Sporting KC and The Cauldron in 2011 - The songs

Discussion in 'KC Supporters Clubs' started by szazzy, Nov 18, 2010.

1. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It was? I am still claiming ownership on this one :)

2. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    I gave them your original, laughing about it, and a poster suggested that change.

3. musean

musean Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Kansas City
    A buddy of mine just made this song. Its short and simple. Made me chuckle a little and now I cant get it out of my head.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXT7HMk2Fc0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXT7HMk2Fc0[/ame]

He is looking for idea for other Lyrics, If you have some post on the youtube page.

4. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    First fan-made song for this team? I can't think of another. Of course Roush is there to make sure it's done "right".

5. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Man I hate to be negative about things people have worked hard on but if he is going to campaign for that to be played when we score I might have to slit some throats.

6. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    I'm sure they play something right now when we score. I couldn't tell you what it is because I'm too busy cheering. How hard is it to make suggestions without hating on the effort or idea? It's called not being an asshole. If you listen to his stuff he's obviously talented, and a fan of the team. I've got enough of a musical background to know how difficult writing an original song is.

7. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Didn't mean to shit on the guy, didn't say he wasn't talented, I would not even know where to start doing something like that. I just don't like it. Now seeing as this is posted on a public forum ... back the ******** off.

8. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel the same way honestly I don't like the song.

9. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Didn't feel like I was on you, nothing personal intended.

10. Moufwash

Moufwash New Member

May 26, 2009
    Prairie Village
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ... if only we had a local lyricist with a large library of hyphy music...:rolleyes:

.... whos songs featured anything that would be apporiate in the setting... :(

11. KCDEFENDER

KCDEFENDER New Member

May 9, 2007
    SW MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I may not like the tune but love the effort! To me it sounds like a Beatles loving everybody give peace a try tune but it's a start and he can for sure build on it! We need to try to give him some direction or some ideas for him to incorporate...IMO something a little more hard, pissed off, take that and shove it, dont mess with us and you can kiss our sporting blue asses at the same time type of tune..:rolleyes:

I still say that the song Blackpool lights did was good and words could be changed to meet the current situation.

12. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    "Asshole" :D I may man hug you at the USMNT game :D

13. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can we dial back the intensity just a wee bit, please?

14. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Sorry just meant the idea of giving respect for the effort, while making constructive suggestions on what would make it something you'd like better is called "not being an asshole". I'm just saying it's not hard, wasn't saying you were being an asshole. I know that you didn't read it that way, my bad. I'd like a different feel to it entirely, more singing along, less guitar. I'll make some suggestions to him on there when I get back from my work calls.

15. TheSmokingPun

TheSmokingPun Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, they did just get back together. Somebody should get Dewees instead to do something for the team, but he's sold out and moved to Long Island these days.

16. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hand bags at 12 paces is entirely over :)

I want something more intense and up tempo. Something more "Hell Yeah!!!" and fierce.

As a side my sister was at the West Ham Arsenal game the other day and she told me (as did another friend) that the Arsenal fans shut that place down and demoralized the home support so badly that they gave up singing and basically started leaving as soon as the game looked like it was in doubt with Arsenal leading 1-0 ... she was in with the West Ham fans.

Apparently the Arsenal fans started jumping up and down in tandem, singing a version of Pinks 'NA na na na na na na I'm gonna start a fight" ... except the lyrics were 'Na na na na na na na West Ham's going down". The response from West Ham was to sing songs calling from Avram Grants head before they basically shut up and went home.

LOL owned!! -- thats that edge I want in the Cauldron.

17. jtreg

jtreg Member

Aug 16, 2010
    State of denial
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like hearing creative bits like this.

It reminds me of my skooldaze when me and some room mates rented a storage shed out side of town and stocked it with our instruments, amps, and a mini-fridge full of beer, and played as loud and as long as we pleased. We'd write for a week and then drag out our roomies PC and hang a shitty mic from the ceiling and adjust every knob and EQ setting we could trying to battle the the hollow metalic sound of the shed. Take, after take, after take - we tried to grab perfect by the haunches. But no, we would not record each instrument on a separate track, it was our damn ethos.

So, when I hear someone's creation like this, I smile and wish I had that time back. Awesome effort by this dude.

I do like the overall tone of it. It's light, fun, has a beat, and my girlfriend could dance to it. The initial riff, though, is somewhat weak I think, and would never be a great three minute tune (but it's not going to be so that's somewhat moot). But my conundrum comes, when in part B, the organ tone overlaps and I start to like the riff a bit more. Dig the Organ. Also, the refrain with just the drum beat is nice. Ass wiggle. So - don't LOVE it, but would also not slit someone's throat over it. :D Excellent starting point though.

I too would like something a bit 'harder', though my 'harder' could be too hard for some, because I like hard-core punk and something with a bit more shreditude in my personal life.

If I may suggest a song it would be "We're only going to die for our arrogance", by Sublime (which some of you may know was jacked from Bad Religion). It's in your face, but not TOO in your face. I'm really only suggesting it from and overall tone stand point because I'm sure it wouldn't be feasible to use this song for a number of reasons. But a serious suggestion would be to ask the band The Architects to write something for the team. They're KC.

18. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    thought I heard this song before.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouNaxr9wXMk"]YouTube - Green Day - Warning (Offical Instrumental)[/ame]

19. jtreg

jtreg Member

Aug 16, 2010
    State of denial
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice catch.

20. Moufwash

Moufwash New Member

May 26, 2009
    Prairie Village
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    need a Tech song

21. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    need a mac lethal song

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmPxGwD4_Zw"]YouTube - Mac Lethal - Pound That Beer[/ame]

22. Moufwash

Moufwash New Member

May 26, 2009
    Prairie Village
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually I thought it sounded a little more like this at times.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTcihBUWIVA"]YouTube - The Dandy Warhols - Bohemian Like You[/ame]

24. Replicant

Replicant Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, he WAS with Rhymesayers, I'm pretty sure he's now going with his own label. Its clearly just a decision to do his own thing and nothing to do with bad blood. It had already happened when I went to the Atmosphere show and Mac showed up. He was hanging outside the door after the show. I actually briefly talked to Mac, nice guy. Slug from Atmosphere did something that no other artist (of at least some fame) has ever done for me. He hung out with us while we waited to get in the show. I was like third in line and he just hung out and talked to us. Great guy. It was pretty funny when this guy pulled up in his car and asked Slug who was playing. "Theres this great group called Atmosphere, you should totally check them out. I hear they're pretty cool".

I'm sure Mac would do it, he's never been afraid to make it known where he's from. That and he's a good guy. Good music. Second on needing a Mac Lethal song.

25. Moufwash

Moufwash New Member

May 26, 2009
    Prairie Village
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The show at the Granada? I was at that one if it was, I think it went Aesop Rock, Mac Lethal, then Slug/Atomsphere. Ant was sitting at the bar before the show with random whoever.