Spurs Silly Season 5: Gearing Up For Europe

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by The Double, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    I love you too.

2. B Rock

B Rock Member

Oct 7, 2004
    Do you love the idea of Shola Ameobi and Albert Luque up top all season?

3. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC

Yeah I know, they let anyone in.

As for the contract, what is this highest possible source? The tea lady. He is not on 85k a week or getting a £3.5million SOF. Our wage structure doesn't allow it.

Who is gloating? It's certainly not me. If I had been I'd have just come on and said "Fuck you stupid southern bastards, we got Duff" But I did infact come on and respond to someone who had made a comment about one of our players that was totally wrong. Would you want to believe something is true when it's not or know the truth.

You didn't mention N'Zogbia, but then again it wasn't your post I replyed to in the first place was it?

4. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Yes I do

5. Spur_Forever

Spur_Forever Member

Oct 1, 2005
    DC
    Good for you, now fuck off, troll.

6. tapper

tapper New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Petrov would be excellent. I'm a fan of his for sure. And Atletico has to find a way to pay that massive transfer fee for Aguero without selling Torres. So, I'd think they might be willing to deal.

7. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    Yeah he is a good player, one of his best games was against Barca last season.

8. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    And that's all that matters. Stop trolling on our board.

9. Danners9

Danners9 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Drunken Clam, Quahog
    Ok then Graeme, you're right. Duff took a 50% pay drop to join you guys. How could I doubt you. Your great club is destined for great things, how could I be so blind to see that.

What do I know anyway... I'm just a stupid southern bastard after all.

As for Spurs, Yeates signed a new 2 yr contract. But it's likely he'll go to Hull on loan shortly. Phil Parkinson is the manager there and he liked what he saw when Yeatsey was on loan there last season.

10. tapper

tapper New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    (SL)Oleguer will do that to you...especially if you're as fast as Petrov.

11. Spur_Forever

Spur_Forever Member

Oct 1, 2005
    DC
    I liked the little I saw of Yeates last season too. Isn't he left footed? I could have sword I saw him play on the wing while he was out on loan too. Get some experience and he might be one for the future there...

12. Fernando Ayawnso

Fernando Ayawnso New Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Dirty Jersey
  13. Fernando Ayawnso

Fernando Ayawnso New Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Dirty Jersey
    And this is why it's hard to post on forums that I'm not the admin of...

This sucka would be a ghost tout suite.

14. Omideyi

Omideyi Member

Dec 13, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    will PoshSpur ever return to offer an explanation?

15. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    i've deleted the posts.

now back on topic.

16. Malkamus

Malkamus New Member

Jan 24, 2002
    You were repsonding to my little, one off swipe at Newcastle. You having a bad day? Last time I remember you on Spurs boards here you posted funny, occasionally intelligent semi-spurs sympathetic posts -- not this rubbish.

If you respond like to this to everyone on BS who has a go at Newcastle, I'd imagine your carpel tunel syndrome is quite advanced.

17. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    It has been announced on the Stock Exchange, which lists NewCash, that the said team paid £5m to CSKA London (*Infinite Cash Cheat Enabled), for the services of Duff.

The rumour that Spurs refused to pay a £3.5m signing on fee to the Oirishman, which caused his agent to go public with the deal, are unconfirmed, but it makes things understandable. I'm a Spurs fan, but if I had a choice between getting a £3.5m signing on fee or joining Spurs, then I wouldn't be joining Spurs. Unless it was A*se offering the money. Those bastards!

I say, good luck to NewCash and Duff. I think most Toon fans are okay. As Spurs fans, we find it hard to comprehend why anyone would choose NewCash over Spurs.

Will Toon2 throw down the gauntlet again and predict Barcode superiority over the mighty Yids like he did last season? :)

IMO there are only 2 players in the NewCash line-up who would get into the Spurs First XI. Given (blasphemy!), and Duff.

18. GrodZilla

GrodZilla Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Well if he was a Spurs fan he wouldn't have had any problem?
    If I had the choice between getting a 3.5 Mil signing bonus and not getting it I'd probably go with the bonus if the options were similar otherwize.

Although I hold spurs higher than, Newcastle he has more to gain joining Newc, they are down and have only one way to go, up. He'll be a cert starter and have a shot at the UEFA cup. Also I assume that his wage package was more favourable at Newc. But the fact that he left Chelsea would suggest that it wasn't all about the money for him.

19. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Chelski were apparently only offering him a paycut to 50k a week. That and sitting on the bench most of the time does not help a player with their sponsorships, or any contractual bonuses from appearances/goals etc.

In any case, he has made his choice and we will see who is better off for it. Personally I know we have very competent management who have made far more good than bad transfer decisions in the past 3 years, so it does not bother me, particularly if his wages would have caused a problem with our structure. There are plenty of other good players to be signed, and I'm sure they will deliver.

That's what is so great about us these days, with this management individual players are no longer relevant. It's been so easy for us to watch them accumulate talent and get the best out of the players we have.

20. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    What the hell planet are you on?

********ing stupid, retarded post.

True ManUre fans must be embarrassed when idiots like you show up. Now piss off.

21. GrodZilla

GrodZilla Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If you'd be so kind as to point out where you think I was wrong, I'd gladly explain myself further on that point. I was in no way rude or calling anyone any names.

All I was saying is that Newcastle problably needed him more and have, in my oppinion, a more gungho attitude towards money apart from you who even though you have spent quite freely over the last seasons always seems to get good value for money. You are not likely to bust your wage structure for one player. And frankly you don't need to as you have a working squad.

Spurs already have a good young squad and are on the up with or without Duff. Newcastle on the other hand has been one of the more dysfunctional squads in the PL the last few seasons. Seen to their player material they have been underperforming and there are a greater potential for immediate improvement.

By that I'm not saying that Newcastle would be the better team. Quite the opposite so I really don't see what your point is...

22. OrlandoSPUR

OrlandoSPUR **** the Nomads

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    ....not being a barcode fan I don't know the squad in depth although I thought In'Zogbia played really well on the left, he caused us all sorts of problems.

...if you knew anything about Spurs you'd realise that our promising young squad does not have a top notch LW, Duff could very well have been the answer to our problematic position.....IMO Duff followed the money, he will be on big wages, and has made a bundle in a sign on bonus....my question is how can Newcastle keep spending like this? could they become the next Leeds?

23. GrodZilla

GrodZilla Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I do know anything about Spurs, just not everything ;) and if Duff would have started or not at Spurs was not a part of my argument. He'd ahve started most games for both teams. And even if N'Zogbia did well last season and has potential, he's not better than Duff.

my argument was that Duff would, at Newcastle have a greater chance of achieving "hero-status" as Newcastle att the moment arn't packed with stars. He could be the one who leads the out of several season of underachievements to finally reaching their potential. Spurs are already doing well without him.

I also said that money was problably a factor, but probably not the decicive one as he'd most likely have made more money at Chelsea.

And as long as you have someone injecting cash into the club you don't have a problem...

24. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Look how that turned out for Shearer. He got his hero status, and he won everything there is to win. Grod has a point here.

25. Spur_Forever

Spur_Forever Member

Oct 1, 2005
    DC
    Well, given the quoted transfer price it seems that CSKA London had as much, if not more, to do with Duff's ultimate destination as the player himself (despite his "follow the heart" comments).

The first step in any transfer is for the club that holds the player's contract to accept a bid. We bid more than the prisoners did, yet ours was rejected. Hence, the only logical conclusion is that CSKA sold to the northerners because they are obviously less of a threat.

Duff's comments are the politically correct thing for him to say, not to mention a sure way to his new fans' hearts. But they are ultimately inaccurate. He got sold to Newcastle because that was the club CSKA wanted to deal with. Think about it. They don't need the money, so if a player wants to leave, why not just sell him to the team that will provide the least threat, irrespective of price?