Spurs Silly Season Two-This thread is pants and smells of wee

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by The Double, Aug 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    madness.

2. MrTea

MrTea New Member

Aug 23, 2005
    Seven Sisters,London
    Mendes is a good player, its a shame he wants to leave.

3. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    Now if Real Madrid hadn't bought that waste of space Pablo Garcia we should have offered them Mendes in exchange for either Ronaldo or Robinho ;) Lord knows they need a good holding midfielder - especially with the formation Luxemburgo is trying to make them play!

4. DP32

DP32 New Member

Jun 29, 2005
    I like Mendes, didn't kick up a fuss. I felt we looked seriously flat in midfield, too much pointless passing and as for the big lad up front??? Shame on you all who dissed Kanoute!

Too many players too soon, it looks like it could be another season of settling in and players getting to know one another again.

As for Davids???

5. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It is the truth. Please watch the games.

6. Danners9

Danners9 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Drunken Clam, Quahog
    I think i agree, there are some games he'd do well in but the majority i don't think he would.

I wouldn't mind seeing him play in place of Jenas at the moment, but the only way Jenas will get comfortable is by playing himself and ultimately JJ will be the better player.

It's no good having an unhappy player on the books, it's best to sell if they don't feature.

7. OrlandoSPUR

OrlandoSPUR **** the Nomads

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    This would be my preferred team if all fit:

-------Robbo-----

Stalteri (RB---Dawson---King---(LB) Lee
    ----------Carrick-------

Routledge---------------Davids

-----------Jenas--------

Defoe -------------Keane

I think the Diamond can work with Defoe and Keane together, Keane would drop back more, and Jenas can run ahead of the attackers. I would also like the Idea of Mido and Defoe up front, Jenas on the right of the diamond with Keane dropping to the top of the diamond.

I was just thinking of ways to play to our strengths, this to me makes the most sense. Do you think it would work?

8. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    I think Defoe-Mido-Keane could work, more so at home. It would mean alot of the width will have to be provided by the fullbacks, Lee could certainly provide that and for the right i dont need to say who can do that job :p

9. OrlandoSPUR

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    ...to be honest that is the formation and basically the team I play on FIFA :eek:
    Except Davids has retired so I use either Reid, Tainio or Ziegler on the left. I won the league in 07/08 and am top again w 12 d 2 L 1 for 08/09(yes my life is full of all sorts of virtual excitement). I have put the super back into Tottenham again :D I knew I should have become a football manager.

10. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Mido has been cleared of his FA charge.

11. CelticOnFire

CelticOnFire New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    London right now
  12. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    So do I. I like him better on the wing then Reid. Do Hamburg have an option to buy?

13. CelticOnFire

CelticOnFire New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    London right now
    I hope not. I thought that was a hard part about the deal?

None the less, we should NOT let him go.

14. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Sendo had a good point though. He really doesn't fit into the side, truth be told. I still want him on the left.

15. Danners9

Danners9 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Drunken Clam, Quahog
    AFAIK, the only option in the Ziegler deal is for us to have him back in Jan.

16. OrlandoSPUR

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    ..it be a damn shame to lose the lad, anyone know how he's doing?

17. Lillywhite

Lillywhite New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    London
    I've been following a thread in the Swiss boards. Swiss players abroad.

18. OrlandoSPUR

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    ..so has he done anything good? I know RDV has found a bit of form for them. I think it was a shame not to have gone in for him.

19. Lillywhite

Lillywhite New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    London
    He hasn't played that much so far. Just a coupke of sub appearances and the odd start. Done well for them so far. Haven't checked the board for a week or so.

I hope we keep him and don't sell him off. I don't know why but I just like him a lot as a player. RDV is quality. I too would have loved to put in a bid for him. Ah well. We have Michael brown instead.

20. OrlandoSPUR

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    ..I thought he performed great before Reid was bought in...I can't see us getting rid of a good prospect.

21. Lillywhite

Lillywhite New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    London
    Now Rich, you know you think more highly of Reidy as I do. I have watched him more closely due to your influence and I have been hard on him (no smutty innuendo :D ). He is a good player and will probably get better.

I would put Reto in over him every time though. Just my opinion. Why did Jol go sour on him suddenly?

22. OrlandoSPUR

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    ..I have no clue. Maybe he is homesick, and would me comfortable in a German speaking country. As long as he don't go the way of Blondel.

23. Lillywhite

Lillywhite New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    London
    Yeah. In the odd quiet moment, a lull in the day, I sometimes wonder what would have happened if Dalmat had worked out too.

24. OrlandoSPUR

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    and rebrov before him.

25. Lillywhite

Lillywhite New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    London
    Oh God. I thought he was going to be the shizzle. In fact he was just plain shizzle. Mind you, he didn't get all the opportunities that he might have had. Hoddle didn't like him though. He did score a few crackers for us.