Spurs V. Fulham [R]

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by jumhed, Oct 28, 2004.

1. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I'm predicting that we're going to score more than once in a league game for the first time this season. How many we concede is down to whether Robinson is back from his illness and Keller remembers his job. And whether Bunje stays as left-back and Gardner consigned to Westahhm forever. I wish.

2-0 or 3-1 to us, biatches!

2. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    I think your a bit harsh on Gardner, he is not a left back. We do have alot of promising centre backs at this club & Gardner is one of them along with Davenport, Defendi & Mills.

It is going to be a big game for Sean Davis returning to Fulham. Hopefully he gets a good run in the team free of injuries. He has become a crowd favourite because of his style of play, tough tackling & good on the ball

I'm going to say 2-0. Defoe & Keane

3. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The very big problem in this game is we've got a team of knackered players. 120 minutes of end-to-end physical cup football at Bolton plus the trip back, this does not leave a lot of time for recovery against what is likely to be a physical and pacey Fulham team, even if they are poor this season.

Some big decisions for Santini to make, I've no idea what his starting lineup will be, but I know Edman, Atouba, Redknapp and Gardner are all definitely out.

1 point as it's an away game would not be a disaster, but I hope the boys can get 3 points to get the league form back on track and build on the midweek win.

4. bitter leftie

bitter leftie New Member

Apr 30, 2004
    Western mass
    If ever we are gonna score than one goal in a prem match this should be it. I think anything but a win here would be a disappointing result, not only because of Fulham's form this season but our last few matches in the prem. We need to go on a bit of a run or mid table is going to be lurking again for us. I'd like to see some momentum build leading up to the Arse match.

5. chriswalk27

chriswalk27 New Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Dalton Georgia
    Agree about making sure we get 1 point away from home before worrying about all three with our major injuries.

I am worried about Naybet getting so many minutes during his fasting month. Only problem is Gardner is out with injury so I don't know who else to replace him with even if Santini did want to replace him.

I really hope Ziegler gets the start again as everyone I have talked to about the game is raving about this kid.

6. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Even when Gardner has played as centre-back he's looked crap. At left-Back he's looked even crapper. What is in his favour is that he's young. He has much to learn, but the time to learn it. Off to Westaahhm with him Isay! (My solution to all Spurs players problems, have you noticed?)

Davis will be good. He's looking forward to it. Hopefully Carrick will get more playing time too. That said, Mendes is one of my favourite Spurs players at the moment. The man has it!

7. Malkamus

Malkamus New Member

Jan 24, 2002
    This is a hard match to predict.

Based on Fulham's recent form its easy to predict getting 3 points. But we haven't had a stellar record in London derbies as of late and, yes we do have some injury concerns and Naybet's fasting(come on as a sub?). We also had a rough and tumble long match against Bolton. Fulham also have a better squad than their recent performances would indicate and I'm sure they'll be looking to bounce back at home.

I'll take a point, but if we can gut out a win Saturday it will be a very good sign of the character of the club. Prediction 2-1 Spurs -- Davis, Defoe.

I only wish the game was televised over here...

Any word on Robinson? Will we not know until tomorrow?

Come on you Spurs!
    Malk.

8. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    I would love to see Sean Davis score their that would be brilliant. I dont think he will try to wind up their supporters he spent alot of time their playing in all 4 divisions with them so he owes them alot but like i heard him say he is a Tottenham player now

9. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  10. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    Todays team:

--------Robinson

Pamarot King Naybet Bunjevcevic

Brown Davis Mendes Ziegler

--------Defoe Keane

Keller, Taricco, Davies, Kanoute, Carrick

11. CelticOnFire

CelticOnFire New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    London right now
  12. Winston Smith

Winston Smith New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    London
    I'm at the Charlton match next week. If we don't beat them I'm going to cry.

13. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

A quick question Dan, whats your opinion on both Arsenal and Tottenham having London derbies on the same day? Seems a bit stupid and asking for trouble to me...... Everyone knows Nov 13th will be horrible, but surely avoiding two London derbies is easy to do for the F.A.?

14. Winston Smith

Winston Smith New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    London
    It's supposed to be a random draw in the table and the cup allegedly, isn't it? I doubt the FA would listen though, officially we no longer have a hooligan problem. :rolleyes:

15. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

Well not that random - I mean we never have home games on the same day and usually if your playing in manchester we're playing a manchester team at home etc. It just seems stupid to me. Both sets of fans will be on the same tube lines next Sat. Considering the derby is the week after - there could well be trouble. I love the line officially - I guess there was nobody from the FA there the last time we played at White Hart Lane..... :rolleyes:

16. bitter leftie

bitter leftie New Member

Apr 30, 2004
    Western mass
    crap result, crap performance. Shame really cause i think we will be playing the Arse when they are struggling, but we need some serious improvement if we're to get something out of that match.
    Please play Carrick for a full 90 min!!!

17. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    The Big Match Review!

This game was poo.

The end.

18. LedleybetterthanSol

Jun 16, 2004
    Gold Coast/Australia
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Re: The Big Match Review!

ergh.

Mid table and mediocre. Can we turn this jizz around?

19. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    I always though that keeping derbies appart was as much to do with transport infrastructure as anything. What with Tottenham Hale being closed weekends at the moment everything gets bottle-necked through Seven Sisters. Lot of Chelsea fans also travel in from hertfordshire, as well as Arsenal and the odd charlton, all being routed via White Hart Lane. Hardly sensible.

And I dont mean that as a reflection on the fans - more on the general incompetance of Railtrack....

20. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

Supurb, I knew there was a way somewhere to blame the re-emergance of hooligans on Labour!!!! :D

21. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    We didn't register a single shot on target. G. A. Y.

22. chriswalk27

chriswalk27 New Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Dalton Georgia
    Santini really needs to figure things out quickly because if he doesn't he might not be able to right the ship so to speak and get us to 7th-10th place like we should be.

Still to be fair we are only in 11th place at the moment and with a win and others losing we could be 8th I believe.