Spurs Silly Season Version 4

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by PoshSpur, Dec 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lillywhite

Lillywhite New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    London
    I like Berbatov. 10 mill is a bit steep, imo. Nevertheless, a good signing. Now get Kuijt and thank Mido for his efforts this season.

Let's splash some cash. I'll chip in a fiver myself.

What does this do to the rumours of Guddy coming to the Lane. I'd love him here personally.

2. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    *head explodes*

At least they're big guys and not more pacey, small ones...

3. Lillywhite

Lillywhite New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    London
    :D I think we should keep Keano, Billy. No worried there. We have 2 littluns. We need some bigguns, first name not Ivor.

4. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Will Gregorz do, in that case? I hear Niall Quinn has found the secret of eternal youth, too.

5. Lillywhite

Lillywhite New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    London
    How very dare you! :mad:

Niall Qiunn would be better. :D

Having said that. I much prefer how we play with the midgets up front. We just lump it up the pitch sometimes when there's no need to otherwise.

6. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  7. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
  8. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    Berbatov's scoring record.

05-06 Bayer Leverkusen 31 games 16 goals (with 1 more game to go)
    04-05 Bayer Leverkusen 33 games 20 goals
    03-04 Bayer Leverkusen 33 games 16 goals
    02-03 Bayer Leverkusen 24 games 4 goals
    01-02 Bayer Leverkusen 24 games 8 goals
    00-01 CSKA Sofia 11 games 9 goals
    00-01 Bayer Leverkusen 6 games 0 goals
    99-00 CSKA Sofia 27 games 14 goals
    98-99 CSKA Sofia 11 games 3 goals

International: 35 games 17 goals

9. Spur_Forever

Spur_Forever Member

Oct 1, 2005
    DC
    That's really not bad. Apart from 01/02 and 02/03, he's scored about one goal every other game.

I've watched him play for Leverkusen this season and he was very impressive. Wouldn't mind him one bit.

10. Joe_Sanchez

Joe_Sanchez New Member

Sep 25, 2005
    England
  11. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We're being linked today with a move for Curtis Davies. The club was linked with him in January, now that he has impressed in the Prem and West Brom look like going down, they may well move for him. He has more aggression than Gardner and more pace than Davenport, would fit in very nicely with King and Dawson.

Apparently the club is also looking at another West Brom player, presumably Gera who were linked to at the end of last season.

12. Winston Smith

Winston Smith New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    London
    Got to really. Just done it on the appropriate thread. :D

13. Mort09

Mort09 New Member

Nov 1, 2005
    We're being linked with everyone as usual. I think the Curtis Davies link may be possible but an easy link to make. Gardner's been pretty good the last few games though and Davenport played well against Man Utd so Jol may think we're well covered particularly as we've also got Huddlestone.

I expect us to make a big push for Wayne Bridge and the striker situation could be interesting. Who comes in up front will obviously depend on whether or not we get that CL place.

A decent left winger of course is a well-publicised necessity. Downing or D'Alessandro would be interesting, Duff could also be set for a move but Robben would be best of all.

Oh and then there's a small tournie going on in germany this summer isn't there? Might be the odd player on view there!

14. Spur_Forever

Spur_Forever Member

Oct 1, 2005
    DC
    I dunno... World Cup buys are usually a bit iffy. Not that we've had many in recent years, but I remember several English teams buying the "big discovery" of such and such tournament, only for them to be mediocre in the EPL (Poborsky, Berger, Suker). But, I suppose there's nothing wrong with Jol (and his staff) going to games and keeping an eye out!

15. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    New thread, this one is over the limit.