Sporting Kansas City in the Media

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by hipityhop, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I think they caught too much flak for how hard it was to contrast it with other kits in the game. So they've gotten plainer and simpler to simplify those headaches. Also gotten boringer. Third kits have always been the best, though. Shame we aren't seeing any more of those for a while.

2. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    anyone want me to post why this will always be a problem with our jerseys? i just want to make sure no one gets mad at me for saying it for the hundredth time... because it's still true.

3. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I'll go ahead and post it: lack of yellow piping. [​IMG]

Boiler, AndyMead and Luke Campbell repped this.
  4. Blando13

Blando13 Member+

Dec 4, 2013
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw yellow piping on the new kids ... nope, sorry, that's on the new NYCFC kits (on the shorts). That makes sense, right?

5. Luke Campbell

Luke Campbell Member

May 16, 2013
    Liberty
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    My beloved Everton have very tasteful yellow accents on their home kits (which are gorgeous and classy this season, BTW). BUT there is tradition and history behind it. Just jamming yellow into a blue scheme without any reason for it is strange, especially with our 'dual blue' look.

Though the yellow star in my Sporting Iowa logo seems to work. Who hell knows. I would love to see it though!

6. Blando13

Blando13 Member+

Dec 4, 2013
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SKC's reason would be a nod to the past (Wizards uni's in 2008-2010 had yellow piping). And ... it's mainly a joke.

AndyMead repped this.
  7. Luke Campbell

Luke Campbell Member

May 16, 2013
    Liberty
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    That's what I figured... "I love inside jokes..hope to be a part of one someday.."

8. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hah, no. i actually hated the yellow piping on those jerseys.

it's because we have two shades of the same color. we have a blue and ... a different blue. it was, in my opinion, the worst part of the rebranding. it's actually prevented me (or at least was the primary reason) from buying any skc gear since the rebrand until the warehouse sale a week ago or whenever it was. i've been needing a new jacket for awhile now, and it was discounted down to $25, so i reluctantly pulled the trigger. i've liked a lot of the designs of the jerseys/gear, but it's been a real issue for me getting over how bad they look with two shades of the same color as the only two colors.

9. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New on air team announced. Bukaty as PBP, Matt Lawrence who did games on Sky Sports as a color analyst will do the same here, and Jillian Carroll will be the sideline reporter.

10. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched the NYRB game and was not too impressed by the Bukaty/Lawrence duo. To me, there was not much chemistry between those two. I was originally excited when Bukaty first joined the team but my enthusiasm has dropped in the last couple of years. Maybe it will get better as the season kicks off.

11. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I really need to start practicing my British accent. Apparently it's the key to getting hired in the soccer industry in this country.

12. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I would rather listen to an electric toothbrush than Bukaty. Just, for whatever that's worth.

ZooCougar, IASocFan and BenDover repped this.
  13. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

vividox repped this.
  14. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Kudos to Mike @Buzz Killington and Down The Byline. Closing a long personal chapter that's definitely a part of our club's history.

Selfishly, I'm all the more sad to see DTB retire now. Our club needs independent voice now more than ever. (As opposed to simply just needing coverage, period, such as was the case some years ago when DTB started).

Correct me if wrong, Mike.

Thank you, Rob G.

ZooCougar, Blando13 and Buzz Killington repped this.
  15. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks.

I'll still be writing though, I'm moving over to The Blue Testament, while it's not as independent as a Blogger account, I should still be able to write what I've been writing previously (and theoretically reach more people).

Personally, it was just a time commitment I can't make fully to the level I felt I set on DTB to continue anymore with my kids and their activities they're involved in (and by association I'm involved in).

16. Blando13

Blando13 Member+

Dec 4, 2013
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems like a good move for you with your increased activities (same boat). Glad to know you'll be contributing to Blue Testament, they put out some good stuff too and you will add a great deal to their group!

17. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    As a parent of two under age of 3, personally I cannot believe the level you've maintained these years. We'll all be following on Blue Testament. Also, any thoughts on possibly joining Andy and Gooch on their podcast on an off occasion or two??

Again, kudos to you and DTB.

Blando13 repped this.
  18. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    vividox repped this.
  19. BenDover

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. BenDover

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, did PV actually say this when he was interviewed after the game?? :eek:

On Latif Blessing’s MLS debut...

“Should’ve scored. He should’ve taken that ball down. If he had that ball down with a touch and then shot, it’s a totally different situation. It was good to get him in the game and sort of break his cherry I guess, or whatever they say.

Blando13 repped this.
  21. kckicker23

kckicker23 Member

Jun 10, 2003
    KC
    I guess those "Millennial Seminar" classes that PV was so proud of taking are really paying off.

[​IMG]

22. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty good interview of Benny on the Max and Herc podcast.

Herculez is unfailingly interesting to listen to.
    Max Bretos is unfailingly irritating to listen to.
    It's a wash.

23. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    really not sure where to put this, so this'll have to do. does anyone know if this offer is current? i was thinking this might've been from last year, and they just haven't gotten rid of the page or something. there's no date or anything anywhere, and i haven't seen this talked about anywhere else.

https://www.sportingkc.com/jackinthebox

when skc gets 4 or more shots on goal, you get a free biscuit sandwich with any purchase.

ZooCougar repped this.
  24. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    haven't seen it mentioned this year at all. Think that's just last year.

25. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States