Spurs transfers/rumors/etc. Summer 2021

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by pookspur, May 22, 2021.

1. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
  2. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Romero flying to London for medical. Olympics will be over soon, so Tomiyasu deal should be wrapped up. Sevilla asking about Sanchez. Things seem to be moving along.

3. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Not anymore, he’s in Florida so he’ll have to quarantine for 5 days upon return.

4. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Brilliant of 'arry to vacation in a raging Covid hotspot. Ings went to Villa.

5. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Jubril Okedina sold to Cambridge United - didn't see that coming.

The Arse reportedly going after Tomiyasu. :mad:

6. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    #81 Lazy Assed Assassin, Aug 5, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    Messi leaving Barca just might end the Kane saga

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...elona-after-obstacles-thwart-contract-renewal

// edit: wait maybe it ends the Grealish saga
    // edit2: wait, wait Messi would be on a free so maybe it ends nothing.
    // edit3: Grealish to Man City … ugh it’s going to be so awful watching a Man City team with Kane, De Bruyne, Messi, et. al., not win the Champions League. Again.

7. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Looks like Cirkin is going to be sold to Sunderland. Makes sense, we have plenty of left backs atm.

8. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  9. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Romero done.

Tottenham Hotspur on Twitter: "Welcome to Spurs, @CutiRomero2! https://t.co/KLmRXIkGuC" / Twitter

Crikey, Paratici's gotten on with it, eh? And a bit of credit has to go to Levy, as well. I mean, he's clearly seen a (covid-induced) situation where lots of clubs are in desperate need of money and has decided to spend now that we might profit from it. I'm not sure where the money's coming from (maybe he plans on seeing Harry off to City by window's end), but he's sure putting it about.

Lazy Assed Assassin repped this.
  10. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    That's a relief - I was starting to think it wouldn't happen. Now wrap up Tomiyasu, and get another centerback plus a backup/replacement for Kane. Then we would have a pretty good squad.

11. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    See, now it's official.

[​IMG]

jumhed and pookspur repped this.
  12. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    I remember everyone was worried about Paratici when he was first brought in. He seems to be doing a pretty good job. Well, let's see how these guys play in EPL.

13. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Very happy with the incoming guys. Gil, Romero, Gollini, all young and in demand by top clubs. No mid-table retreads like Ings. We have plenty of those in the squad already.

Keeping away from the Kane drama, but some of the critical comments I've seen elsewhere have been well out of order, IMO. He's earned some benefit of the doubt in my eyes.

BalanceUT and pookspur repped this.
  14. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Yeah, I started to post something about that earlier. Over on SC, there's a Kane thread in the 'transfers' forum, and it's absolutely fooking embarrassing. I do not, in any way, shape, or form, endorse Harry's not showing up for training, but to say they've gone over the top over there is a massive understatement. These are the same people who were absolutely wetting themselves about the prospect of Bale returning last summer, and now they're saying 'there's no way back' for Kane. Folks are throwing 'Judas' around. It's unbelievable.

Lazy Assed Assassin and Phillyspur repped this.
  15. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I lament how slow (dying?) this forum has become, but I'd almost prefer that to the kinds of vitriol about the Kane issue that's taking place among Spurs fans elsewhere. There've been loads of twists and turns in this saga, but without getting deep into it, I will throw out this bit of ITK from Trix on SC:

From what I've just heard FP and Hitchen have been keen to sell from the off. It's Levy and only Levy that has taken the stance we have and he's still not moving until his terms are met.

Fab feels there will never be a better opportunity to spend the cash this free's up. Sell him for next year for £100mil(for example) and we will get a fraction of the value we will get this Summer. We are all already completely aware of how switched on he is regarding clubs financial positions and players contracts especially in Italy, and he feels the timing on all this is perfect.

Despite all this being spelled out to him, Levy is still the ultimate stubborn toddler refusing to move unless he gets his own way. Like I said its principles that are at stake here, and he won't be bent over.

I don't know anything about anything with certainty ... but that sure sounds like our Daniel.

16. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Levy prefers the appearance of a tough negotiator and will harm the team to maintain that facade. Whether it’s late sells that hamstring the manager early in the season, failures to do January business, reneging on deals like Dembele, he’s constantly doing things that negatively impact the current and future state of the team. There are clearly times when it works, but the number of times it doesn’t suggest it’s less skillful negotiation and more a broken clock being right twice a day.

17. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Though to completely refute my above claim, the way Tottenham are spending I think the deal - and even the price - is done.

All this “gentleman’s agreement”, under bidding is just for show.

18. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    This is a rebuild folks. The fact that Eric Dier and Davinson Sanchez are still in teh squad and will probably be our starting CBs for the opener is all you need to know. It will take Paratici time to sift through the flotsam and jetsam that pollutes our team, so you may as well get as much as you can for Kane, selling him early is not going to make much of a difference.

19. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's patently obvious that now is the time to sell. If City come back with 120, 130... Just take it Daniel. Let us all move on.

20. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The market is imperfect and uneven. Levy maybe doesn't view it that way. There is no pure true value for a player. A team with three world class strikers who is offered another needs not bid even the supposed market value. A team which aspires to winning the league and has only one world class striker needs that player and should pay the price to get them. Paratici seems to understand that. Levy seems to view both that there's a proper market value which is true, and he must acquire for that value or less, and sell for that value or more.

Lazy Assed Assassin and pookspur repped this.
  21. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thinking is how you know you are a true to heart Spurs fan.

Golara repped this.
  22. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
  23. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nuno has said N'Dombele won't be in the Wolves squad for Sunday. The club are looking for a buyer. A great talent ruined by poor attitude. And another expensive purchase proves to be a bust.

24. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    What on earth happened to him?