Spurs v Leipzig (CL Round of 16)

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Lazy Assed Assassin, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Finally a non-killer CL draw, which of course means we’ll likely bottle it.

BalanceUT repped this.
  2. El_Mittinho_ii

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Likely losing one of their better players to Liverpool in January as well, which of course means we'll likely double bottle it.

BalanceUT repped this.
  3. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Typical Spurs fan optimism, I love it!

BalanceUT repped this.
  4. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    So for the second straight season we draw the Bundesliga leader in the last 16. Hopefully the same thing will happen to them that happened to Dortmund, who started to fall apart at the turn of the year.

5. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I loathe RB Leipzig, for all the reasons you're supposed to. I always like a massive opponent in Europe, and they couldn't be less qualified. I would be mortified to go out to them, yet will find no great satisfaction in beating them.* I would've preferred any other possible opponent. Leipzig, pffft.

*I mean, I will very much enjoy eliminating them, but it's not like beating Leipzig is something I'll be talking about in five years. Beating AC Milan stays with you (1972 as well as 2011). Bayern, Inter, Dortmund … we've knocked them all out of Europe. Those are the glory, glory nights.

6. El_Mittinho_ii

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Well I mucked that one up. It's the other RB (Salzburg) selling their best player to Liverpool, which of course means we'll triple bottle it.

7. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This thread right here. This is what makes us Spurs fans. We all feel the same.

BalanceUT repped this.
  8. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is what I come here for: Unbridled pessimism.

9. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Actually, they along with Man U have been linked to Haaland from Salzburg. So they could actually get stronger.

10. Jonathan Pimentel

Aug 29, 2013
    Club:
    SL Benfica
  11. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Come on, we're gonna walk this tie, right?

12. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    they've been a bit shite of recent - or at least their results have been. They got a draw at Munich the other day, which is ok, I guess, but I know they lost twice to Eintracht Frankfurt (League & Cup) and drew at home to 'gladbach. may not be a bad time to get them.

13. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Eerily similar to last year - when we drew Dortmund they were 9 points clear, by the time of the first leg, their lead had dwindled to 5 points and by the time of the second leg, their lead had evaporated. Hopefully we get the same result!

14. Jonathan Pimentel

Aug 29, 2013
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Interesting.

I still believe Mourinho is a better CL than domestic league coach. The odds favor Lepzig, but i believe thats a bit unfair.

15. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Since the win with Inter in 2010, he has been mostly a dud in the CL. His last time out with Man U against Sevilla was a disaster.

16. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    it's really not. we're shit.