SS Lazio 1900: 2013-2014

Discussion in 'Lazio' started by squadra_azzurri, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Hopefully Biglia is ready to go for Monday but as you said we were still ok without him. But we did miss his incisiveness at times especially late on when we couldn't break down Juve. If he's unable to go I'd lean towards Ledesma to start vs Roma over Cataldi.

2. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    When Djordovic's shot hit both posts and out, it was then I knew it wouldn't be our night.

Good energy, but we have to be more sharp in attack. Anderson Candreva and Klose relied to heavily on Juve's defensive giveaways. It was as if Allegri and Pioli were a bit hesitant to have an aggressive attack with a lot of numbers moving forward. The top 3 were often outnumbered going forward into Allegri's back defensive formation. It was like running into a wall no matter which way you twist or turned. No room for Candreva or Anderson to dribble into, only square passes or square dribbles were permitted by Juventus' defensive system. Then Juve got a couple fortunate bounces and finished the job. Not saying they dont deserve it, they won fair and square. I just felt the energy we came out with, with the 12th man effect, I wanted that cup.

Hopefully our team is well fit for Monday. This can take a load of stress off if we win. Ironically, I feel confident about this game considering how Lazio and riomass has been playing, but scared if we get the loss.

3. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Guys how bad is biglias injury..?

4. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not very serious.

5. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I hope to God Biglia can play the derby. He has been such an important piece in our 11. He is ahead of his scheduled return, but its still up in the air if he can make it in the Rome Derby.

Pioli letting the team rest. I hope De Vrij Gentiletti are good to go. Radu wont make it so we can expect for Lulic to cover in his position.

Im hopeing for

Marchetti
    Basta DeVrij Gentiletti Lulic
    Biglia Parolo
    Candrevea Mauri Anderson
    Klose

Rob_420 repped this.
  6. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
  7. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Tough loss. riom played defensively hoping for the tie and ending up with the W.

Them winning doesn't discount the fact that their all f@gs.

I dont know why toti didnt get a second yellow for blocking a free kick shot with his arm that was raised above his head. The ref was too scared to send him off probably.

2 playoff rounds to get to UEFA champions league starting with a one game knockout with Napoli. This can be devastating if Napoli win at home.

Sal repped this.
  8. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    A case of not taking our chances. If we had I think we would have won. Roma were playing extremely defensively. I do not think they had an attempt on goal in the first half. They scored with their only shots on target in the whole match. Very dissapointing. We got take our chances. Klose should have scored in the first half. No point complaining about the referee. Lulic could have had a straight red. The referee was just erring on the side of caution. I think we have only ourselves to blame. We dominated the match, failed to take our chances and our opponants scored with their only shots on target.

Now we have to not lose in Naples. Even then we would still have to got through the qualifying stage and meet a very difficult team.

9. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    please no trolling im pretty sure the lazio guys didnt go into the roma section though I dont know for sure....

10. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    cowards safe at home behind their keyboards.

We didnt do it to them when we won the derby of derbies. Classless peasants forever theyll remain

11. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    LOL! This was the best day of their lives.

I am 100 percent sure that the Lazio fans do not go in the Roma section because we have class. Roma is club for scum and universally hated across Italy from North to South.

Sal, Rossonero23 and squadra_azzurri repped this.
  12. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Napoli has no friends either :cry: well maybe Catania and Genoa....

13. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Genoa. Napoli and Genoa fans are friends.

Roma has literally has no one. NO ONE. Every other club hates them. The reason is simply because their fans and their style is truely odious.

14. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    eh lets put it this way that many sets of fans in italy need to improve their conduct.....

15. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah but some can at least sympathise with others. Roma gets no sympathy from anyone. When Lazio won the Coppa Italia against them, Napoli, Inter and Juventus fans were laying into them. Trust me. Go to Italy and no one of any other club likes Roma. No one wants Roma to win.

16. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    No comments on the off side goal? It wasn't even borderline.

17. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Nah. I am not for complaining. I am not even mad. Nothing you can do. We move on.

18. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Tough loss indeed I had to even watch the match at pro Roma bar in Miami since it was the only place I could find the game upon my arrival here.

Roma played the only way they can, defensively and hope to hit on the counter and it worked. The winning goal wasn't offside but the linesman could have easily called it since 4 Roma players were in an offside position though Mapou wasn't. Didn't like the idea to try the offside trap there, very risky.

If we can't gain points against teams in the top half of the table then we don't deserve the CL, one more chance at the San Paolo.

19. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I said "Hi" before the match. :unsure:

Sal repped this.
  20. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    mbing binga was boarderline. I think he was a touch offside but cant blame the linesman for it being so marginal.

im more upset toti didnt get the second yellow. It was a very easy call to make as a ref. What was his arm doing above his head? And it blocked a bullet shot on net. I was surprised it didnt get called.

21. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    Lazio fans are friends with Inter and Real Madrid fans, right?

22. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ultras, yeah. Obviously that does not mean all Lazio fans like Internazionale and Real Madrid though.

23. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    I dislike both squads personally, I much prefer Milan and Barca to those squads, but yes the ultras do have a friendly relationship with those squads.

24. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    I just hope the boys can put the derby behind them seeing Candreva after the derby just showed how much it meant to them, but we still have the advantage. Napoli have been poor as of late and w're still ahead of them. We play well with a lead which is what we have to begin this match so hopefully an early goal to settle the nerves will do wonders. De Vrij needs to contain Higuain and we need to find an answer for Mertens he's Napoli's most dangerous player.

25. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I prefer Real Madrid. I had the pleasure of going to Madrid back when we faced in them in 2001. The Madrid fans were good to us. If I had to support a Spanish team it would be Real Madrid.

They have to put it behind them. This is a all or nothing match. The pressure is on Napoli to score since they have to win. A draw is no good to them. If we start well we can take the sting out of the match and crowd might settle down. I would not be surprised if Higuain asks for a transfer this summer. He has been poor and giving bad vibes to the rest of the team.