@ St. Etienne (R)

Discussion in 'Olympique de Marseille' started by MetroChile, Dec 18, 2009.

1. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    We visit St. Etienne this Sunday (game live on Setanta).
    It's a must win.
    Discuss!

2. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    85 chances, 45 for Koné, 95% ball possession =

0 goal. Oh my god.

3. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    disappointing considering every team has made off points from ASSE

4. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Agreed. Unbelievable how we could not take advg. of that red card. :mad:

On another note, as much as I have defended Brandao in the past, the guy needs to be dropped to be bench: his form (if it ever was "good") has dipped significantly.

5. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Yes, promote Morientes !

lawl. There is no sub for Brandao. And he was useful against Sté, the only thing that missed was a goal. How many chances Koné has spent ? More than we had in the last 5 matches.

6. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    OM lacks management on the field. i think we have players capable of winning the league but somehow we don't play our cards right and end up losing. i don't think bordeaux has better strikers or lille for that matter. but those teams always manage to score 4 goals. lille has been scoring 4 goals in 3 consecutive games. i think they have proper management on and off field

7. WaterSide

WaterSide New Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Bordeaux
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    We don't and we are first :)

8. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    As much as everyone spews disdain for Ben Arfa, the guy created the best opportunities for otherwise unworthy finishers. Literally, all Brandao needed to do was put any part of his body (except his hands) on that ball and he had Janot beat. I just don't get the problem here. I know that HBA will probably never be our best player but the guy creates opportunities. His play was also much less selfish than usual. Maybe he knew Fergie was watching.

Either way, does any find this season to be more frustrating than usual? I just feel like last years squad, while finishing just short, had a certain spark about them. This one does not. Just very frustrating to watch. I know that there are injuries but MY GOD, find someone who can finish. Is there no one coming up in the youth ranks that can be given a shot? If not, there had better be a good plan for January otherwise I can see L'OM slipping out of the CL spots this season. Serious.