Sporting CP x Vitoria Setubal | Liga NOS 2017/2018 | 2a Jornada

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by OndaVerde, Aug 8, 2017.

1. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    There needs to be some clarification as to when VAR should be used. I think it should be mandatory that all PK calls by the ref should be reviewed. Since we always have to wait for the spot kick to be taken anyway, just take that time to review the play.

If the ref calls a PK and then sees it wasn't a PK, he can just award a free kick to the other team.

If the ref calls a PK and sees it was a dive, he can then give a yellow to the diver and give a free kick the same way.

SCP21 and heavy1981 repped this.
  2. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Agreed!!

My issue with VAR is it's a assigned Ref every week. Is the technology not there where they can have a centralized location to review all games? Like the NHL and NBA does??

This would streamline calls and eliminate the weekly different "refs interpretation" of any calls in question.

Just look what's happening so far. What's the point of VAR if they're not going to make the right calls on the field.

3. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Your bias borders on ridiculous tbh. You'd be the first to cry corruption if benfica was ever given three penalties in a game, but you always see multiple penalties against Sporting. Just seems real inconsistent to me tbh.

4. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    What corruption, there's no corruption in Portugal!! If the PK's are legit, there's nothing to argue regardless of team.

So if that wasn't a penalty (in your opinion), why didn't VAR do its job and annul it?? Is it because VAR agreed it was a penalty?

Not hiding the fact that Dost sold it well and was a weak call, but at the end of the day the rule book says the following:

A foul committed inside the 18 yard box is a penalty.

Why didn't VAR call this one a penalty?

https://giphy.com/gifs/xT39D69YYaTSoVYtVe?status=200

You're the one saying it's not a penalty.