Spring schedules

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by espola, Jan 28, 2013.

1. collegesoccer

collegesoccer Member+

Apr 11, 2005
    Always complaints about not enough games in the off season. Just curious why IU didn't take advantage of two additional date.

2. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't hear much about complaints about lack of match opportunities. I don't know why anyone would complain a whole lot about not playing games when coaches/teams don't have their whole squad.

Who really wants to see a half-team, meaningless offseason match? Who really wants to do them?

3. collegesoccer

collegesoccer Member+

Apr 11, 2005
    Like the AT+T commercial - ask the players "would you rather play six games or or would you rather play four games? I'm sure not every IU player played significant minutes in the spring Just curious. I would imagine they are one of the few teams not to take advantage of allowable opportunities.

Coach Yeagley may has reasons just wondering why.

4. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    fewer losses? lol.

Hararea repped this.
  5. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got a little chuckle out of this! :)

6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  7. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very sorry for the thread bump...Columbia U announces a spring trip to Qatar:

http://www.gocolumbialions.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=9600&ATCLID=211703473

Columbia men's soccer team has been invited as the guests of the Embassy of Qatar for an educational, cultural, and athletic visit from March 9-18. This is an opportunity for the students to enrich their educational experience at Columbia by traveling to Doha and engaging directly with their counterparts in Qatar.

The Lions depart from New York on Friday, March 9, and arrive in Doha, Qatar the following evening. On Tuesday, March 13, Columbia plays its first match against the Al Sadd Football Team B. On Thursday, the Lions take the pitch against the Aspire U18 Football Team, which competed at the Al Kass International Cup. The Lions will also play the Qatar U19/U23 national team on Saturday, March 17.

8. tartSoccerFan

tartSoccerFan Member

United States
    Feb 23, 2018
    hmm... is this fully funded by Qatar? tickets to Doha are $1200 roundtrip per person. add room and board, etc and w'ere talking about $3-4K/person. It's not clear from the article. Yale soccer is going to Italy for spring break

CaptainD repped this.
  9. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    fknbuflobo repped this.
  10. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    If I book early will they fund the flight for overseas' friends? ;)
    More seriously, I wish all a great challenge with big attendances with entertaining games. We all want futebol to be successful. Don't we?:cool:

11. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RT @NYCosmos: #CosmosB will play one final pre-season game tomorrow at 7:15pm against St. John's University at Belson Stadium in Queens.

14. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Branko Segota

Branko Segota Member

Feb 24, 2003
    IU played it's 5 dates {Evansville/Valpo; Swope Park; SLU; Butler; ND; as well as Mexico match which doesn't count} towards the five dates. Not sure what additional dates you are referring to.

16. collegesoccer

collegesoccer Member+

Apr 11, 2005
    That was posted April, 2014....

17. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Holy thread revival!

I posted Maryland's 2020 spring schedule in the Maryland thread:

https://umterps.com/news/2020/2/25/mens-soccer-announces-2020-spring-schedule.aspx

Georgetown's looks quite similar, as both teams are competing in the "Spring Soccer Cup," two divisions of 5 schools, playing 4 round-robin games, then a 'cross-over' final game at Wake Forest. It's all explained here:

https://guhoyas.com/news/2020/2/3/mens-soccer-announces-spring-schedule.aspx

[Georgetown will play a sixth game v Oxford.]

Note that in addition, Georgetown "will embark on a foreign tour, spending time in Europe, including Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands."

msilverstein47 repped this.
  19. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member+

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town