Spurs are utter shite. [R]

Discussion in 'England Rivalries' started by Flash2, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Flash2

Flash2 New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    England
    That is all....

2. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Re: Spurs are utter shite.

Scared, are we?

3. OrlandoSPUR

OrlandoSPUR **** the Nomads

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL

...Keep moving nothing to see here

4. Flash2

Flash2 New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    England

Yep, quaking.

5. OrlandoSPUR

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL

..Flash how long did it take you to come up with such an enlightening title? Pure brilliance :rolleyes:

6. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003

Arsenal are getting a bit scared of our central midfield partnership. With Vieira and Edu gone, they've just got Gilberto (injury prone) and a couple of 14 year olds.

My mates that are Arsenal fans are getting a bit worried about Davids.

7. Flash2

Flash2 New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    England

One of those player was Fabregas, who i remember dancing through your midfield at Highbury to play Reyes in and we all know what happened then...

[​IMG]

God im bored..

8. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC

You smell that Rabbit?

Smells like Fear. :D :D

9. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This is the greatest thread ever

10. Asprilla9

Asprilla9 Member

Dec 15, 2000
    Beaverton, OR
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

how did i know this thread would be started by an arsenal fan

11. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

what's mildly amusing is that this thread could've been started any given month over the past ten, or so, years, and all a yid could do would be to shrug his shoulders and tell you to 'piss off'. but now we all know better, and it's literally the last week that you can make that assertion before everybody else starts to know it, too. good timing.

oh, and piss off.

12. musicl

musicl New Member

Jan 9, 2004

Spurs > Arsenal

13. footykid

footykid Member+

Jan 10, 2005
    Mississauga, Ont
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France

I'd have to agree judging by their inspired unbeatable run to secure the League in 2003-2004...oh wait that was Arsenal

Oh but they did win the whogivesaflyings*it cup over the summer didn't they...that must count for something :rolleyes:

While I don't agree with Flash, you guys have some serious work to do if you want a serious rivalry with Arsenal. Whats a rivalry if the outcome is the same time and time again. Sometimes I almost enjoy a game against "insert usual mid-table London squad" more than you guys. And, you actually have some reason to hate us, seeing as how we came to your turf and became better than you. :D

oh and just so you know Cesc at 18 > Davids at any age :D

14. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

And what, pray tell, is your central midfield partnership out of the 67 midfielders you've currently got? None of them are as good as Gilberto + Flamini/Fabregas.

Your "Arsenal mates" being worried about Davids are thinking of the Davids of 5 years ago, not the old geezer (currently still injured is he?) who Barca and Inter couldn't get shot of fast enough.

Typical Spurs early season optimism before the grim reality of mid-table mediocrity sets in again.

15. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London

that's incorrect. wasn't he the best la liga winter signing the season before last, who was also a vital part of that barca'steam that ended up finishing 2nd in the league.

16. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

He was there on loan, but was strangely not signed permanently. If he was so good, why not?

17. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London

oh barca wanted him, no doubt about that, they even offered him a contract but he choice inter instead simply because the contract they were offering was better.

18. OrlandoSPUR

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL

MT, finally an Arsenal fan who doesn't have his head stuck so far up his own arse that he can see the sunshine out of it.

Michaec, keep thinking that about the Tottenham MF not having any good players. And get over your blinkered views of your own team there are glaring weaknesses in it. Fabregas although a very talented youngster is not the finished article (once he is it will be scary - but he will be off to Real Madrid before then), Flamini will turn out to be average, and Gilberto, well I doubt he will stay the course this season w/out getting injured. Maybe put prissy Pires in the middle of the park :D .

But I must bow to the superior views of the mighty gooner fans, so your assessment of Sperz is so correct, another year of midtable shite. :rolleyes:

19. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

And Davids is going to stay fit?? I also read Routlege is already knackered today. Fabregas has already had a season in the first team as is only getting better and if you think a Catalan boy like him is going to hotfoot it to Real Madrid sometime soon you're sorely mistaken. Who you got that's better than him, Michael Carrick? Do me a favour.

Glad we're of the same mind here then ;)

20. OrlandoSPUR

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL

It wouldn't be Tottenham w/out a couple of key injuries would it? Carrick and Fabregas are two totally different MF, Carrick is a DM who sits infront of the back 4. Davids and Fabregas are in the same role. But our jewel in the rough will be Tainio.

About the Catalan boy not going to Real, let me just say Please!!!!ok, so if he don't go to Real he'll be off to Barca. They're a Catalan club ;)

21. irishwhisper

irishwhisper New Member

Aug 22, 2005
    Dublin,Ireland

Tottenham 2-0 Middlesbrough

Middlesbrough 2-1 Arsenal :D

22. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield

Yeah be you were at home...we were away. We trashed Boro 5-2 in out last home match against them. Makes a difference you know...

Thats said IF spurs finish ahead of us in te league my life wont be worth living. Many of the lads down my local are Spurs - never here the end of it :)

23. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

Heh. 'Tis true. But 'Boro is hardly a fortress is it? Especially when A*se are EPL contenders.

Its certainly going to be an interesting season for both Spurs and A*se. Spurs have massively improved their squad and are getting more impressive all the time. A*se are in transition, but it'd be wrong to write them off. Arsehead Wanker has a way of pulling the rabbit out of the hat. That said, I'd sooner have Gardner than Cygan!

I have many gooner friends. It's what comes from living in Barnet.

I think the derbies will be classics this year.

24. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

cold hard objectivity says that you won't likely have to deal with this eventuality come spring - though it also says that st. totteringhams day will fall considerably later in '06 than in recent years past. and somehow it wouldn't surprise me if the celebration this time will be a little less carefree.

25. OrlandoSPUR

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    ...I predict we're going to take a little bit of gloss off the scum's leaving of 'the Library' on April 22nd....small pleasure's, it'l be great :D

To bad about losing Henry for 6 weeks, this could be a sticky few weeks for Wengersboys. Is the mf really capable of filling the hole left by PV4? So far I have seen an uninspiring Arse* team. IMO Edu is missed aswell? And what is up w/Cygan? I'd prefer the pairing of King and Dawson myself. And w/Naybet, Gardner, and Huddlestone in reserve.