Spurs vs RB Leipzig, CL, Wed. Feb. 19th, 3 pm ET

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Golara, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Jonathan Pimentel

Aug 29, 2013
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Read this earlier. Yeah, i mean, i can understand why he views things like that.. i kinda disagree though.

TBH, the amount of chances Leipzig created with Spurs sitting back.. can you imagine if they played a more open game? lol. It is actually kind of scary how bad Tottenham were at points in the match defensively.

2. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    well … that's pretty much what it comes down to, isn't it? the results. nobody, but nobody, at Spurs is gonna like the way he has us playing. it's ghastly stuff for anyone … but Spurs!?

but if we get away with it … if we accomplish something (silverware/CL qualification/etc.) … there's the validation, should it come. if we don't? pure failure. no one will claim otherwise. but we were shite yesterday, and we're still in the tie. we've been shite in the League, but we're in with a shout at the CL. we were shite v Soton, but we're still in the Cup.

If I had to put money on it, I'd guess we'll get nothing in the end. and if we don't, I'll be as critical of our manager as anyone. but I'm not gonna hope for it, just for the sake of it. and if we should get something … well … if I've gotta tip my hat to Mourinho to get it, I'll gladly do so.

it wasn't coming under Pochettino (whom I unreservedly loved). whether that was down to him, the players, or Levy is immaterial (for any purpose other than blame). that ship had sailed.

3. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
  4. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    I think my overall feeling is, if we are going to play Tony Pulis-Sam Allardyce style football, we may as well have hired one of them (at least they would have sorted out the defense by now), and it would have cost Levy about 13 million pounds a year less, plus whatever massive severance he will have to pay Jose when this goes pear-shaped.

5. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hi there, Juventus fan here. But just wan to ask THFC fans here, Kane will likely be back for the second legs, yes?

With Son out due to arm injury, you think that will have a big effect on your top 4 league standing this year in PL?

It suck that both Kane and Son are injured. I heard that Son is out till the end of this season. But at least Kane will be back, yes?

6. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    No, Kane won't be back this season.