Sporting Park's Cauldron

Discussion in 'KC Supporters Clubs' started by NorthbankHighbury, Jun 10, 2011.

1. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Anyone know if anything on the new Cauldron's pay-membership actually "ships" to your address??? (Im in process of moving). I am thinking the benefits are as outlined by the webpage tho.

• Access to purchase tickets in the section at a price that is substantially cheaper than you get through Ticketmaster
    • Free beverages at the tailgates
    • Member discounts on merchandise
    • Priority participation in special events that happen occasionally

2. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't believe so. The tickets are emailed out if you purchase them. The only thing would be if you purchase merch.

3. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Does Cauldron have a policy* as regards to opposition fan(s) in the member stand during a game? If so, what is it? (I am not talking about opposition fans coming to the Member Club after the game is over, tailgate, etc).

*I am using this term loosely of course -- I understand ticket purchaser has a legal right to be where they are ticketed.

4. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There really is no policy. There were Colorado fans in the section on Saturday.

5. shockey8oz

shockey8oz New Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know if Supporters stay in one hotel when traveling to away games? Specifically Chicago. I am bringing my wife and daughter and I think it would be fun to be in a great away atmosphere.

6. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Usually there is a block of rooms reserved. I think that last year we settled on a hotel more inside the city.

7. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If there's a large enough group going, yes. Keep an eye on the Cauldron's Twitter and Facebook account for the details. For Chicago I would guess there will be a group hotel deal.

8. shockey8oz

shockey8oz New Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @buzzkillington, @KopRules Thank you!! This is our second year as ticket holders so we wanted to start down the list of away stadiums. Chicago's location makes them the easy first choice. Cheers!

9. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    every home game i get another email saying that the cauldron has moved the tailgate into the members' club again. what's the point in calling it a tailgate anymore when it's never outside in the parking lot? sometimes the excuse is because of storms ... this time it's because it's too hot? are they getting some sort of kickback from the club to get all these people in the members' club early so they can spend money on concessions or something?
    i'm speaking as an outsider (so maybe i don't have any right to comment), but it seems like whoever organizes the tailgates isn't even trying anymore and is looking for any excuse to not have an actual tailgate.

10. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't speak for leadership, but I know that for the most part it's the same people week after week that do the set up, do the tear down, do the merch sales, and some of those people are tried of it and just burnt out.

I'm not a fan of all the indoor tailgates, I feel like it's hurt the growth of the group and the size of the tailgate, plus the beer selection for the free Cauldron beer in the MC sucks compared to what we get outside (Coors & KC Pils vs mix of multitude of other Boulevard beers), but at the same time I don't feel like I can step up in that area.

11. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The lack of Saturday night matches hasn't helped. There was some talk during the off season of only indoor tailgates and a lot of people objected to that.

I had not considered burnout and Mike makes a very valid point there - selfishly I show up, drink and go in. And there fewer and fewer people willing to set up, break down, etc.

Long term I see the Cauldron tailgate being a thing of the past and everyone does their own thing - like away watch parties have gone -- shame really.

12. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I wouldn't mind the indoor tailgate quite as much if we still had the same brilliant access to such a variety of tasty and free beers. Inside, it's a lot of long lines for a couple small cups of mediocrity.