Spring Soccer Festival

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by jcrocker, May 25, 2007.

1. jcrocker

jcrocker Member

Jun 1, 1999
    Springboro, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sunday from 1-3pm, the Crew is hosting a kick around at CCS for fans with Crew players. This FULL-Team event is open to all levels of Crew Soccer Nation and is a great opportunity to meet your favorite players.

I am bringing my kids and their buddies. It should be an interesting event. I can't wait to see these guys up close. Ya gotta hand it to the Crew they go out of their way with BW3 nights and stuff like this to keep the fans close. Now if they could just put the ball in the back of the net.

2. coachchris

coachchris Member

Feb 19, 2007
    Galloway, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this open to the public? Thanks! chris

3. osubowler

osubowler Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chris, it is only open to Crew Soccer Nation members.

4. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah man, you best bring your membership card/credentials or the bouncers are gonna bust you up.

5. Ornery39M

Ornery39M New Member

Aug 10, 2000
    I think they are begging for people to attend.

6. coachchris

coachchris Member

Feb 19, 2007
    Galloway, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As it is, my wife and youngest son just became season ticket holders today! Due to my unusual status, My older son and I did not. (I spend most games on the field).:D

7. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Given the turn out of fans (all 7 of them) at BWs the other night, I am not surprised.

8. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't let the Red Snatch Boys catch wind of this... they'll get the impression that we've recruited an extra 3 people to come to the stadium.

9. jcrocker

jcrocker Member

Jun 1, 1999
    Springboro, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What an amazing event!! My kids and their cousins had a blast! Almost all of the Crew players were there and most were very outgoing, friendly, and engaging. They had a PK shoot on Andy and Bill. Target shooting with Kei, Eddie, and Aaron. Speed shots with Virtuoso, Cornhole with Garey, O'Rourke, and Marshall. Soccer tennis with Ezra and Marcos. Free caricatures with Danny Szetela & Andy Herron. Dribbling with Stefani who is an awesome guy! Frankie wandered around charming as could be and the coaches were also available. Rusty, Robbie, Tim Ward, and Jacob THomas were there as well. It was a fantastic event. First class all the way! Thanks a million Crew!

10. coachchris

coachchris Member

Feb 19, 2007
    Galloway, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We had a good time as well. The players are great guys for the most part. I felt a little for Danny as he was posing for caricatures with kids, but he seemed to be taking it well. Coaches were there as well, and everybody was gracious.