St Louis Branding (3.0)

Discussion in 'St. Louis City SC' started by Z010 Union, Sep 12, 2007.

1. truebluestl

truebluestl New Member

Sep 21, 2007
    (@ SIUC) St. Louis
    I think that it will be cool to have a poll for either "Knights" or "Saints" for the team nickname, if that is what we go for. I know that there are some people out there that just want the "St. Louis Knights" or whatever and not, say, "St. Louis United" or "St. Louis SC".

I just think that we need to go with the Knights either way, that way we can have a supporter group: the Templars!

Oh, check this by the way, I was sitting in class the other day and I came up with a cool rivalry cup between KC and STL. They are the WIZARDS and we are the KNIGHTS so, Merlin v Arthur = the CAMELOT CUP!

What do you think?

2. Tkebh979

Tkebh979 New Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Houston-ish
    Hmm.. nice brainstorm. Has some spunk... but, no. If we are going to derive a cup/trophy from the (potential) names of these franchises, we should stick with the aforementioned 18-sided (though the photo showed a 20-sided) Die Trophy. Embrace your nerdom.

There was a post I read recently.. can't remember the board/thread.. but it suggested a cup that was passed between major supporters groups and held by the group who's team had the upper-hand w.r.t. the regular season record between the teams. Have it at tailgates and whatnot. Sounded swell to me. If you wanted to call THAT the Camelot Cup, sure. Why the hell not?

I'd rather pass the Keg of Glory (and all the finest muffins and bagels in the land) than the Camelot Cup, but that's the inner-frat-boy in me.

3. shawne3386

shawne3386 New Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Southern Illinois
    Victory is mine! Victory is mine. Great day in the morning, people, Victory is mine.

4. Ultravolta

Ultravolta New Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Dancefloor
    Cheah!! Ch-Ch-Checkers!!!

Big up Sport Billy! Apart from the white sponsor box I really really dig this mock up!!! :)
    I'm normally not too fond of checker jerseys, but with this color combo its marvelous! Also works well with the scepter Louis IX is wielding in the crest! Moreover, it would natually bring along nice flags in the stands! Superb!

5. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    Re: Cheah!! Ch-Ch-Checkers!!!

Thanks

6. Ultravolta

Ultravolta New Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Dancefloor
    Re: Cheah!! Ch-Ch-Checkers!!!

Oh yeah and... Checkers are as "knightish" as it gets! :D

[​IMG]

7. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    I modified it a bit:

[​IMG]

8. KeeperDad30

KeeperDad30 Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Lincoln, NE
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know I have been quiet for awhile guys. Here is my latest effort, based on the template for the new San Jose Jerseys.

[​IMG]

The sponsor I used is a fitness store owned by Cooper's Seven Hills Company.
    Here is the colorized logo and a link.
    [​IMG]

http://www.bipod.com/

9. 400lb Gorilla

400lb Gorilla Member

Sep 1, 2006
    Missouri
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know it's been posted before, but I think it was in one of the previous threads, but if we can't have the cross design i would be all in favor of copying the 3rd jersey of Celtic.
    [​IMG]

God that jersey is so full of win.

10. SMUPlayer

SMUPlayer New Member

Nov 3, 2005
    DC
    Hey guys. I have to say that this is my first time to post on the St. Louis site, but I have been watching it from afar. I saw someone's signature saying something about Gateway City supporters. It would be awesome to have a team with City in their name. Have you thought of lobbying for Gateway City SC/Gateway City FC, or is SLSU the "set in stone" name?

11. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would love that, to be honest. City is well better than United in my mind.

I like St. Louis City FC personally above all, but everybody's deadset on United.

12. Adiaga_2

Adiaga_2 Member

St. Louis City SC
    Aug 30, 2007
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's been stated by others before, but the problem most fans seem to have with the "City" name is that the team won't be playing in St. Louis city.

And in regards to the "Gateway" idea, I don't think there's a chance in heck the team will be called something that doesn't have St. Louis in the name.

13. Veruca

Veruca Member

Jul 13, 2005
    Aurora, CO
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only team that I can see being called City is New York City SC, and that's if they build a stadium in the city.

Otherwise it makes absolutely no sense.

And Gateway would be a great SG, but a poor club name.

14. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uh, why wouldn't it make sense? Manchester City? Birmingham City? Etc. Those make sense, no?

15. WestHamUtdFC

WestHamUtdFC Member

Aug 15, 2007
    St. Louis
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    i think the gateway city supporters club already has a good ring and symbol and everything..... but i do like saint louis city sc......

just wondering....how many mls teams dont have or wont have their new stadium in their city?

16. stlknited87

stlknited87 New Member

Oct 1, 2007
    Belleville, IL
    i think that we would have trouble with gateway in that while everyone in st. louis knows it and most in the midwest, it is not as widely known as st.louis. everyone will know where the team is when you say st. louis but not gateway city.
    secondly i like united over city because of how the stadium is collinsville and not downtown st. louis. it just doesnt make as much sense to call it city. united represents how having the stadium in collinisvile unites the metro east with the rest of the st. louis metro area

17. Veruca

Veruca Member

Jul 13, 2005
    Aurora, CO
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ummm... In the US. And I think that City is a name that makes sense when you comparing yourself to a team that's not in the city. So when comparing NYRB to a new team in the city, New York City SC makes a ton of sense.

Otherwise, do you like Los Angeles City SC? And what other city is about to get a second team?

In England it makes a ton of sense.
    Manchester United & Manchester City.
    Aston Villa & Birmingham City.

But less so in the US.

18. Seph

Seph Member

Dec 2, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo., USA
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True. St. Louis City is a definable geographical/political entity that contains fewer than 400,000 of the 2.9 million people in St. Louis. Heck, St. Louis City isn't even in St. Louis County; it's its own political creature. If you say you live or work in "The City," people know what you mean, so you can't call it "City" here if they play on the East Side.