SQUAD Barometer - Goalkeepers

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by BorisG, Jul 4, 2017.

?

GoalKeepr - Select max 3

Poll closed Jul 4, 2018.
  1. Neuer

26 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Ter Stegen

24 vote(s)
    92.3%
  3. Trapp

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. LENO

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. Pollersbeck

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Odysseas Vlachodimos with another clean sheet for his 10th of the season. Only 2 away from being #1.
    he's only conceded 1 goal in the last 6 games!!!

Felix Wiedwald in the Championship kept his 12th clean sheet of the season. Which puts him at #6 n the Championship clean sheet. Interesting to note that Wiedwald has played 7 games less than all the guys between #1-5, which means had he played as many games as them he could have been much higher than #6.

2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Trapp keeps a clean sheet in the French Cup in a 3-0 win.

3. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Still no news on Neuer come back

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I believe we may get an update mid-March.

BorisG repped this.
  5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Germany assistant coach Thomas Schneider has said he is optimistic that Manuel Neuer will return to full fitness for the World Cup.

In mid-February he went to Thailand to continue his recovery, and has although he has since returned to Germany he has yet to resume training.

Schneider, speaking at a World Cup workshop in Russia, said Germany would keep the door open for Neuer until the last minute, adding that he did not have to play in their friendlies against Spain and Brazil this month.

"Looking to the World Cup, we are confident," Schneider said. "If Manu's fit, he's the best keeper in the world.

"Those matches [against Spain and Brazil] will be in four weeks. That won't work."

Speaking to Bayern's club TV channel, CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said he was confident Neuer would be back to full fitness within the next couple of weeks.

"He's on a very good path, looks mentally strong," he said. "We are all optimistic that he can play for Bayern again this season, and then nothing would stand in the way of his appearance at the World Cup."

Should Neuer suffer a setback, Barcelona keeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen is likely be favourite to replace the captain in goal for the World Cup holders.

"Marc has played a sensational Confed Cup, and he's also improved at Barcelona and played unbelievably strong games there," Schneider said.

"He's established himself with the national team. He is world class. We don't have any problems in the keeper position."
    http://www.espn.co.uk/football/baye...ident-over-manuel-neuer-fitness-for-world-cup

BorisG repped this.
  6. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm not really worried about the keeper position unless MaTS suffers an injury.

7. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #107 BorisG, Mar 1, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    Yeahh but every World Cup winning team also always had a goalie that pulled out those 1 or 2 world class saves that contributed to them winning the trophy
    Barthez
    Buffon
    Cassilas
    Neuer
    Just to mention a few

8. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You don't think ter Stegen can pull that off? He's been sensational for Barcelona this season.

9. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    To be honest I have not seen many games of Barcelona . I however read a few places that he actually had a very good season , and must give him more credit then I do. I mean he is Barcelona and currently German goalkeeper - two of the best teams around .

If Neuer is not fit and in form then he should definitely play .

And maybe he becomes another great goalie tht goes down in the books of legends .

Ger90 repped this.
  10. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I had a difficult time believing he could do it given his poor start as NT keeper. For a while we never won a match with him as keeper, and he was making big mistakes.

BorisG and Ger90 repped this.
  11. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The problem is not ter Stegen. The problem is Neuer if fit but not in form. Then we have a big liability between the posts that easily could cost us. Just think of a slightly slower Neuer rushing for the ball and producing a "CL-final Lehmann" moment. That is the problem. And maybe I am too critical but I can't see Löw, Schneider and Köpke making this crucial decision against Neuer even if they know that he's way off his best, at least not as good as ter Stegen. I just can't see that.

BorisG repped this.
  12. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes I agree with you , so I really hope he gets some playing time in before the wc starts . Would be nice if he can play all the April games and one or two CL games juts to check if he has got that last split second sharpness back .

If not I would also rather prefer Ter Stegen .

It could be those two or three vital saves that could win us the WC mhhh goalie position is very important .

13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    as posted in the youth thread.

14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Florian Muller
    -1st 1BL game check
    -saves a PK check
    -keeps a clean sheet check

:D

BorisG repped this.
  16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Karius kept his 5th clean sheet this season in a 2-0 win.

17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ter Stegen with his 16th clean sheet of the season. Massive one as Barca beat Atletico Madrid 1-0.

meanwhile bottom of the Eredivisie, Jannik Huth hangs on for the 2-1 win, massive for Sparta.

18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    and Karius keeps his 5th clean sheet of the season in CL in a 0-0 draw vs Porto.

20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I guess add another 90 to make it 720 minutes played.
    8 games played with 5 clean sheets while conceding 6 goals.

today's game was also his 3rd consecutive CL clean sheet.

at this rate, Karius could force his way to 3rd keeper at the WC.
    seems to be between Leno, Trapp, Karius, Ulreich for choices.

from that what goes against Trapp isn't that he's the back up/rotational keeper at PSG. Against Leno is that he doesn't play any Europe. Ulreich is just between the post until Neuer is back. Karius as of now seems to have no issues.

21. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kari's has zero chance...he will not even make the 30 man squad

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    who says he has 0 chances? Andreas Kopke, NT' keeper's coach mentioned him, Horn, and Fahrmann as being in consideration for the NT and that was at the beginning of the season.

he's cemented himself as Liverpool's #1, getting better and better and playing in CL and for a top club. Not like keeper #3 will play any games anyways.

what has Trapp done except for being a rotational keeper? Only other guy left is Leno.

Otherwise you start having to consider keepers that have never played for the NT. Like Karius, Ulreich, Horn, Fahrmann.

Heck Low even brought up Ulreich at some point not long ago.

23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ter Stegen with his 17th clean sheet of the season

meanwhile in the Eredivisie.
    -Jannik Huth had his 2nd clean sheet of the season for the team that used to be at the bottom of the league when he joined. Now only 5 pts away from avoiding relegation or playoffs.
    -Timon Wellenreuther come on the 2nd half for Willem II where he kept a clean sheet for 45 minutes as they played vs top of the Eredivisie PSV which got trashed by Willem II 5-0.

Karius concedes 2 vs Man U and both goals are identical. Long kick from De Gea exposes the Liverpool defense add to that some defensive blunders to that and you get 2 Rashford goals, lol. Not much Karius could do.

24. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Still no news on Neuer ..... rrrrrrr

25. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The latest news is that Jupp Heynckes expects him to return to team training in April.