Spurs 2022 Summer transfer window

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by pookspur, May 24, 2022.

1. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
  2. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The link makes it look like he was sold for £258m. That would have been an incredible fee for Bergwijn.

3. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Important to note that Ajax were offering €18m in January. There are plenty to things to be mad at Levy for, but he just made Ajax pay €12m more than they were offering 6 months ago, and €10m than their previous transfer record.

We've now done four deals with Ajax in the past decade: Vertoghen for £12m, Eriksen for £11m, Sanchez for £42m, and now Bergwijn for £25.8m.

4. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    There was no way Conte would have sanctioned that sale in January with the number of injuries in the squad at the time.

soccernutter repped this.
  5. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Good luck to Bergwijn. I'll miss his bizarre goal celebration. I think he should have gotten more playing time last year, but I'm not the coach. Now let's get Lenglet and Spence in.

6. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Lots of chatter about Bergwijn, Lenglet and Spence deals being just about done, but I haven't seen anything official on Spurs' site yet. Interesting tidbit - part of the $$ in the Bergwijn deal is Spurs not paying the last installment owed for Davinson Sanchez, who we signed 5 years ago. Surprised payments can be dragged out that long (so good job, Levy?).

The focus should turn to outgoing for now, but it seems we will still have a sizeable amount to spend on another big (important?) signing. I would like that to be another Romero-type CB, but it's looking like none will be available. It could be that we have enough quality CBs that not many players could walk right into the starting XI, which might be making it hard to sign anyone else (like having Kane and Son made it hard to find anyone else at forward). I don't know much about Lenglet but, if he's been playing for France and Barca, he must be an upgrade over Tanganga.

7. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    It is quite common for transfer fees to be paid in installments.

8. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Just looked back up thread - this was a month ago -
    Maybe he is involved :D

Golara repped this.
  9. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Yes, but 5 years surprised me. I pay off cars in less time. It's all funny money, and not mine, so no worries on that front.

RE Spence, that has really dragged on a long time. I do think the asking price is high for a championship player (I've never seen him play, so maybe it's quite reasonable?), but maybe it would be worth it to fork over an additional million or two (once again, not my money :cool:) to get him in for pre-season. They know we have a lot of cash, but we know they need to get this deal done before they can bring in the players they want - so it's a standoff. I've seen rumors about other right backs but none of them are homegrown, which is a priority. Anyway, it looks like Spence will be missing out on the big kim chee party.

Speaking of deals that have dragged on too long, the club has officially announced Bergwin's departure. And Lenglet has completed his medical.

10. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
  11. Chickasaw

Chickasaw Member

Spurs
    England
    May 8, 2022
    Manic isn't it? Like them all except one............Richarlison, I'm just not sure.

12. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think Perisic is the only new guy that will start regularly. The others will get some starts but are mostly making our depth significantly better.

Agree with Funkfoot there should be some outgoings now. Only Bergwijn and Gollini (who doesn't really count) so far. There's a long list of potentials: Lo Celso, Ndombele, Winks, Tanganga, Rodon, Royal, Lucas, Reguilon...

13. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Players who didn't go on the pre-season tour;
    Ndombele, Lo Celso, Winks, and Reguilon, apparently.

14. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I'd read somewhere that Doherty had been told he was gree to find a club, so it's good to know that he's not been left behind, as well.

Unlike those other four. I can still see him having a role.

15. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    It's going to be tough to get rid of Ndombele. Lo Celso, Winks, Reguilon, Tanganga, Rodon - there seems to be a lot of interest in those guys.

16. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Unfortunately, we will take massive losses on Ndombele and Lo Celso, should be able to find takers for the others, although I don't know why we would sell Rodon or Tanganga.

17. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
  18. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  19. Chickasaw

Chickasaw Member

Spurs
    England
    May 8, 2022
    I think Lucas will stay, hope so.

20. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Nobody is going to offer anything substantial for him.

Looking like Spence will be announced today or tomorrow.

21. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    So far Bergwijn the only player sold.

No future for the likes of Winks, Ndombele and Lo Celso in midfield. We should get takers for Winks and Lo Celso, Ndombele is a pantload who will be extremely difficult to move.

Reguilón and Royal could also be on their way out, for different reasons. Royal is not great in attack, but is a decent defender, while Reguilón is an erratic attacker and abysmal in defense. Would not like us to sell Rodon, hopefully we can find a good loan for him.

22. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can see Ndombele going out on loan, or sold as a substantial loss + paying part of his wages.
    Lo Celso should be able to go somewhere.
    Winks, I'm surprised hasn't moved.

I think Reguilón and Royal both have a spot in the team. Not necessarily as regular starters, but certainly as regular squad players.

23. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  24. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Paratici in Italy, shopping Tanganga and Gil supposedly. Only for loans, I hope - neither are getting near the first team this year, but both have significant value.

25. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Poch must be saying: 'Where the fook was this when I was in charge? And I got to the bloody CL final'.