Spurs v City [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by acleansheet, Aug 24, 2011.

1. acleansheet

acleansheet New Member

Nov 29, 2006
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our first real test of the season. Spurs are an attractive side but City may sport a lineup consisting of Nasri, Kun, Silva, and Dzeko. The latter three are in top form. Will be an exciting one.

2. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Can't remember the last time we went to WHL and weren't dominated, here is a chance to try and break that pattern, although I fear Spurs may have key players back (Modric suddenly won't be "mentally unfit" to play as he was against United for example).

3. Prowl

Prowl BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 24, 2011
    Calgary, AB
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I think you guys have a great chance actually. The last couple of years, Mancini has been conservative in his tactics and that won't be the case tomorrow. Based on what I've seen, City looks great and as a neutral, fun to watch.

Spurs will be a test, but against Man U, they wilted in the second half. Modric will help, but without a consistent striker, City should win this fairly comfortably

4. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tot looked inept with out crouch, the team really seemed like they played as if they had a giant striker on the pitch instead of two small lads who cant jump playing forward. I mean the deep aerial balls they were sending vs scum would have been brilliant with the bean pole, but Van der vaart and Defoe? what was that all about.

In short, i'm fine with modric playing so long as crouch stays out injured, which I believe he is.

Maybe they'll play adebayor in the crouch role... next week: )

5. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Same, they're the team I'll be watching most in the EPL this season. Lots of creativity and skilled players and judging by the Bolton game Mancini has the team incredibly well organized.

Is Nasri expected to start for you guys, and if so who's place does he take?

6. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Liquid football. LIQUID FOOTBALL, City!

That is the best I've ever seen my club play, without question.

Dzeko proving every doubter wrong brings a smile to my face. But an amazing debut from Nasri, 3 assists (2 more than all of last season, the result of having top strikers).

Epic.

7. SuperJville

SuperJville Member

May 7, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuyeJWFmJIc&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

8. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    Next game against Wigan at home.
    Seriously can see a record win on the cards v that team .

9. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a thrashing.

Hopefully Dzeko's performance will shut up the Tevez/Aguero partnership hopefuls.

10. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know they're both argentinian, but that's where the similarities stop, and hopefully the partnership.

Epic Win. Missed it due to Hurricane. Thanks Irene... you bitch.

11. Prowl

Prowl BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 24, 2011
    Calgary, AB
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    What did I tell you? City completely demolished Spurs and yes, it was fun to watch. I think I'll be watching a lot of City this season. Dzeko's pure quality and Nasri showed what he can do with a better team :) Wow. With Wigan next, you guys should be on fire again. Thanks Abu Dhabi and Mancini for making this team fun to watch for the EPL neutral :)

12. acleansheet

acleansheet New Member

Nov 29, 2006
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What an incredible performance! Completely agree with Stu. Best City performance I've ever seen. Dzeko the first City player to score 4 in a premier league game!

13. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Only a few people stuck with Dzeko after the end of last season.

Most of them were extremely biased Bosnians haha!

At least it is paying off.

Let's see him get another goal next week, I need some fantasy points!

14. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Maybe outside of the City fanbase everyone wrote him off but if you look on popular City forums like Bluemoon, everyone was confident he'd come good, with a few loud exceptions.

I always knew he could score but to be honest I didn't think he'd work so well in our system, I thought without wingers we wouldn't get the best out of him but he is a man transformed and the movement of Aguero, Silva, and Nasri around him is helping him, giving defenders a living nightmare to deal with.

Surely has to be a candidate for Premier League Player of the Month along with Silva.

15. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Travesty that Silva, Aguero, and Dzeko can't all be player of the month. Barry was excellent as well I must say. He's filling up very well for De Jong.. and that's really what strong clubs are all about. You have a guy injured.. you replace him with a player just as good as he is. Haven't personally seen a stronger City than this one. IMO..City has more quality in bench than Arsenal's current starting lineup. :D

Btw.. gotta give it to the City fans.. at times they were louder than the Tottenham fans. CLASS

16. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's just say it's been an awful lot of fun being a City fan over the last, oh, 36 months. Especially in the last 18.

17. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It was wild seeing how smooth the passes were coming from Nasri and Silva. You would never realize Nasri had just joined if you had just come from another planet and missed his transfer.

The front 4 are just going to terrorize defenses as they get even more used to each other.

18. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Despite not being a supporter of his Wolfsburg, I was lucky to see Dzeko play when they were at Dortmund. He didn't score but he curved this wonderful shot from outside of the penalty area that hit the post. He really can score some awesome goals.

It is great to see him showing it with City!

19. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    One of his best goals came against Kompany led Belgium in the world cup qualifiers I believe.

Curved a ball from outside the box similar shot to yesterdays but it had such a great curve on it.