Sporting KC and The Cauldron in 2011 - The songs

Discussion in 'KC Supporters Clubs' started by szazzy, Nov 18, 2010.

1. KC Salty

KC Salty Member

Apr 27, 2000
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kids these days! No appreciation of what came before them. Youth is truly wasted on the young. :p

2. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    OK. This is something that I have been meaning to write the last couple of days.

Game Awareness.

Come on score a goal
    is great and needs to be bust out on set pieces, coming from behind, and end of periods.

Shot Shot Shot Shot shot Shot.
    Needs to be done when we are shooting in quick succession (last game, we did it with them shooting on us. Thought that was kinda shooting ourselves in the foot.)

I believe
    When we need a score or when we are up, or we give one up.

Oles need to be done when we have put together 6 or 7 passes.

Then there are the ones that are filler and
    Oh KC wiz/sporting KC
    Carefree
    Italian
    Sporting sporting kansas city
    I love Kansas City.
    We Love Ya.
    Oh Win the Wiz

The claps that happen with the drum solos are nice Those flags are also being used as bleacher bangers, you get loud sound to them when those are goin. I suggest with the bangers to keep it simple and loud.

3. morry

morry Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Denver- Captial Hill
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0mx5ERj1eI"]YouTube - ‪CAKE "Sheep Go To Heaven"‬‏[/ame]

change the lyrics a bit for the Chivas USA match?

maybe the Wizards go to heaven and the GOATS go to hell?

4. Chairman Mau

Chairman Mau Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Birdland
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    i dig it. changing the words is tough though. could just be WE go to heaven... or KC goes to heaven...

i dunno i'm pretty sure nobody goes to heaven or hell, so i'm not certain how the terminology works.

p.s. CHUPACABRAS clap clap clapclapclap

p.p.s. La Barra debe hacer una canción sobre chupacabras a la melodía de "La Cucaracha" para el partido contra Chivas, jajaja...

the only things that were good in the 80s were done by people who hated what was going on in the 80s. lamest pop music of any decade. even worse than right now, and that's pretty bad.

i listen to a LOT of shit from the 50s-70s so don't call it an age thing. besides, i'm not that young. yardies tailgate is usually 60s music.

5. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Joy Division, Smiths, Sonic Youth, early REM, Talking Heads, Beastie Boys, Pixies, Public Enemy, Public Image, Minutemen, XTC, The Fall, early U2, The Replacements, New Order, Black Flag, Gang of Four, Jesus & Mary Chain, Dinosaur Jr, Stone Roses, The Cure

Not Pop. But 80s and good music.

I agree with you on the pop, actually

6. Chairman Mau

Chairman Mau Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Birdland
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    yeah, that's more what i'm saying here.

7. Jarnevic

Jarnevic BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 21, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Based on what Pez said in another thread, I think after SKC scores on an opposing keeper, "DING FRIES ARE DONE" would be a great chant. Implying the relieving payoff after hungry anticipation & hinting at the keepers soon-to-be unemployment.

8. ComeOnYouWIZ!

ComeOnYouWIZ! New Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    I've always liked the 'Come on [insert team name]' cheer. This would be an easy chant for the rest of the stadium to pick up on and it'd sound great if we had 15,000+ chanting along.

'Come on Sporting!'
    'Come on Sporting!'
    'Come on Sporting!'

I'm at work right now so I can't post a video for those of you not familiar, but youtube 'Come on City' and I'm sure you'll get several results.

9. Chairman Mau

Chairman Mau Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Birdland
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    i use that chant at bukkake meetings.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzDbTD-Q-vA"]YouTube - ‪The Wizards - WORKAHOLICS GUYS - Straight Outta Mordor‬‏[/ame]

^i really wish this had a useful chorus. it doesn't, but i'm posting it anyway.

also kind of a stretch, buuuut...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKXw1JEyaKM"]YouTube - ‪Homeboy Sandman VIDEO PREMIERE!!! Lightning Bolt. Lightning Rod.‬‏[/ame]

sporting go, sporting go, sporting sporting go
    sporting go, sporting go, sporting sporting go
    sporting gooooooooooooo, sporting goooooooooo

or goal. whatever.

i've also been trying to come up with something to chant at the keeper to the general effect of "your defense is going to let you down," which, in some ways is probably more worrisome than "it's all your fault"... because i noticed in the san jose match that busch's job was made a lot harder by his defense at times and everybody's seen how pissed a goalie can get at his own teammates in those situations.

10. ComeOnYouWIZ!

ComeOnYouWIZ! New Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Perhaps something like "Hey [insert GK's name], you only have 7 men!", sang to the same tune as "We only have 10 men!'.

11. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    Your whole defense let you down
    yes your whole defesnse let you down
    your whole defense let you down
    your whole defense let you down

sung to the tune "you got your whole head up your ass"

12. KC Salty

KC Salty Member

Apr 27, 2000
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I definitely consider as "pop" some of the material of the Smiths, REM, Talking Heads, XTC, and most definitely The Cure.

Besides that I also consider as pop and good music, Elvis Costello, Split Enz, Squeeze, Echo & the Bunnymen, Orchestral Maneouvres in the Dark, Pet Shop Boys, Erasure, Howard Jones, Thomas Dolby, Prefab Sprout, Men at Work, and The Cars to name just a few.

But this is neither here nor there. Keep up the good work of finding a variety of chants for the Cauldron!

13. ctsinclair

ctsinclair Member

May 6, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Any new chants in the Cauldron tonight? (I was travelling). Any chants that took off like gangbusters?

14. SamPierron

SamPierron BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 30, 1998
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Science!

15. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nothing whipped around the stadium. The game was less well attended than the others so far, and the Cauldron felt a tad bit thin - a result of people watching the GC final I am sure. All in all the Cauldron felt a bit flat at times ....

16. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cauldron actually looked pretty good from M2. Granted M4 and M9 were mostly empty, but M5-M8 were nice and full.

BTW, M1 and M2 are a mortuary. Regular oil painting there. An oil painting of a mortuary.

17. Replicant

Replicant Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't sound flat at all on tv. Because of how the mics were used, I could actually hear the Cauldron. Really loved that the they kept the mic on the group constantly on. Got really really tried of the piss poor job FSC did after the piss poor job ESPN did. FSC would constantly and incredibly unsubtly switch mics on and off. So, one moment, the Cauldron would be audible and then suddenly it would be muffled, often within the same camera shot. FSC did blatantly turn the volume way down on the group during a chant with language in it. That amused me.

Not sure about the whole stadium, but I could see non-cauldron people clapping along when the group started clapping for, "I Believe".

18. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    By flat I mean -- lacking a hundred or so extra voices ... it just didn't have the volume it had last game, it did at times but not persistently. No lack of effort, and the songs didn't stop .... I'd have been delighted with it normally but last week was kind of epic ...

19. Abracadabra

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And yet toward the end of the game they lingered on the Cauldron for about 20 seconds while they were chanting "Bullshit".

20. TheSmokingPun

TheSmokingPun Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chanting and drums are good, but trombones have gotta go. Can't hear anything over them in the stadium and on TV, just awful.

21. Chairman Mau

Chairman Mau Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Birdland
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa

Agreed. Coming from someone who doesn't really care about the USA or Mexico, it was kinda convenient to be playing a non-American team while the USMNT was playing... or, I left early to go to work, so I don't know how that turned out after the U.S. started blowing goats but it seemed to generate some extra enthusiasm early on, and some friendly ribbing between Mexico and US fans within the Cauldron. Plus,

[​IMG]

Anyone got anything for the Colorado match? From what I've observed, Colorado matches always have a lot of rough play and some injuries and the ref never seems to get after them for it, and the crowd always ends up more furious than anything. Their whole branding isn't very easy to ridicule either because it's kinda bland...

22. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    This. I rewatched today at had the exact thought: that trombone is killing the chanting and was a bit out of tune.

23. Abracadabra

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two birds with one stone: move the horn section to the east stand.

24. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I felt like they really worked well last week -- I sit up at the back so they are not right next to me though --

25. TheSmokingPun

TheSmokingPun Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another thing I thought about: Carefree may be the one chant that should be drum free. It's a word heavy song that the constant beating of the drums makes pointless. Some benefit from the drums, but they make Carefree nearly redundant.