squad finalized for the season

Discussion in 'West Ham United' started by harkes6, Sep 1, 2010.

1. harkes6

harkes6 Member

Apr 24, 2007
    san francisco
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    please, hold your applause till the end...

Goalkeepers: Rob Green (1), Ruud Boffin (tbc).

Defenders: Winston Reid (2), Tal Ben Haim (3), Danny Gabbidon (4), Matthew Upson (15), Jonathan Spector (18), Manuel Da Costa (22), Herita Ilunga (23), Lars Jacobsen (tbc).

Midfielders: Kieron Dyer (7), Scott Parker (8), Jack Collison (10), Thomas Hitzlsperger (11), Luis Boa Morte (13), Radoslav Kovac (14), Mark Noble (16), Julien Faubert (20), Valon Behrami (21).

Forwards: Carlton Cole (9), Pablo Barrera (12), Benni McCarthy (17), Zavon Hines (26), Frederic Piquionne (30), Victor Obinna(tbc)

first of all, it's worrying that we only have 2 keepers...wouldn't you think we'd want 3? green has looked a little jaded of late and his back up has never even gotten a game in. i'm also led to believe that junior players can be used and don't count against the squad numbers, which may be why...

i know nothing about this jacobson fellow, but we do have a bit of versatility in the back line. it has, actually, been shored up. ben haim was massive for me in a short lived run as manager of the israeli national team in football manager. we made the world cup. he saw red in our deciding group game. a portent, surely

as for midfield, dyer has looked halfway decent thus far. if he can stay on the field maybe he can get near the form that he once displayed. hopefully collison will continue to improve. i feel like noble is at the end of his development. maybe too faubert will flourish in a more natural role. hey-- this is the guy that real madrid drooled all over. hence, he's practically ronaldo.

forwards wise...what is there to say? we have a guy who can't score, two wingers, a guy closer to obesity (or there) than game fitness and two other little proven/unproven players.

'bubbles' will take on sweet irony in the fizzypop league

2. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We can make changes in January, correct?

Lie to me if you have to.

3. harkes6

harkes6 Member

Apr 24, 2007
    san francisco
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    just read a run down of everything. we can make unlimited changes from january 1-february 1. any u-21 player does not have to be registered and counts as a home grown. we do have a couple youngsters who i forgot about, like
    tomkins stanislas, nouble and sears are obvious ones to circle on that list...i think/hope some other ones will pop up from that group this season as well.

how good is marek stech? he's a keeper with an unfortunate last name.

4. WestHamUtdFC

WestHamUtdFC Member

Aug 15, 2007
    St. Louis
    Club:
    West Ham United FC

you answered you own question there though... stech is the third keeper, there would be no point in having three keepers where one of them isnt u-21... i like the signing of the Dane and i cant wait for der hammer to be in form, he will sure up the midfield alot

up top is still scary none have shown any creative runs, touch, or ability to get a shot on goal... its as if we arent quite sure we're supposed to put the ball in the rectangular shaped thing with a net so sharply draped over it

however this team is not as bad as they have played, but we can only say that for long until they are as bad as they play

5. Bangingfeet

Bangingfeet Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    again

6. norwaytips

norwaytips Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Oslo, Norway
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We have 3 keepers. the other one is under 21. I think that we have a much better squad than last year.
    I know that it's tough and we cannnot do it all in one go, but I reckon we'll be alright. Give them 15-20 games before we all start moaning, eh?
    Not the best squad in the PL, but we won't go into administration and that's a blessing.