Squad Barometer - Forwards Select 2

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by BorisG, Jul 5, 2017.

?

Forwards - Select 2

Poll closed Jul 5, 2018.
  1. Werner

29 vote(s)
    93.5%
  2. Stindl

9 vote(s)
    29.0%
  3. Gomez

13 vote(s)
    41.9%
  4. Wagner

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  5. Kruse

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  6. Volland

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  7. Selke

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  8. Platte

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    #26 Epitome990, Oct 21, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    If Uth is able to score between 12-15 goals in the Bundesliga this season then I think he has made a pretty solid case for himself as a future option for Jogi. Along with Davie Selke.

But most likely for post 2018. Right now the hierarchy going into the WC still looks like 1) Werner, 2) Wagner/Gomez, 3) Stindl.

BorisG and Ger90 repped this.
  2. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    I'm not expecting any miracles because of his past history with injuries but it looks like Ginczek is back again for Stuttgart. And even had a start for them several match days ago.

With Terodde not looking like an adequate scorer at the first division level, I wonder if Ginczek (with some luck) can work his way back to being a regular again. Which is something he's shown capable of in the past.

Ger90 repped this.
  3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Terodde is one of those players were the evidence is there, he's 2nd Bundesliga level caliber player. There are plenty of players were 1st division does not suit them. He'll be 30 this season and struggles in 1st.

I hope that Teuchert and Ducksch if they make it to 1st next season that they can do decently, they still have age on their side.

Epitome990 repped this.
  4. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Kutschke on Ingolstadt is another player similar to Terodde. They're good enough to help you reach promotion. But not enough to keep you there.

I think mid-20's is the cut off point which will dictate whether a 2BL player can make it in the first division. Kruse spent time with St. Pauli when he was younger and he made the jump. Uth played in the Eredivisie which om average is somewhere between mid-table 1BL and 2BL. Both of them were like 23 or 24 years when they transitioned upward.

Niederlechner is probably borderline at around mid-20's and he's a decent but limited striker in 1BL. Füllkrug just made the jump. I think he can be the same level as Niederlechner at least and maybe better, but not international quality. If Ducksch and Teuchert make the move promptly and to a club with food environment then they can develop well.

BorisG and Ger90 repped this.
  5. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    An extreme long-shot, but just for fun since this is the forwards thread afterall. There's a 23 year old player on 3.Liga side SC Paderborn named Dennis Srbeny who has 7 goals and 8 assists in 12 matches this season. Maybe the next Niederlechner if he keeps things up at this rate? lol ;)

Ger90 repped this.
  6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    one player that I find perplexing in terms of trying to rate is Petersen. Whether he should be categorized as 1st or 2nd division. He seems to do well in either league, he`s also the record Bundesliga King of sub scorers. I think he has like 20+ goals from the bench lol. Already scored 3 in 10 in all competition this season. He scored in 2 out of the 3 games he started and every other game he was from the bench.

He also has 2 1st division seasons where he scored double digits including last season and another where he topped out at 9. Of course he`s not NT caliber. Just find him a weird case.

7. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    I would consider Petersen to be 1BL level as he's good enough to get you on average more or less 10 goals a season. Although he's an old school style poacher. He needs service from supporting teammates in order to be effective. Which is why he played well last season with Philipp and Grifo. He plays better in a system which has active wide players whether it's from fullback or wingers.

Ger90 repped this.
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    you reminded me of the problem of both Freiburg and Hoff this season, more for Freiburg. Key players leaving this season.The loss of Grifo and Philipp was a huge blow. One reason why they are in the relegation battle and why they flopped in Europe.

well one thing is for sure, I still haven't forgiven Petersen for missing his penalty kick vs Brazil in the Olympics final. Cost us a gold medal as well as a trio of wins all in Brazil (WC, Woman Olympics and Men Olympics), which we won 2/3.:p

joking aside, I do enjoy his sub goals, how many tying goals or winners did he score? Makes games more entertaining.

speaking of strikers what is Kleindienst even doing? I don't think we've seen him in awhile at Freiburg neither bench nor XI.

Epitome990 repped this.
  9. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    According to TM, Kleindienst hasn't been in Freiburg's active squad list since MD 6. Seemed like he had some minor injury at the beginning of October. So maybe there's some technicalities to do with that still, but there's not much info. He seems okay but his lack of scoring when he played with the U20 NT is concerning. Just like when Luca Waldschmidt gets called up. I think he might also be too similar to Niederlechner and Petersen. They're all on the same team so it's tough for him to differentiate himself or standout.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/tim-kleindienst/leistungsdaten/spieler/193033

Ger90 repped this.
  10. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    23 year old Jan-Marc Schneider scored his 1st 2nd division goal. Nice turn though!
    https://streamable.com/fwv97

this season he's at 8 goals in 7 games and 3 assists in the Regionalliga Nord.

for 2nd division he's at 1 goal in 3 games but only played 77 minutes all from the bench.

Epitome990 repped this.
  13. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    I'd like to see Törles Knöll from HSV's reserves be sent out on loan in the Rückrunde. He made a brief debut earlier in the season, but looks like the senior squad might be going with Fiete Arp ahead of him.

Knöll is 20 years old, which is the same age as Teuchert. And should be tested at a higher level consistently. Maybe also a club in 2BL. The RL Nord is too easy for him at this point, so far scoring 14 goals in 11 games.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/torles-knoll/leistungsdaten/spieler/284737

Ger90 repped this.
  14. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    922468936955908096 is not a valid tweet id

Ger90 repped this.
  15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    German Cup
    -Selke starts his 2nd game in 4 since his return from injury
    -Fullkrug is on the bench as Bebou starts ahead
    -Recently returned Gomez, is on the bench in his 2nd game since return
    -Ginczek starts ahead of Terodde

16. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ginczek scores from a penalty to give Stuttgart the 1-1 equalizer vs Kaiserslautern.

Ger90 repped this.
  17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lennart Thy scored his 1st goal of the season in the Dutch Cup vs Utrecht.

Epitome990 repped this.
  18. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Simon Zoller scores to give Köln the 1-0 lead vs Hertha :eek:

Ger90 repped this.
  19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    the guy has only scored in the Cup this season with 2 goals. But Hertha like Koln is currently a struggling team.

20. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Yea, Hertha don't look good at all right now. They've been getting poor results too prior to today. I wonder if this could be the season turnaround point for Köln, if they can keep it up and win this match.

Ger90 repped this.
  21. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Thy hasn't been that effective in the league yet, but he seems to be an important player for his team. He's played in every part of Venlo's first 9 matches, and was only subbed off once in the final 4 minutes of one match. They've done reasonable in the standings for a newly promoted side.

Based on Twitter, he was unlucky last week having a good chance go off the post twice from one shoot. He also showed off some sweet nutmeg skill.

He hasn't really been that prolific of a scorer in the past though. I think 2BL or middle table Eredivisie is around his level.

Ger90 repped this.
  22. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  23. If you go to the USA forum, sub forum Yanks abroad and search for VVV-Venlo, you get the ratings of the players in the matches against teams with yanks in Eredivisie matches VVV played against this season. I posted those ratings. You can see the German goalie ratings too! I think there are 3 ratings iirc.

24. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Any comments on Ragnar Ache, the youngster on Sparta Rotterdam from matches you've seen this season?

https://www.vi.nl/nieuws/de-duitse-droom-van-sparta-talent-ache

25. Nope. As far as I know he's been given sub in minutes, probably to get used to the first team standards of play.
    He got a full match in the cup against RKC Waalwijk this week, but that match ended in a fiasco for Sparta, as they were eliminated while they were the better team. He was denied a penalty that should have been given.

Epitome990 repped this.