SR4's Heir - Welcome Eder Gabriel Militao

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Zidane has not been managing the squad well at all, players will just become worse

yoanaidarov repped this.
  2. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    You have a squad for this very reason. So everyone is ready to go towards end of the season and are ready to contribute.

The absolute mismanagement of this squad is beyond belief. Absolute sham!

The coach is held responsible first and foremost.

The attitude of his sad face yesterday with his starting lineup and in-game management and use of subs still has me foaming.

He's pissed the league away this year with his stubborn ********ing attitude and not wanting to evolve.

Fall on your damn sword.

yoanaidarov repped this.
  3. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Lol this squad is the same one from last year minus Mendy, Militao and Jovic.

Hazard is a non-factor.

The only reason this squad even resembles anything other than shit is because Zidane. The only reason we have Valverde bossing is because of Zidane.

The guy has had major faults this past three weeks and he needs to wake up, but damn you guys are moronic.

Anon. repped this.
  4. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He’s handling a squad that’s exponentially declining with age and with every game. People are expecting him to win things like we did when we had peak Ronaldo, Ramos and Modric, it’s hilarious and ridiculous at the same time.
    We spent 250-300m on a mix of youngsters and an injured player, it is what it is, and it’s not enough sadly.

5. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    They love to ignore that, especially romanticizing over previous achievement. Some think Modric should stay another year.

This is the problem.

Our President is the same way, he wanted to keep everyone and we did. Zidane did his best tp recover them and we actually would have had better results if Benzema didn't turn into horse shit, Jovic could actually play as a solo striker and Hazard actually cared about Madrid.

Anon. repped this.
  6. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    YS be like, "the only way to check whether Jovic can play as a solo striker- sub him for the part time YouTuber French striker for 2' every game"

Hilarious.

7. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #182 Digital, Mar 11, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    All of this might be true, may be the overall picture but, if you are a manager and the squad is declining with age, but, you’ve played some of the so-called “youngsters” and they have proven themselves, why go back to playing the actual players who are declining with age, re Modric ( in the CMK combination) and Marcelo ( players that I love mind you but reality is reality or as you’ve said, it is what it is) when you have players like Mendy and Fede who’ve proven that they belong, I’ve read about “recovering” players, at the business end of the season this should not be the focus , we need the performers, recovering for what now, to use again next season?

what kind of management is that, what are you trying to prove, do you really think young players like Mendy and Fede need all that rest, I don’t “expect” to win anything, the squad is not the best, it’s not the worse either, but I hope, I do expect the manager to make logical decisions though and for me I have been seeing some illogical ones, despite the squad “declining with age” and that’s a fact for me

some think Jovic just isn’t good enough, I think Jovic has not made the best of the chances that he’s been given, I don’t think he’s been integrated well enough ( don’t think the team was set up to play for him but still played like he’d be Benz) or been given enough quality mins, neither here nor there, but then we have a team that is literally struggling to score goals, so what’s the plan for that, I’d like to know, throw in the most unused and forgotten player in the squad Mariano randomly and hope for the best?, what kind of a plan is that?, keep playing Benz regardless?,

if it’s a mad idea to give Jovic more mins to find his form, how long do we give our undisputed experienced starting 9 to find his, or do we just not care and whatever happens happens, doesn’t seem like a plan, personally I like ZZ although I certainly do not like all his decisions , I am happy to have him coach this team again next season, I wouldn’t want to change him as yet, but right now, squad “declining with age” or not, as others have noted, he is making some extremely baffling decisions irrespective of if we are to win trophies or not, he has to change this, I won’t even mention Toni on the bench vs Man City

Prit Javier repped this.
  8. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Literally no one is against this.

People don't want to just give him more minutes they believe he should be the untouchable starter. Without earning it. That is asinine.

In a perfect world Jovic is the killer who scores a ton from subs and benches Benzema's poor playing ass.

However in reality, Jovic has been even worse.

Anon. repped this.
  9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nobody is calling for him to be an untouchable starter but him being included in the squad list is what's going on now and it's absolutely ridiculous.

He should be getting more run outs for 30 minutes, especially since everybody can see that Benzema lately completely disappears from games. A substitution is treated like a major psychological blow by everybody at this club, players react to substitutions as if they're getting assaulted.

Digital, MaxY, Eddie and 2 others repped this.
  10. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Did you miss the posts where they say he should start like four straight matches and if not we shouldn't expect anything?

Weren't you one who said he didn't even get 90 minutes in starts implying he couldn't reach productivity unless playing lionshare?

No one is arguing against him getting in the teamsheet or hin getting more sub minutes. I have supported this from the beginning. My only stance was he needs to do more to force things.

11. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If Benzema can get 10-12 games without scoring and while playing like total crap, there's nothing wrong with Jovic playing 3-4 games in a row.

It astounds me that you simply can't accept the fact that Zidane failed with Jovic.

Lyra repped this.
  12. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    It astounds me you simply can't see Jovic failed Zidane as well.

They failed each other.

You guys embrace a victim mentality then project it on to your favorite players so whatever.

13. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No, a player in his first season at the club with garbage minutes here and there didn't fail anyone. This is all on Zidane.

Prit Javier repped this.
  14. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    He played the entire month of January pretty consistently and didn't score a goal.

I guess Zidane should also score them for him as well?

It's pathetic how you guys can't even phantom Jovic shares responsibility. You guys are just as extreme as you accuse Zidane of being.

15. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Doesn't help when players playing behind him totally ignore him and don't feed the obvious balls.

Prit Javier repped this.
  16. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Ah, so now the players are part of the conspiracy. :ROFLMAO:

17. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    pathetic is how you bring this as an argument again and again.
    there were 7 matches in all competitions in January.
    2 matches in the stupid and meaningless supercopa, he played 83 minutes in each game. 2 la liga games, combined 62 minutes, and 2 CDR games, combined 88 minutes.
    that's your sample for failure of Jovic.

in an ideal world, both benz and Jovic would play together, but the way Benzema is playing now, forget about his goal stats, its more about his positioning, he should be benched.
    if the forward that replace him in the line up is doing great, and I really don't care who that person is, I don't mind benz sitting out the rest of the season.

18. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Defies the whole point of having a squad of 24 players, as part of the squad you should buy into what the coach himself is always repeating, that every member is important, that no one is above or before anyone, and that all players are the same and just need to be ready to play when called upon, then again, some of his actions don’t particularly reflect these lofty notions so .........

19. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Yeah but egos...

20. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not exactly a promising start to his Madrid career, but I’m optimistic about Militao. Even if he hasn’t gotten the results, he shows plenty ability every time he plays. Tackles, pace, strength

Plenty of things to improve upon, but with more acclimation I’m confident he can be a top CB.

Anon., Lyra and natenate101 repped this.
  21. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He seems more than fine to me. Think of any young CB coming into a team like Madrid who’s never known to have a tight defensive structure. Vets like Cannavaro, Heinze, Metzelder, Albiol all struggled. I’ve actually been impressed by what he has done in limited minutes. Think he’ll be a Pepe-like steal when it’s all said and done.

Ssr9, Bear Crotch, RaMaaa and 2 others repped this.
  22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Struggled is actually being kind to them in some cases. :D

I think Militao has done well so far. Pepe was a huge success, also because up until then most CB transfers we've made post Hierro have been complete disasters, but i don't see why Militao couldn't be succesful long term in Madrid.

23. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Pepe was a monster, i miss him.

Ssr9 and RMSocrates repped this.
  24. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US