Spurs 2022 Summer transfer window

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by pookspur, May 24, 2022.

1. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Rather than clog up the 'news wire' with this stuff, we might as well have the customary 'transfer window' thread. Besides, a lot of this stuff isn't really news - it'll be as much rumors and wishes as actual info - but what the hell.

Anyway, I'll kick it off with the word going round that we're in for Eintracht Frankfort (left) wing back Filip Kostic. As most here will know, I follow Eintracht a bit and watch them when I can, so I've seen Kostic more than a few times. He's quality, and would fit Conte's system to a T. I suspect it would mean the end for Reggie, as Sessegnon looks to have worked his way into Conte's plans, but Kostic and Sess would give us quality in depth in that position without breaking the bank. What I've read is that we're in for 12m (Euros, I think, but even in pounds I'd think it good money spent), as he's only one year left on his current contract.

Normally i could see it, but I'm taking that with a grain of salt, as Frankfurt have qualified for the CL, and will have more than usual money to spend. I'd think they'd be more inclined to do so by offering their best players new deals than by going shopping, but who knows? They'll surely know that the CL could easily be a one-year (or even just a few months) thing for them, so they may not want to put it into longer, bigger contracts. One thing's for sure, if we want him, we'll be able to put him on higher wages than Frankfurt will, so they may not fight it if Kostic wants out.

Anyway, it's that time of year. Put what you're hearing and thinking about ins and outs in here.

2. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Where things stand as of now

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/daniel-levy-antonio-conte-meeting-24055907

3. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Paratici and Conte to meet in Italy this week to discuss transfer targets, sans Levy.

That is an interesting development and a clear sign that Conte is staying.

One interesting thing I noticed about Paratici is that he is always seated down in the dugout area during matches, which is unusual for a sporting director.

4. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

5. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Perisic has agreed to join on a 2yr deal, apparently

Golara repped this.
  6. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    https://theathletic.com/3336805/2022/05/28/tottenham-transfers-eriksen-perisic/

GK - Forster deal done
    CB - Bastoni and Gvardiol are the main targets but will be difficult. Bremer is a backup option but he is right footed
    WB - Conte wants Perisic, could go for Kostic if it falls through. Spence is the target on the right. For some godforsaken reason Paratici may go in for Traore a third time
    MF - Eriksen fits the bill. Spurs are interested in Ward-Prowse but would be cost-prohibitive
    CF - Jesus has a year left but City are in no rush to sell. Not seen as a pressing need

Other bits:
    • Club accepts that they'll have to take a loss on Ndombele and Lo Celso but keen to get them out
    • Conte likes Bergwijn but accepts that he'll leave, even if sold at loss
    • Regui is expected to be sold
    • Royal and Doherty could be sold
    • Sanchez and Rodon will be sold if price is met
    • Soton and Newcastle are in for Winks
    • Club looking to loan out Gil, Scarlett, Parrott and Devine

7. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Forster and Perisic in on free transfers - looks like good business so far.

8. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Wonder if Soton would do a part-ex for winks and Ward-Prowse.
    Personally, if I was Winks I'd go Newcastle and play my little heart out. Be there at the beginning of their march towards EPL domination.

9. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    A few weeks ago there was an interview with Eriksen and he said effectively 'Champions League is nice, but I don't require it'. Some Spurs fans got ahead of themselves, since we hadn't clinched CL then: "he wants to come back to us, regardless". It could just mean he is happy to stay at Brentford.

I mean it could still happen, and we'd all be happy. We need a plan B to unlock the teams that sit back, and he could be it. But after all he's been through no one could begrudge him a comfortable life.

10. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    #11 adrenaline11, May 31, 2022
    Last edited: May 31, 2022
    jumhed and Golara repped this.
  11. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Very much a Conte signing - experienced, known quantity, bit long in the tooth, ideal for his system. His age doesn't bother me with it being a free signing - he could become another short-term veteran legend like Davids or VdV. And it's two years for Sess to learn from him.

12. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I'd've preferred Kostic, but it's understandable that the club have prioritized Conte's wishes over mine.

Conte's demanding players ... and the first one he wants is on a free. Levy must be beside himself.

jumhed repped this.
  13. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Perisic played 35 times for Inter, 10 goals, 9 assists, can play left wing-back, closer to the striker, or on the right, à la Kulusevski.

14. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Key stat IMO: He's only missed 40 matches due to injury in the past 14 years.

soccernutter repped this.
  15. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    The Anti-Lamela

16. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Does he play fair, and help his opponents up, as well?

jumhed repped this.
  17. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I loved Lamela's shithousery

mekarshalev repped this.
  18. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Yeah, it's a bit of a shame, though, that all he's remembered for is rabonas and shithouse.

Oh well, at least he's remembered. :cool::D

19. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Also remembered for the fact he was constantly injured.

In 8 seasons with us, he only managed to play more than 30 games in a season twice and all told, scored just 17 goals in 177 PL appearances. The season before he signed with us, he scored 15 goals in 33 games in Serie A for Roma.

20. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    I don't know, but he is fit and contributes goals and assists. I will take that over Lamela any day.

21. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Bergwjin has confirmed he wants to leave.

22. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I saw that. He needs to be playing regularly if he's going to have any chance of making the Dutch World Cup squad, and he's making no bones about wanting away this Summer. I really like both him and Lucas as squaddies, but you can't blame either for wanting more football than we're likely to give them.

soccernutter repped this.
  23. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Would rather keep him than Lucas, but yeah, the guy's gotta play.