SSC Napoli

Discussion in 'Italy: Southern Clubs' started by Lemieux, Mar 21, 2004.

1. Lemieux

Lemieux Member

Aug 19, 2000
    Baltimore Federal Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was in Naples last summer and became interested in this team. I can't believe they won the scudetto twice with Maradona. While I was touring Pompeii with my friend, I got into an awesome discussion about Maradona with a tour guide. He basically thought Maradona was a god. If only there was a highlight video of Maradona while he was with Napoli. Does anyone know if there is? I would also like to buy an official jersey. (long sleeve XXl)

I know this is a random post but I really can't believe that a team with a stadium that seats 75-80 thousand sucks so bad today. Is there a good english site anyone knows of too? :rolleyes:

2. mosca

mosca Member

Sep 13, 1999
    Honolulu
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You could try http://www.clubnapoli.it/ There is an english version that seems fairly accurate. They used to have an english version of the club history. I'm not sure that it is still up.

As to Napoli's current problems, chalk it up to bad, incompetent, cheap ownership. Fans stay away because they are not satisfied and so the gate revenue suffers.....

3. +Paladin+

+Paladin+ New Member

Apr 13, 2004
    The San Paulo used to be packed full of fans, and even in Serie B the club has had higher attendances than some Serie A clubs. For the most part, the problem for Napoli has been, as mosca stated, in the ownership. Napoli was nearly run into the ground financially by the previous owner, both through mismanagement and through a reluctance to sell the club. If I remember correctly, Napoli finally changed hands a year or two ago, but it does not seem like the new ownership has been successful at all.

4. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    your exactly right...and this yr they've done enough to avoid relegation it seems...but this was the yr to promote with an expanded five (or even six) clubs going up to Serie A....

its a shame, Serie A would be more entertaining with the likes of Napoli, Torino and Fiorentina up..

5. elvesuvio

elvesuvio Member+

Feb 6, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    my, my...how things have changed...hahahaha:D

6. SSC_curva_B

SSC_curva_B Member

Feb 22, 2007
    Montreal
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    lollllllllllllllllllllllllllll Napoli Regna!!!!!