SQR: Wizards to make announcement Tuesday

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by doppelganger, Dec 12, 2005.

1. doppelganger

doppelganger Member

Jul 6, 2001
    santa cruz, ca
    Wizards to make announcement Tuesday
    The Kansas City Wizards will host a press conference Tuesday beginning at 1 p.m. ET ( Listen LIVE) at Arrowhead Stadium. Wizards owner Lamar Hunt, GM Curt Johnson and head coach Bob Gansler will address media regarding a significant Wizards announcement. Fans are invited to attend.

congrats to KC...one fairy tale has a happy ending...can there be two? please?

fans would not be invited to attend if they were to be moved/relocated....

more here: https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278130

2. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe Preki has decided to play one more year. :D

3. nivla

nivla Member+

Jan 17, 2003
    Milpitas
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's good news to the KC fans. Good for them.

I can't help but compare the two situations. We have been working on this much longer than KC. Why is it working out there but not here? What are the factors? What are common to both? Different?

Hunt vs AEG?
    KC vs SJ city?
    Stadium deal vs Spartan (SJSU)?
    Cost of living (land)?

4. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't read much about the KC situation (I do wish them all the best) but I think that the City of San Jose has really f*'d this up. And not just in recent days, which I believe have seriously had a negative impact on things, but over time.

I mean here we have a two-time Champion Major League team and the Mayor (and the media as a whole) of the city from which the team hails hasn't given a shyte since the beginning.

Gonzales is more than a crook, he's a lying, cheating, stealing, cold-hearted bastard.

The City of San Jose no longer deserves my beloved Quakes. I'm not saying the team should be moved or the fans should have their beloved team ripped from their hearts, what I'm saying is the CITY OF SAN JOSE doesn't DESERVE them unless the city gets a whole new bunch of politicans who give a crap about their community.

I'm VERY much okay with Santa Clara though, I hope they were watching that council meeting last week! :p

Good luck to everyone in KC!

5. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    Or is joining the coaching staff?

6. chowhog99

chowhog99 Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Pass the Tissues