News: SSC Napoli 2019/2020 Champions League Thread

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Ciro Di Marzio, Aug 13, 2019.

1. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Massive win. We dropped in the last 20 minutes due to fitness.

Manolas made one silly mistake but that aside anything Liverpool conceded was because of Insigne. He needs to go.

Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  2. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Ancelotti got the game absolutely right. Taking Insigne off for Zielinski. Overall he got the game spot on. No complaints, we might not like the way we play but the results we get (especially in the champions League) have been amazing

FtCollins repped this.
  3. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    what a game ... happy to have witnessed at San Paolo.
    also insigne is really poor

Salzburg is a dangerous team.Just sayin’...

4. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    It's not a coincidence that Rui's best game last season was also against Liverpool. Don Carlo let him run free on attack in both games. K2 and Manolas were immense. That was a fearsome attack they faced, and I lost count how many times both would make beautiful reads and react correctly to what was going on around them. Allan also saved his best for this match. He was tenacious from start to finish. Fabian had some problems with the press at times, but he found his groove and finished strongly. Our fearless duo of Mertens and Callejon showed passion and grit. Mertens gave those defenders fits all game long.

And then there's Insigne. I'm not sure what he contributes anymore. Just play him when others need a rest.

Retrosword, Sacki, CarecaNapoli and 2 others repped this.
  5. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Not sure if it's lucky or unlucky that we play Genk away from home next and not Salzburg...

6. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Can you guys imagine if Llorente becomes the key to our success this season ?

7. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I've supported Napoli in this competition for years mainly because they play the best football in Italy which has been a theme for a while now.

This was a very good win - however, not to take anything away but we've seen this movie before. Napoli is always good at home in the Champions League and their form early in the season is usually quite high. It tends to be after Christmas when things start falling apart and they drop games - mostly due to lack of depth.

I don't know if Manolas and Lonzano are going to make the difference this year (I doubt it) but if I'm an ardent Napoli supporter I'd literally trade-in Serie A wins if it meant that my squad stays healthy for the long haul.

8. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    I think that if we make the Quarter Finals and come top 3 I'd gladly take that in a heartbeat

FtCollins and RichardBarker repped this.
  9. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i want a trophy.

FtCollins repped this.
  10. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    At the very least we have much more depth.

FtCollins repped this.
  11. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    But not Coppa

12. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    thank you so much. I didnt get to watch too much of the game but I'm happy about the result and Llorente's synergy with the rest - he deserves the knock over milik

13. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    it's time for Insigne to lay off the cigarettes and hit the gym. He started Juventus with an immature decision to shoot and he almost did the exact same for Liverpool not clearing a ball when he and Rui were last men.

Hiring Mino Raoila as well, you ********ing midget piece of shit.
    Imagine if we never had him... Would have been Mertens and Higuain playing in Sarri's first season.
    Plz Ancelotti do what ballless Sarri never dared and bench that little ghetto fool.

No disrespect to Sarri but he could never handle big egos, also what got him in trouble at Chelsea

14. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    #114 RichardBarker, Sep 18, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    He's just back from injury and not 100%. Maybe that's why. I am not defending little prick in this game but it seems any sub-par performance from him is often magnified and criticized, while others in same situation often gets a free pass. Just two Serie-A games ago before his injury, he scored 2 goals and 2 assists against Florentina.

11plavih repped this.
  15. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    #115 RichardBarker, Sep 18, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    I'll rather play him than Milik. Both are slow, but Llorente has better football IQ and positioning.

16. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    Realistically, we still ain't going to win anything but at the very least, I want to see an improvement in the mentality department, that when the going gets tough, we can grit our teeth and pull through and get results, and not throw in the towel like in the past. This is something I feel CA has been working on and hopefully it's finally bearing fruit this season. Sarri never solved the mentality issue we had after trying for 3 seasons.

17. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Maybe I'm too harsh, but Zielinski is a much better option in that formation.

Ciro Di Marzio repped this.
  18. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Although I am not a huge fan of our style (given how we were under Sarri) Ancelotti ALMOST *** always gets his subs right, I also like that he benches the guys who don't perform (like Insigne yesterday) he isn't afraid to trust his bench guys (Elmas and Zielinski coming into a game as tense as yesterday's and playing very well)

19. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I wouldn't mind the Coppa, all clubs in Italy shit on it unless it's their team that wins it. I want to win every trophy that we're involved in

Insigne4BalonD'or and FtCollins repped this.
  20. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well said. Sarri had no balls.

Ancelotti needs to bench that piece of shit who now claims he dis not hire Raiola to go away. No one wants him.

Hope some dumb PL team pays for him and he can ******** off.

Retrosword and Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  21. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Others don’t get 5M, the captain’s armband and a starting sport regardless of performance.

He was worst player 3 games in a row.

Retrosword and Sacki repped this.
  22. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Absolutely. Insigne is useless in 4-4-2

23. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    LET'S JUST WIN THE TREBLE CUZ ******** IT

Ciro Di Marzio repped this.
  24. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    The problem with Insigne is his arrogance on the pitch, losing the ball in critical areas when he should be passing. Insigne always looks for Insigne first, then the team.

I don't mind bad games every now and then, but I can't stand players selling out the team for their own benefits.

Only the best players in the world get to play that style, Insigne is certainly not one of them, far from.

Even the best players in the world don't dribble in critical areas when the team isn't balanced correctly...

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  25. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The worst was the corner where he stood in front of Firminho. Then he walks away and outside the box hoping we win the ball and can pass it to him so he can counter. Obviously ball goes to a completely unmarked Firminho who almost scored.