Squad Barometer - Forwards Select 2

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by BorisG, Jul 5, 2017.

?

Forwards - Select 2

Poll closed Jul 5, 2018.
  1. Werner

29 vote(s)
    93.5%
  2. Stindl

9 vote(s)
    29.0%
  3. Gomez

13 vote(s)
    41.9%
  4. Wagner

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  5. Kruse

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  6. Volland

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  7. Selke

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  8. Platte

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  2. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Does Germany have any >? Volland and Stindl? Is that it?

3. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Max Kruse could definitely do a job.

Looking at younger options, Nmecha, Berisha and Burkardt all have good potential and should all play BL or another strong league next season. Beyond that maybe Serra and/or Kruger at Bielefeld will perform in the BL next season. Beier will hopefully get more chances at Hoffenheim. Moukoko might explode but doubt he’ll be ready for the NT yet.

At this point Stindl and Volland seem the most likely choices.

Ger90 and BorisG repped this.
  4. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Would be nice to see if Burkardt, Serra and Krueger can score at least 5-7 goals for this upcoming season. Similar objective for Nmecha if he finalizes a move to a Buli club like Leipzig. While getting 10+ goals would be really good to see if some of the youngsters can get that.

Curious to see how Moukoko will do in a full season and being a year older. Also looking to see where Berisha ends up. Some lukewarm rumours earlier mentioned Serie A but the news seems to have cooled down for now.

Ger90 repped this.
  5. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Burkardt is fast, can dribble and score goals…I felt he is more suited as winger than center forward

Ger90 repped this.
  6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #1756 Ger90, Jul 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
    Mainz coach said that
    Burkardt=primarly a CF and who prefers CF and who alternatively play on the wing. Also playable in AM and 2 CF formation which might be best for him.

aka can play all attacking positions.

end of day, Burkardt plays W for U21 since Kuntz was playing CFs in W. Berisha constantly playing LW when he's more CF/AM. For awhile Nmecha in qualifiers was playing RW too.

reason Kuntz plays CF for W is due to lack of 98-99 AM/W players. His preferred Hack and Maina=always injured. Fuhrich had a hit 2BL season and could end up in 1BL this Summer according to media and Goller who did well in 2BL and has 1BL potential were never considered.

Alex C and BorisG repped this.
  7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Honestly I'm very wary of whole
    -trained CF for years is W at pro
    -trained W for years is wingback/fullback at pro and a lot struggle in neverending back and forth and defending

how the ******** does Germany dev CFs or W if they change position at pros?

and no CF doesn't equal big and physical and that's it. CF is just putting ball in back of net. Tons of CFs are 170s-early 180s in height.

Headers also more about timing, movement and positioning over size. Klose was heading master and not tallest player around.

Burkardt scored fantastic winning heading goal vs Dortmund in 2019-2020 season which saved Mainz from relegation too.

8. AdiD

AdiD Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    It Will get real interesting of Moukoko do like 8-10 goals next season which shoud not be unrealistic with last season in mind

Ger90 repped this.
  9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    for anyone thinking Moukoko will dev into W.
    Adam Hlozek was in the spotlight, but he is seen as a striker and would likely block Youssoufa Moukoko's development. [Ruhr Nachrichten]

10. Aderthan

Aderthan Member+

Schwarz weiss essen
    Germany
    Nov 17, 2020
    Would be great if Moukoko grow a lil bit taller, he's still in that age range.

Ger90 repped this.
  11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    for longest time was listed at 1.74m than this past season Dortmund officially confirmed he's 1.79m. Eto'o was 1.8 for one.

BorisG and Aderthan repped this.
  12. AdiD

AdiD Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Hard to see him grow more than an inch. Maybe he can become a Gert Müller 2.0

Ger90 repped this.
  13. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol, if he goes there. Why go to another low level league? Would just be another Waldschmidt who had 1BL and Serie A interest but goes to Portugal....

Nmecha is reported to want to 1BL though.

15. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Gotta say that the support system among the Bundesliga structure for nurturing young German strikers (or young players in general) from abroad and domestically between different clubs remains pretty weak. Especially compared to other countries like Spain and Italy where they appear to do more in terms of offering cooperative transfers from small to big club opportunities, and providing safety nets if someone flops or falls off track in development.

While German clubs have increasingly lost that sense of patience and tend to abandon youth players which leaves them to possibly do their development elsewhere abroad. Such as Demirovic, Czyborra, Chabot, Janelt, etc.

Looking at Krueger and Serra and how it was mainly Bielefeld who were serious enough in 1BL to bring them in permanently. The window between 1 and 2BL transfers for youngsters seem to be narrowing more than before. I was indifferent last season but do hope they can hold on for at least another year now seeing who've they brought in now. While Bochum and Fuerth do look like early candidates for being yoyo clubs back down to 2BL anyways.

With the recent moves in the Buli and Andre Silva moving to Leipzig, I just hope Ache is able to stay healthy for most of the season and make some solid progress. Haven't hard much able Berisha in a while but curious if Frankfurt make any attempts at signing him with the new position opening. I am disappointed that no Buli clubs have expressed any serious interest in him yet though, mostly only mentions of Serie A.

Blueberry_night repped this.
  16. Aderthan

Aderthan Member+

Schwarz weiss essen
    Germany
    Nov 17, 2020
  17. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  18. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #1768 Alex C, Jul 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
    So it’s starting to look a lot healthier in terms of numbers of German CF’s playing/breaking through at a good level.

In the BL there is

Dortmund: Moukoko,Tigges
    Wolfsburg: Ginzcek, Philipp, Nmecha (rumoured)
    Frankfurt: Ache
    Leverkusen: Gedikli
    Union: Kruse, Teuchert, Behrens
    Gladbach: Stindl
    Freiburg: Höler, Schade
    Hoffenheim: Beier
    Mainz: Burkardt
    Augsburg: Niederlechner
    Hertha: Selke
    Bielefeld: Klos, Serra, Kruger, S. Müller
    Köln: Uth
    Bochum: Zoller, Hartwig
    Fürth: Kehr, Ngankam

Other top leagues

Chelsea: Werner
    Monaco: Volland
    Salzburg: Berisha, Adeyemi
    Benfica: Waldschmidt

Ger90 and PierreLittbarski repped this.
  19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Some comments on post
    -we have to see at Augsburg Malone could breakthrough
    -S.Muller/Hartwig could still be loan candidates. Wait and see
    -Herrmann playing in Belgium which is 8th league in Europe

Would Add
    Breakthrough/Potential for 1 to a few caps.
    -Hertha loaned out Ngankam and looks to dump Redan. That could open door for 02 CF Winkler (1 1BL cap) and 04 CF Hadziavdic (2022 contract and Monaco and Serie A knocking). Club also has Tekin, Wollschlager and Rolke too.
    -Schmidt at Mainz, Diehl and Schmid at Koln, Copado at Bayern, Barata at Gladbach, Busch at Wolfsburg, Sanogo at Union, Wagner at Stuttgart, Pejcinovic at Augsburg could maybe get few pro caps too.
    -Question marks on Lemperle at Koln is being likened to Ronaldo and can play all attacking position.Has more chances for game time at W as he would only be 3rd or 4th CF option for club who mostly play 1 uptop.

For 2BL
    on 2BL loan, so could pop up in 1BL in 2022.
    Borkowski, Arp

Let's see how they do in 2BL.
    Matanovic, Woltemade, Dinkci, Gudra, Shuranov, Besong, Awuku, D.Otto, Pieringer,Lobinger, Daferner, Lauberbach, Wintzheimer, Meissner, Caliskaner, Batmaz, Konigsdorffer (mostly W these days but has played CF in 2BL too)

Potential breakthrough aka few games
    Pakia/Sohn, Sausen, Kojic/Topp, Martens, Llugiqi, Elsner

Unknown future
    J.Eggestein, Harres/Gollnack (staying or loan, loan more likely), Musel

PierreLittbarski and Alex C repped this.
  20. PierreLittbarski

1. FC Köln
    Germany
    Sep 9, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hope most of those develop best of the need that tall striker man, we had never looked the same since Klose left, Gomez was good but had his own problems as well hopefully Youssoufa Moukoko has less injuries grow up well .

Also Moukoko won't be a direct starter yet. Ideally, we will play with Haaland and i think they are signing a Dutch CF/Wing hybrid in Malen as who will be CF/strikers and Moukoko would be the backup this season. If you Looking at Lewandowski and other top strikers, Haaland would want to play every single game so Moukoko will have to play most games at SS/Wing for now ,He will only play CF if Haaland needs or rest who if Malen struggles.

Back to the CF options I remember we only took Klose as the only real CF with Mario Götze starting most game as a False 9 and Thomas Müller , with André Schürrle, Mesut Özil filling in on the wing and interchanging with the False number 9 .

And Werners performances have been off since the Chelsea move and he's never been good for NT, No logical manager or club that had watched Werner play one game for Leipzig or Germany could look at him and say ‘yes, a proper centre forward who is adaptable and dynamic’. Hope he proves me wrong about becomes a very good wide forward because that is his celling. Hey i don't dislike Werner i would even start him at LW due to Werners workrate over Sane if Sane does not fix up. And if Gnabry ,Jamal Musiala: happen to be off form and unfit as well, Lets not forget about Florian Wirtz. Lots of options on the wing.

Anyways Havertz will probably be the Germany NT starting CF leadiing to the World Cup unless the other German forwards have a great season Havertz is so reliant on combination play to create anything , he has to play as CF if we're going to serious next season . He also is better as reading space rather than creating it with the ball at his feet. He is also very good in the air. Just lacks a bit a strength and physically for now, against the very big Center backs.

Alex C repped this.
  21. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree Havertz will be the most likely choice as a false 9 for the NT, but it seems Chelsea want to sign a top CF, if they do I expect Havertz to be used deeper.

Werner is going to need to step his game up next season, he did a lot of things well last season in terms of his off the ball movement and assists, but if his finishing doesn’t improve it wouldn’t shock me if he gets benched at Chelsea. The competition for places is strong there.

PierreLittbarski repped this.
  22. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I forgot about Herrmann, would be good if he can get some goals in the Belgian league next season, he needs to make career progress.

Malone is a good call he seems to be impressing in pre-season, with 5 subs continuing he like others could get some more chances of first team minutes.

Lemperle Ronaldo comparisons interesting, he is 1.87m so has good height as well, maybe he can develop his aerial/finishing game in a similar way.

I really hope J Eggestein gets out of Bremen, ideally to BL after a good season at LASK inc in EL where he scored v Spurs.

As you say there are a ton of interesting prospects to keep an eye on, hard to keep track of so many lol. A lot in 2BL too, I’m especially interested to see how Arp, Borkowski, Matanovic and Woltemade do.

Can only be healthy to see so many potential options, the deeper the pool of CF’s the better chance of developing some that are NT level.

Ger90 and PierreLittbarski repped this.
  23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Herrmann looks to have full package in tow just need playing time at high level and efficiency. I blame covid for killing off a year for his career.

Malone, Augsburg thinks is 1BL material prior to his 3rd Liga loan. On his loan was one of 3rd Liga top scorers. As for preseason,he almost scored winning goal today vs Azerbaijan club who will play Europe this season. Malone either gets integrated or loan. Any loan needs to be higher than 3rd Liga, although Augsburg loves 3rd Liga loaning.

J.Eggestein keeps showing loyalty to a club who gives 0 shit about him. Time to move on. I hope he goes upward too.

You should add Dinkci and Shuranov to your 2BL list to watch out for.

if 2 Germans are currently getting that Ronaldo comparisons its Lemperle at Koln and Kabadayi at Bayern. Both can play all attacking position, both have physique, height, speed, dribbling, pressing, combination play etc to arsenal.

I believe that Lemperle has scored headers, volleys, tap ins etc. Always looking for teammates as he assists a lot. A Lot of people think Lemperle has a HIGH ceiling/potential too. Time will tell.

Kabadayi was tutored by Klose for 2 years and supposedly rates him highly.
    Kabadayi even trying to look like young Ronaldo with 2 diamond shaped earrings, LOL. Even Kabadayi's stance is very Ronaldo like too.:ROFLMAO:

Alex C repped this.
  24. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dinkci yes absolutely have seen a lot of positive stuff about him (providing he doesn’t get poached by Turkey lol) same goes for Shuranov, was called up for DFB u19 but has mainly played Ukraine at youth level. Does he prefer DFB now?

Ger90 repped this.
  25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dinkci prefers DFB, moment DFB called jumped and played for us. Kuntz would be an idiot if he doesn't call him up for next U21 cycle.

as for Shuranov looks to have gotten German passport in 2021 (looks like a Thiaw, Kabadayi etc, born and raised in Germany but no papers until 2020 or 2021) and also prefers DFB.

He was born in Bamberg and lives in Nuremberg. But he speaks Russian at home and his parents are from Ukraine. Erik Shuranov's (19) heart beats for two nations. But he has now made a decision. Instead of playing for the Ukrainian U-teams as before, the striker will play for the DFB youngsters in the future.

Shuranov to BILD: “I have now decided on the German national youth team. I don't know what will come later. I just want to try myself out and see what is best for my development. "

Alex C repped this.