St. Louis Cardinals

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by qwidgibo, Apr 8, 2010.

1. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think cupping the catchers ball would be more of a reason to fight:p

Cueto will miss one start. Was that worth losing LaRue with a concussion? Or the cuts to Carpenter?

Starting a fight on the field is stupid, period.

2. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah you got me there. Cueto, who deserves a much longer suspension for his actions, kicking at players with their backs turned in his cleats, should be out for at least as long as Larue.

As for ti being Molina's fault, all he was doing was yapping too. The umpire, if you watch the video was moving Molina back and (IMO) it didn't look like Molina wanted to do anything more then yap. Whoever came off the bench, they're more to blame here. And if you watch this video, the Reds players were the first out of the dugout. That's what got the fight really going. (Note: bad video, but it gets a good shot of the dugouts. Check second 39)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtth-9AdiWA"]YouTube- Reds vs Cardinals fight live 08/10/2010[/ame]

3. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was watching the game live and saw many replays. Seems like it would have been a typical baseball fight until Carpenter and Rolen were pushing eachother to the backstop. Carpenter said later he didn't realize it was Rolen until after it was too late.

Either way, I am all for the smack talk. I think it makes the game more interesting especially if you look at what happened afterwards. Did Phillips really rile up the Cards or are they just the better team? I don't know the answer to that but it sure made the series more fun to watch.

I do still think Molina is a punk:p

4. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now they're saying that Reds coach Brooks Jacoby threw down Dave Duncan. I really think the coaches just stay in the damn dugout unless they are looking to be Zimmered.

5. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think, ala the NHL, anyone coming out of the dugout or the bullpen should get a suspension. Have to admit it was pretty funny to see LaRussa and Baker screaming at eachother.:D

6. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States