these aren't feasible, but I'm trying to keep a broad scope.

6. SoccerYoda

SoccerYoda New Member

Aug 14, 2007
    O'Fallon, MO USA
    Back on the 'AC" topic and away from the racism...:rolleyes:

My point is, let's be a little more individual and less copycat.

'AC' = lame

7. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, Irish is an ethnic group, because they've got their own dialect and customs. THIS DOES NOT MAKE THEM A RACE. Both the English and the Irish are caucasian, and they are both descendant from Celts.
    How is it that I don't understand that? Please don't make an idiotic statement that disproves the entire point you're trying to make, and then make an attempt at condescension when it's clearly unwarranted. When the English make fun of the irish as a group, it's bigotry or prejudice, not racism.

I'm not going to say anything more on the racism issue, because it's such a stupid argument. I'd just like to point out the statement above. It may be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard in my life. I believe the point he's trying to make is that, because there are irish blacks, that, when English people make fun of the irish, it's racism. Because of the "black irish." Unless you're trying to make a point about the Black Irish that are simply Irish people that have a dark-hair phenotype. A suggestion such as this would simply be nothing short of retarded.

There. I'm done with this debate. I attempted to end it last time, but two people had to get the last word. I won't have that.

EDIT: To keep this on topic, the shirt sponsor should be Anheuser Busch, the original logo. I'm fairly confident they will be the sponsor in some fashion, but I'd rather it be the original.

Either one of these: [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Cleveland has dibs on this name.