News: SSC Napoli 2019/2020 Champions League Thread

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Ciro Di Marzio, Aug 13, 2019.

1. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    No killer instinct

2. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Apparently Carlo and ADL have had a massive falling out over the training retreat and Carlo has decided to cancel it by force despite objections from ADL. He also refused to attend the post match press conference. Don't be surprised if Jose Mourinho is our manager by Christmas

3. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I can’t hate Ancelotti but want him gone.

But anyone fighting ADL is an ally.

Players also did not go back to retreat. Refolt against the pimp ADL.

4. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Where do we go from here? Idk if Mourinho will join mid season

5. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    #505 RichardBarker, Nov 5, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    Whoever the coach is, as long as ADL is here, we will not win anything. And Mourinho will not come because like Conte, he need clubs that are willing to spend and invest. We badly needed a striker and all ADL did last transfer window was to sign a washed-up 36 years old to save money and an over-hyped Lozano, while depending on the slowest striker in Serie A, Milik. We are drawing / loosing all the games recently not because we cannot create chances, but because our strikers are bad finishers.

The Manager, players are now in open rebellion with the club management and we can expect CA to resign soon ( which will be joyfully celebrated by the same haters here who have wish for this for a long time ). But the fact is no good coach worth its salt will come to coach Napoli. We will probably get a 3rd rated / no name coach, and descend further into mid-table mediocrity and ADL will cash in on our best players and we re-start from scratch.

CA is of course to be blame also for excessive rotation and not motivating the squad but there are far deeper problems with the club which I don't think can ever be resolve bar an ownership change. Sarri knew this, hence he left. CA is realizing this now also, and I bet he is thinking of leaving as well.

tripwire repped this.
  6. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    BOOM! MUTINY IN NAPLES!

Ancelotti and Napoli players have REJECTED to go on concentration for 5 days as the president had out of nowhere ordered yesterday by radio!

I don't recall anything like that has ever happened at such level in the world football.

You gotta love Serie A

7. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    But it's like everyone here thinks all the other big teams aren't suffering ... Barcelona just fcuking tied Slavia Praha at home, Inter blew a 2-0 lead away from home and look like they're running on fumes. They may get the results now but if reinforcements don't arrive in January they're fcuked.

Even Juventus looks extremely shaky needing dubious decision to go their way in recent games and Liverpool was as well drawing Genk 1-1 at half time today.

All fans of big teams seem extremely disappointed with their squads performances because all leagues are starting to become more balanced. There is no team where you will find the fans 100% love the way everything is going. Even Liverpool fans who are top of the group and league have been complaining a lot about how the team appears to be sleep walking through games.

We aren't playing the way we were under Sarri but if anyone else can find me a coach who has delivered what Sarri delivered for us at Napoli or any club that doesn't spend 100+mil every summer market please post it here.

I'm not talking about a small league coach like Red Bull Salzburg who have absolutely nothing to lose in these games while absolutely destroying their trash leagues. I mean in a top 5 league.

8. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Idk why you are bringing up Sarri, I love him but he’s at Juve now and this means he’s our enemy. This is about the fact that our form in 2019 has been mid table level at best, in both domestic and European competitions. Since the Inter defeat shortly after Christmas, I haven’t seen any sort of improvement, both defensively or offensively. 2 embarrassingly bad displays against a side coached by Unai Emery. Shocking defeats against lower sides on a regular basis. No energy or intensity unless we’ve been backed into a corner and have no way out. You can bring up Barca fans and Liverpool fans complaining but they’ve won league titles/champions leagues in the past 6 months. What can we boast of to suggest Carlo is the right man going forward?

Insigne4BalonD'or and CarecaNapoli repped this.
  9. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We all know the main culprit is ADL. That is not up for debate.

We knew when you don’t spend these things will happen.

We knew why Mazzarri, Benitez and Sarri left. They all felt more is not possible.

But Ancelotti has been here and knows the issues. He gave our transfers a rating of 10 and said no alibis we have to win the league yet after 11 games we are 3 points behind CL spot in 11.

Many are struggling but Inter is 10 points ahead and in a much tougher CL group and you have to compare them to last year.

That with this president this was inevitable was my prediction. It was obvious players would lose motivation. The same happened at Arsenal. Competing for top 4 and mot spending more will fail.

But Ancelotti took a lot of money and managed the decline and that was my main criticism from the start.

Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  10. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ADL does not invest so players get disappointed.

he runs the club like a family business. He announces the retreat on radio. He publicly attacks players (even Hamsik, Albiol, Callejon, Mertens).

It was a matter of time. I am not surprised by the players reaction.

I just don’t know where Ancelotti fits in all of this.

11. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    ADL left this team without any Higuain/Cavani-type assasin from years past. He also left them without a proper midfield to support Fabian's dynamic skill level. Now the team is in regression and rebelling against him. Can you blame them? Insigne, Callejon, and Mertens have unresolved contracts and have taken some verbal diarrhea from tough talking ADL. Others like Zielinski and Milik keep pushing for contracts. This is a mutiny and the players have had enough of ADL and his BS. I suspect Carlos will take the fall, but I truly don't blame the man for everything here. ADL should be ashamed and man up for once in his life and accept responsibility for it.....but he won't.

12. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Because everyone here talks about beautiful football but they are referencing it to Sarri. In the Champions League our form has hardly been mid table under Ancelotti. We are still yet to lose a head to head with any team yet we were unlucky last year, this year we took 4 points off Salzburg and got a 2-0 win over Liverpool. I don't care about Europa League.

I bring up Barca and Liverpool because they're winning due to the insane amounts of money they've spent but their fans don't enjoy their games the same way they used to because they aren't playing as nice (same with us except their owners spend more so they have better players to work with).

What is the alternative to Ancelotti? Unless we are getting one of Pochettino, Sarri, Klopp or Guardiola or Mourinho there is no coach in the world who can turn this around.

The only gamble I'd take is getting Spalletti or Di Francesco but even then I'd rather Ancelotti.

13. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ADL has to go. Egotistical maniac who is holding us back.

This season is easily the most painful season I’ve endured since following the club in 2009. My favourite ever manager managing the scum and sadly doing quite well. Inter who were a million miles behind us not only catching us but surpassing us. Players look dejected and demotivated, the manager is seemingly out of ideas, and the owner is washed up.

I don’t see a light at the end of the tunnel in fact I don’t even know how we’re going to beat Genoa. Thiago Motta licking his lips right now seeing the crisis that’s happening at Napoli.

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  14. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    As Richard pointed out before, there's nobody worth much that will take this team over. You don't think that other managers don't take note of the way Sarri, and now Ancelotti, have been treated by the great ADL? The writing is on the wall, and everyone out there knows this ADL guy is a POS.

15. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Allegri is the only option for us, Spalletti is not good enough to elevate us to Scudetto contention and I’ve never rated Di Francesco

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  16. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I have 5 friends who support Liverpool. They all love how they play.

17. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    For me it is since 1990 so I have seen worse but in the ADL era this is the worse. He has to go.

18. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree to every point. But I will tell you my problem with Ancelotti. I said it from the start.

He deflected all blame from ADL and always said he gets what he wants and the market was a 10.

My conclusion can only be he took this as a retirement package and was happy to be the fall guy for ADL.

Because right now people are attacking Ancelotti or the players. No one speaks of the arrogant pimp.

19. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    I guess agree to disagree. I feel Allegri would be one of the worst case choices and would be worse than watching both what we are seeing right now and the Rafa Benitez era.

20. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    They love how they play when everyone is playing Klopp's way. There has been numerous games this year where their fans have complained about the players looking disinterested. If you don't believe me go look at their forums under their game threads.

I love Klopp I think he'd do amazing here. He's one of only 3-5 coaches I think would do better than Ancelotti (given the team we have and the owner we have)

21. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Again Juve find a way. Today's moment of brilliance provided by Costa.

22. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They were awful today but they know how to win a match. This is the mentality Carlo was supposed to drill into our players.

23. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    It's not only the manger's job. Players have to look in the mirror, and ADL left vital pieces out.

24. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    LOL, just watched MC play keep away for the last 15 mins down to 10 men with their RB playing in net against ATL

25. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    What a finish between Dinamo and Shaktar. Two goals in injury time, with an elbow smash to Shaktar's goalie who was in Dinamo's box, (should have been a straight red), drawing the penalty for the tie.