SR4's Heir - Welcome Eder Gabriel Militao

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Mar 14, 2019.

1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    To be fair a difference with Jovic was the added pressure from the national team for example where he was constantly told he won't be considered if he doesn't play, etc.

It's always easy to say all players should sit and wait for an opportunity but they are all in different timelines of their career when viewed from a wide perspective.

Deep Pal and benny_madridista repped this.
  2. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Fair enough but i'd be surprised if anyone at Madrid told Jovic he'd be playing regularly when we already have Benz, how much mins are enough mins to satisfy whatever criteria the national team has/had for him, and who gets to decide this

These are things i imagine you have to think through as a player before deciding to come to a club like Madrid with players like Benz, Sergio, Luka, Toni, Rafa already there and playing at a high level,

I don't think any guns are held to heads, on the contrary young players want to get to these clubs to, win trophies, make money, play with the best, so, unless you are a superstar or generational talent gotta make sure you make the right decisions re your career i would think

3. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Militao should be a starter CB for us next season. I’m so over Ramos and Varane.

4. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm a big fan of Eder,i certainly would not mind him starting, but why are you "so over Ramos and Varane" a part of our team that actually functions well, just to see someone new?, our biggest issue remains our lack of goals

5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Varane was below par last season. Anyways, he's leaving (don't think he's accepting 7.5 ME nett offer) and Militao has earned his spot as undisputed starter. He's the best CB at the club right now. Ramos might start based on reputation though Nacho should be ahead.

Anon. repped this.
  6. benny_madridista

Real Madrid
    Nov 30, 2020
    With the potential that he's shown in recent months he should be able to make that RCB spot his for the next 5-10 years.
    I really like that he's been putting in great performances with his national team as well.

7. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Eder Militao vs peru

96 minutes played
    1 clearance
    2 duels won
    1 interception
    68 touches
    60 accurate passes
    95.2 pass accuracy
    1 successful dribble completed

4 games. 0 goals conceded.

MiamiNative0722 and Drouchk repped this.
  8. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thiago Silva played for the first time in this break last night as well.

Militao has started and excelled in every game so far for Brazil. However, Tite might still lean on Thiago Silva and Marquinhos going forward. Hopefully he keeps playing our guy

Lyra repped this.
  9. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    It would be really unfair to leave Militao on the bench as the next season starts. Dude earned his starting spot IMO.

BjornH, Lyra, Saeta Rubia and 1 other person repped this.
  10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    True. Wouldn't make any sense to bench Militao to have a Alaba-Varane pairing. Think we will sell Varane and look for a 4th choice CB. Alaba - Militao as starters and Nacho as 3rd CB.

11. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    We’ve got a gem with Militao. We need to look after him. First choice CB now for me.

12. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Digital, Ahmadi8, PigBenis and 3 others repped this.
  13. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Militao has been showing some excellent set piece ability.

This header is so impressive. It’s a great ball whipped in, but the way Militao is able to completely change its direction to the opposite post and with such power is quality. The keeper had no chance.

14. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Marquinhos: "Militao is impressive"

"He's impressive. He's comfortable. I'm happy because it's important to have high-quality players in our team,"

"Éder is super comfortable, we talk a lot and I try to transmit as much as possible so that he feels comfortable; and every time he is feeling more comfortable"

He also pointed out that seeing the Madrid defender score his first goal with the National Team is "sensational . Scoring a goal is very good and defending and doing a good job behind, too; so I'm very happy for him and for all those who played today"

https://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2021/06/28/60da3a71268e3ec9198b4645.html

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  15. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    France were wishing Eder was born in France hours ago lol.

Varane, Kimbempe, Rabiot and Turtle backline.... oh my!

16. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don’t know, earlier in our season, especially after Shaktar lots of fans couldn’t wait to see the back of Eder, in the end there is no perfection, just a reasonable expectation of consistency at a relatively high level, mistakes will happen no matter who, no two ways about that, the overall record will be key, we all understand that, Eder is just getting started and looking good, I hope for a long positive future for him with us, just like recently Sergio, Pepe and yes Rafa

Deep Pal, RMSocrates and Drouchk repped this.
  17. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thiago Silva: "I am certain that now, with the departure of Ramos, Militao will become one of the pillars of Real Madrid"

Deep Pal and Lyra repped this.
  18. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    What a signing he has been. Came in and didn't expect anything handed to him. Just was part of the crew, learned and when he got his big moment he took it with both hands.

Militao had his struggles as well. Just stayed in there. You can just tell the guy has strong character.

Deep Pal, J-Mezzy, MerlinRM and 4 others repped this.
  19. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Could be captain one day.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  20. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    1417418362716622848 is not a valid tweet id

He’s made it

Deep Pal, RMSocrates, Lyra and 5 others repped this.
  21. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Militao is destined for greatness

22. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ImadEdd repped this.
  23. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Deep Pal repped this.
  24. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It’s amazing how Militao has panned out. We have found a starting centerback for the next decade. He has quickly become a pillar of this team

Deep Pal, PigBenis, Digital and 3 others repped this.
  25. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The club believed in him and he was patient knowing his time would come but that he was behind an established high level pair, now his time has come and he is performing well, which is good for the team and good for us the fans, a nice calm flawless transition, i like it, not too much drama, was skeptical about both our starting CB's leaving at the same time but it has worked out relatively well so far

RMSocrates, Drouchk, Deep Pal and 4 others repped this.