Sporting KC player national team news [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Buzz Killington, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Salloi has gotten his first 2 caps for Hungary in losses to England and Albania.

Kinda hasn't made it off the bench for Israel.

2. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Salloi gets a full 45 minutes against Andorra, a second half during which Hungary managed to make it a game by, as the announcers noted, fannying about. Salloi was largely invisible.
    Sadly, not the case for Kinda, who got 10 minutes for Israel against Denmark. He became very visible indeed just as the clock was ticking over to injury time, when he was isolated defending a much larger Dane, who treated him like a little kid in rising up and knocking in the easiest of headers, while pinning Kinda to the ground. On first viewing, it was "oh, man, Kinda didn't even react." On closer inspection, it was worse. OTOH, caps all around!.

3. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    #1778 Ceres, Sep 9, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    It was the Danish sub Andreas Cornelius, but to be fair, he came on when Israel were already outplayed and nowhere near being able to defend themselves in this match. Some extended highlights from the official Danish FA website :

4. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought Salloi was very visible the first 10-15 of the second half had a couple half chances and one really good chance where he held off a defender in the box, brought down the ball, was able to turn but his shot was right at the goalkeeper. I thought for sure the way that stretch went that if there was a 3rd goal in the game Salloi was going to be the one to get it. After that though it seemed like he and the rest of the Hungary attack just stopped.

mschofield repped this.
  5. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Okay, holding off the defender was a nice bit and probably visible. I'm not sure that being offsides on the other one would count as a half chance.

6. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm talking about the one from the top of the box that he put over the goal as a half chance.

mschofield repped this.
  7. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I admit, i had no idea that was him.

8. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IASocFan repped this.
  9. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A lack of other American options available is one since someone like Johnson is in the EC Final. It’s also a chance to just get a look at a couple younger GKs, the one from the Fire is 17, this is Turner’s game though, the other 2 are just there for Berhalter to ‘kick the tires.’

Personally I thought Pulskamp grew well into the role and looked very confident and comfortable in his last appearance vs LA. He’s also thought very highly of by the SKC staff.

kcfooty repped this.
  10. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They only seem to have called in their two old guys at striker for their two friendlies ( Armenia and Greece). IMO, this is smart. He's just ettling in here, there's little upside to calling him back so soon. I think Cyprus is making a mistake. I said the same about the US and Pepi last time. Let young guys settle

13. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ndenbe called up by Belgium's U21 team.

14. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Matt Besler is hosting a US/Mex watch party on Thursday night at Chicken n Pickle Overland Park / South Leawood 135th Street.

Attached Files:

15. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    kcfooty, IASocFan and mschofield repped this.
  16. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And an assist on their second, well, in MLS an assist, a second assist. Over here, a nice pass

IASocFan repped this.
  17. CANPRO

CANPRO Member+

Dec 23, 2002
    16 year old Mataeo Bunbury called up Canada's u20 team.

18. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw that. I'm really curious what the path will be with him from here. He's just on an "academy" contract with SKCII. I wonder if they'll follow the path they have with most of the homegrowns lately, which is SKCII then SKC, some of the talk is that the guys have signed 2+2 (2 year deals with SKCII with the expectation that they'll then have a 2 year deal with SKC) or if he'll follow the path of the likes of Cam Duke who signed directly with the 1st team first.

19. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USMNT is headed to CMP again in June.

20. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    mschofield and IASocFan repped this.
  21. Spassapparat

Spassapparat Member

SKC/Werder Bremen
    May 14, 2017
    so in a game where Szalai, Szalai and Sallai played, they somehow did not find room to play Salloi? Come on Hungary!

mschofield repped this.
  22. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I had that exact thought while watching the thing. I kept thinking, surely they're just misprouncing his name, then you'd see the guy's face and it would not be him, again and again.

Also, for Cyprus Tzonis started and played 71 minutes in a loss to Kosovo. He got a lot of praise from the announcers, though mostly for his goal in their previous match. He played one of the front 2 in a 3-5-2. He was okay. He made a lot of runs that were not rewarded. Kosovo were clearly the more talented side, but they weren't very good.
    Disturbing bit, he went down easily a couple times, and, butt on the ground, flapped his arms calling for criminal charges to be filed against the defender. I admit, I am too old school in this regard, but SKC players all look eerily similar in this moment of floppery. we've seen this from Salloi, Roger, even JFR, Busio brought it to Italy (where it was mocked). Is this taught on the SKC training ground?

23. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    surely you jest. diving and simulation is a national pastime in italy. maybe he wasn't gesturing with his hands enough.

24. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    By rep, you'd think, but Serie A let's play a lot of the stuff called as fouls in MLS. the worst part of Busio's game in his first month or two was going down so easily and begging the ref to call something, on plays when Venice had gained an advantage.

25. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Tzonis came on against N Ireland at, I think, 56? He was fine. 0-0, but not as exciting as that sounds. Still, announcers loved him more than most.