Sporting KC @ NYRB 4/17 7pm P/I/P [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Buzz Killington, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats to John Pulskamp, our only healthy goalkeeper....

mschofield repped this.
  2. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    We're definitely gonna see a serious bundle of youth minutes this year, haha. Starting off grand!

Does that mean that Walter and Isimat-Mirin are both good to go? I couldn't remember if they had off-season knocks or travel issues.

3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Walter has been in preseason, Isimat-Mirin was late to preseason b/c of travel issues. I could see Isimat-Mirin not playing due to lack of fitness, I think Walter is good to go.

Inca Roads repped this.
  4. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I don't even have a good guess what our lineup will be. I think I know the forwards but the midfield could be anything...

Should be fun! I'm much less invested this season due to, you know, not being able to watch games ever, but I miss this team and am really stoked to see them get rolling again.

mschofield repped this.
  5. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    PV on radio today welcoming the fact NYRB will undoubtedly attack us at will. I’m not so sure I share his public enthusiasm for that at the moment.

6. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm pretty sure I'm going to be disappointed, but I am hoping to see a mid-line of Kinda, Walter and Busio, with Busio or Walter playing the 6. I do think that, right now, Ilie understands the position better than Busio, but I never really got Busio until I saw him in that role. He has a lot to learn, but play him there, as a regular starter, and IMO by the end of 2021 he gives us more in all facets of the game than Ilie. And from day one, he gives us a lot more going forward.and stepping into passing lanes to disrupt. I'm not sure about one on one defending.
    I may be wrong, but I'm thinking the rest of the 11 is easy to pick, with the only question being whether people are fully fit, Issy and Pulido prime among them.

7. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since my ESPN+ is only good for watching Serie A and all the MLS teams I don't give two $hits about, and my Paramount+ is only good for the NWSL, I will watch KC WOSO and Inter (the real one). I could purchase other streaming media, but you know.....regional sports networks and such.

And I thought the days of using chat boards to follow MLS were over.

kcfooty, Inca Roads and mschofield repped this.
  8. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm on DAZN in Berlin, something I bought for MLS (though it also gives me bund, serie a, la liga and ligue 1. Still, while they have the rights to show SKC, they've opted against it tomorrow. I really wish there was a consistent way to watch the games

9. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Unless I get real savvy with shadier watching practices soon... I basically am done being able to watch SKC games until the Bally assholes get their heads out of their asses or large public gatherings get a little more safe for those of us helping care for immunocompromised or elderly family.

Sigh. Luke is right, I might end up on here following the chat to see how it's going.

10. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of shadier, I was thinking of the VPN route. I am hoping that Sporting come up with something like the CW solution that Minnesota figured out. Until then, it will be twitter and here....

kcfooty repped this.
  11. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to wonder how Minnesota's contract with Bally Sports North differed from SKC's that allowed them to get away with it.

12. Dirt

Dirt Member

May 11, 2006
    KCMO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I use a particular site for streaming UFC fights that's a super solid stream without much bs. They do list Bally Sports Midwest and the current feed is perfect. Of course they're currently showing a StL feed inconsistent with what is on Google Fiber here. I'm hesitant to put the address on here so maybe there's a direct route I could share it for anyone that wants to give it a try.

13. Dirt

Dirt Member

May 11, 2006
    KCMO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go figure. The Bally Midwest stream is perfect and showing StL Cardinals post game.

14. Kooth

Kooth Member

Sporting KC
    Mar 11, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Salloi! What a turn around.

mschofield repped this.
  15. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Funnily enough the ESPN+ stream worked for me... Is it because Bally didn't air it?

And major hype for Salloi getting a good goal and back in the thick of things. Tons of questions about this team but I'll take a gritty win and a broken duck for our prodigal youth.

mschofield repped this.
  16. Spassapparat

Spassapparat Member

SKC/Werder Bremen
    May 14, 2017
    anyone got game winner by salloi on your bingo card? @lukeD for sure right? ;)

17. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    given our injury situation and starting on the road, i'd have been happy with one point as long as we didn't look awful doing it. pleased with three.

my biggest concerns are the black hole up top if pulido isn't there (please no more busio up there), which looks like it's going to be a regular thing with him, for varying reasons, and our overall lack of team speed. there were times where i thought it was in slow motion watching our guys run. against better offenses, and especially those with speed, we're gonna get torched repeatedly.

18. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watching Fontas have a foot race with White tonight was almost painful to watch, against any forward with speed Fontas still scares the crap out of me.

kcfooty repped this.
  19. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    3 pts, and xG was essentially the same score. so we deserved the win, even in geekland. The MLS page stats are different, and I don't quite get them. But interesting that while possession was dead even, we had 0 offsides called, while they had 6 or 7. This says we were waiting on the game, I'd think. I couldn't see it.
    Our passing accuracy was better than their's barely, 68 to 66 percent, But Walter, Shelton, Martins, Lindsey and Busio were all above 73 percent.
    Still, despite a world class, or crappy luck goal (perspective) we won, and Salloi gave us the best 77 minutes he's had since he lost his mojo.

20. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't watch the game, for reasons detailed previously (spending money for Hulu live, ESPN+, Paramount+ apparently isn't enough these days). Did see the highlights. For all the hype surrounding the Salloi goal, I was expecting to see a golazo. What I I saw was a tap in. Good job for not pulling a Wondo. For those who missed it, the Wondo shank in front on an empty net to tie Houston was pretty epic.

This is the benefit on not having BS and BS+. I can concentrate on games like San Jose vs Houston. Benefit.....

21. dgb09

dgb09 Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Overland Park, KS
    What is generally average passing completion percentage? It looked to me like both teams were not connecting well yesterday and curious if those 66 and 68 rates are low.

22. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Yeah those values are bad. Early season and two press-happy teams, but still... Rough.

23. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Despite following for years, I've never played organized soccer and I'm self-educated, so my ability to properly dissect things is admittedly pedestrian. That said, I thought Walter looked good on the ball, Fontas was slow (and I agree that he is going to get torched multiple times this year) but he seemed to always get in the right spot at the right time to break up a dangerous situation, Kinda was meh - seemed like he couldn't connect his passes reliably - sans the nice secondary hockey assist to Shelton on our second goal. His PK was poorly taken and 8 of 10 times is saved when the goalie goes the correct direction (he did - and we'll take the luck). Salloi was okay, but I didn't find his performance extremely notable beyond being at the back post for Shelton's excellent cross. Pulskamp was great for a first start despite a couple of bobbles and one dramatic mis-play of a pass back to him. He wasn't tested for great saves and the one goal allowed is a goal no matter who the keeper is. He made a nice two-handed punch and also came well off his line to clear danger once. Solid first game for the teenager. I might be wrong here, but I thought Lindsey was terrible on the offensive side of the ball. The eyeball test said turnover machine. Now NYRB were high press and swarming on defense, but still he seemed particularly poor to me. I've not looked at the stats, so I leave it to you, dear reader, to refute my claims. All in all, super pleased with 3 points. It really could have been anywhere on the range.

BenDover repped this.
  24. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since moving out of the KC metro area, I find the $6 a month to watch SKC and most of the other MLS games fairly inexpensive, especially after buying a pair of season tickets for 14 years.

25. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ESPN+ is a great value, no doubt. That said, its ridiculous that you can't watch your hometown team if you live in (gasp) your hometown.

I watched Inter vs Napoli. Passing was 88% and 92% respectively. Passing completion in the mid 80s is typical in the better leagues. Passing percentages in the mid 60s is terrible.

IASocFan repped this.