Spurs @ Norwich City - kind of a big deal

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by pookspur, May 21, 2022.

1. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I was thinking the same thing watching the replay. It looked more like that than any effort on goal should look. You're right, though - it appeared more like a drunken stupor than either.

soccernutter repped this.
  2. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got the very strong impression that he was trying to set up Son.

3. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    This, too, is something I also thought at the time. It's a bit embarrassing, I suppose, in the aftermath of a 5-0 thrashing ... but there you are.

I will say, though, it's been a lovely day, and this evening's prospects are just as good.

BalanceUT repped this.
  4. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Good points as usual, but I don't think right now we have the squad to challenge on multiple fronts. Event today we had 3 kids on the bench.

5. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    That was one of my concerns heading into the game, that the lads would be so worried about setting up Sonny, that we'd end up snookering ourselves. But the Kulu aberration was the only time I saw it and it wasn't clear cut. Well done to Son to finish joint winner of the Golden Boot with no penalties.

6. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    What a stretch run - 9 wins, 2 draws, 1 defeat, 29 out of a possible 36 points.

Conte is The Closer.

7. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Shhhhh!!!

The last thing we want is for Levy to think Conte's already got the players he needs.

8. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Son not nominated for PL Player of the Year, what a sham.

9. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Correcting myself here, we had FOUR kids on the bench. Was Conte being clever and making a sly statement to the board?

10. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    But keep in mind that we had a bigger squad before we went out. When January came and Euro football was done, we got rid of Dele, Ndombele, Gil and Lo Celso. I'm not saying we would have won the ECL with those guys, mind you - they weren't setting the world on fire. Totally agree the squad was not big enough for two competitions after the transfer window. But jettisoning the dead weight of (mostly) unhappy players was a gamble that paid off, eh?

11. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Correct. Addition through subtraction - and Conte and Paratici are far from finished.