Spurs Silly Season Two-This thread is pants and smells of wee

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by The Double, Aug 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Have at it.

2. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York
    Let's be having you!

3. Rmort99

Rmort99 New Member

Jun 30, 2004
    Letsby Avenue - is that where Naaaarich play?

4. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
  5. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    Dirk Kuyt's goals scoring record

2004/05 Feyenoord 34 games 29 goals
    2003/04 Feyenoord 34 games 20 goals
    2002/03 Utrecht 34 games 20 goals
    2001/02 Utrecht 34 games 7 goals
    2000/01 Utrecht 32 games 13 goals
    1999/00 Utrecht 32 games 6 goals
    1998/99 Utrecht 28 games 5 goals

For Feyenoord 68 games 49 goals.

6. Rmort99

Rmort99 New Member

Jun 30, 2004
    Not bad when compared with Kanoute's paltry return

7. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York
    The lad can score....in the Dutch league.

£12 million is nowhere near the valuation that should be put on his head.

8. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    pedro out? damn. can't blame him if he wants more minutes than he'd get in our midfield, though.

hey! maybe we could just loan him out for a year. i mean, there'll be far more minutes to go 'round in 2006/07, what with all those champions' league fixtures and deep cup runs clogging up the calendar. ;)

9. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    Now your talking Pookspur, Champions League football at the Lane :D

10. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York
    I can't wait to see those guys shaking the centre circle Champions League image flag just before kick-off at WHL.

11. OrlandoSPUR

OrlandoSPUR **** the Nomads

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    ...just wanted to say thank ******** the Barcodes got knocked out of Europe :D

12. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It was good to hear, they lost home and away - looks like nothings changed from last season :D

oh I heard tonight that Jol was at the Charlton - Feyenoord friendly! He was apparently there with Mido, no idea why he brought him along but most likely would have been watching some players. It could have been El Ham Sandwich rather than Mido, seeing as they've been mixed up in the past.

13. benco2

benco2 New Member

Jun 30, 2005
    England
    Got my tickets for saturday! Cant wait to see the shades on the hallowed turf!!! Also getting me new shirt with davids on da Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

14. OrlandoSPUR

OrlandoSPUR **** the Nomads

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    rep to you having a red nipple after two posts. you went either to let me see, hmm the scum, chelski or west shambles board???per chance :D Here is some rep to get you on your way.

15. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    we'll put you back on your feet :)

and if we find out who negged you, can make them pay in kind.

16. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    Strange that Jol was there with a player. If it was Mido I wonder if it was to get a second opinion on Kuyt. If it was el Hamdaoui I wonder if there would be some kind of trade going on (as he did play the Reading game Wotte was at). I wouldn't have thought so though as el Hamdaoui is very promising for us.

17. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    He could go on a loan deal, that would be a very good move for him.

18. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    Mido played for Ajax a few years back, I wouldn't read too much into it. Probably to just help Jol, maybe get him a backstage pass.

19. Danners9

Danners9 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Drunken Clam, Quahog

But, so could Kezman.... it might be a risk, a 12m risk and that might be a Rebrov-esque risk.

20. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    £12million is too much,we don't need another striker and he could turn out tobe another Kezman :D

21. Malkamus

Malkamus New Member

Jan 24, 2002
    yeah, they got schooled when good opposition arose. However battling in the UEFA Cup in the early rounds this season plus the other three competitions might just have knackered them enough to make them even less of a threat to us for a spot in europe next season. With the predicted second half of the table looking so weak, I wouldn't be surprised to see Newcastle in the top ten, Souey or not.

22. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Everton missed out on Andy Johnson and look like they're going to miss out on Baros. -- Talk is growing that they will move for Freddie Kanoute, Man City were a name that also have been linked although they've signed two strikers already. Newcastle are a slightly longer bet. Lyon are also in the mix, although I would have thought signing Carew would have been enough for them.

If Kanoute goes, expected to be about 5.5 million, then Jol wants Kuyt as first choice to come in for him. possibly Mendes or Edman could be used as part of that deal.

23. Lillywhite

Lillywhite New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    London
    Much as I like him, it'll have to be Pedro. We've got midfielders galore as we been collecting them faster than there are days in the year. This is all hypothetical natch.

24. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I know Jol knows best, but with Hamdouei, Barnard, and Yeates as back-up, I think we don't need anyone else.

25. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    I can't see Edman going anywhere, he's our only decent left back. I also can't really see Mendes going anywhere. He's our spare holding midfielder with European experience and a touch of class about him.

Apparantly Everton are after Kanoute and Man City would like him too. I suppose if he does go we'll be getting Kuyt.

Jumhead: I'm not sure about Barnard or Yeates being ready for Premiership football yet. El Hamdaoui is border-line, he just needs to up his work rate.