St. Louis Cardinals

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by qwidgibo, Apr 8, 2010.

1. qwidgibo

qwidgibo New Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Genève, Switzerland
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    I'm not exactly sure what to say except that you should post stuff about the Cardinals.

2. qwidgibo

qwidgibo New Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Genève, Switzerland
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Also go Albert Pujols because without him the cardinals would not be 2-0

3. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As someone else said, looks like we'll have to settle for 161-1. Right handed relief pitching is going to be the scariest aspect of the Cards game. Late inning HRs are going to be the norm.

4. qwidgibo

qwidgibo New Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Genève, Switzerland
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    It is still looking good, now 4-1

5. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cardinals have two losses. In both losses, the Cardinals bats overcame big deficits to tie up the game. And in both losses, relief pitching gave up a home run in the ninth to lose it.

Hope those bats never go quiet. Although the 3-4-5 of Pujols, Holliday, and Rasmus, I like.

6. qwidgibo

qwidgibo New Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Genève, Switzerland
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    todays game was definitely impressive, didn't give up a single run.

7. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My man, "Impressive" and "Win over Houston" are mutually exclusive terms this year. Through 7 games, the Stros have scored as many runs as the Diamondbacks scored in the fourth inning of their game yesterday.

8. qwidgibo

qwidgibo New Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Genève, Switzerland
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    The astros will probably eventually pick up their game but right now they are laughable, I guess we'll see today if they can finally win a game

9. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can someone tell me who Allen Craig is and why, for some reason, we are unworthy to hold his jock? Usually at this point, it's Duncan's pitching reclamation projects getting us through. Looks like having McGwire as a batting coach maybe the thing this season.

11. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right now Craig's someone who knows how to make a birthday special and wants to play the Phillies every game. ;)

12. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    8th straight win, 1.5 game lead and most importantly, "Hot Rod" Albert now has 11 stolen bases to lead the team. :cool:

13. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Whitey were dead he'd be rolling in his grave over that stat.

He'd like the sweep of the Dodgers and Phillies though. That bodes well. Now if we can just take it to Atlanta and San Diego....

14. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was interesting to hear the Cubs announcers say the Cardinals have the best ERA in baseball. Now if Tony could kick over that rock the hitters are hiding under.....

15. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oddly I keep hearing about the Cards going after Haren or Oswalt, when for far less we may pick up a decent bat.

16. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess the Cards are going by the old clique that you can never have enough pitching. That being said, Carpy, Wainwright, Garcia & Oswalt does seem to be a bit of overkill for the playoffs, unless they are thinking more about getting into the playoffs. If that's the case, it could be a very good move.

17. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would like to thank Brandon Phillips and the Cincinnatti Redlegs for the wake-up call. A win today will send a really strong message.

18. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup. I guess Carpenter and Rolen weren't each others favorite teammate.

19. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And the sweep is complete. According to the announcers for the game, Tuesday's brawlball was the most watched event in Fox Sports Midwest history. Plus, the Cardinals are the most watched team in baseball. Impressive.

They also showed Rolen and Carpenter meeting on the ball field before the game. Maybe they patched things up.

20. TetsuoShima

TetsuoShima New Member

Jun 9, 2005
    St. louis Metro East
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well after the game was over both Carp and Rolen said the press/media mistook everything between him and Carp during the brawl. Rolen was just trying to keep Carp out of everything is what both said in post game interviews.

But yah Thank You Phillips for the wake up call!

21. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Think Phillips is getting dirty looks in the Reds clubhouse? What a schmuck.

LaRue was pretty badly dinged in that figt though so that's bad. We brought up the AA catcher to back up Molina, in case anyone else wants to tap shinguards. Best thing about this series, other than the sweep, was that we did it on the road, which hasn't been where we played our best ball.

We play the Cubs next at Busch. These games are getting meaningful aren't they?

22. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I kinda enjoyed Phillips being honest. If that's how he feels, why sugar coat it? I think Molina is a punk and deserved a suspension.

23. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why? Phillips hit him with a bat to get it all going. He's did a dumb thing and put himself before the team. That's why you sugarcoat because you can lose the first place lead.

24. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He didn't "hit him with a bat". He does that before every first at bat to every catcher regardless of the team. If he "hit him with a bat" he would have gotten a suspension. Molina was a punk for doing what he did in the game. Take offense at what was said in the papers off the field but don't start a fight on the field.

25. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't really care if its Phillips tradition to cup every catcher's balls before an at at-bat. You're still poking an opponent with a bat and Molina was right to not stand up for that BS with the presumable benefit that it would fire up his team (and as it turns out weaken the Reds with suspension to Cueto) Phillips was (and is) a fool to say what he said, there was zero benefit to his team, only detriment attached to his words. And I bless him for it. He weakened the Reds.

Keep yapping, Brandon Phillips. Maybe someone will put you in a litle fuzzy sweater like the rest of the little yippy dogs.