Sporting CP x Estoril | Liga NOS 2017/2018 | 4a Jornada

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by OndaVerde, Aug 23, 2017.

1. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    lol classic sporting

2. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    OFFSIDE!!!!!!

What a crazy finish

3. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    My god what is going.

4. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Apito final! We survive! 2-1 after 2 disallowed goals both way from offsides. What a roller coaster.

5. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    The VAR SAVED US THERE

I thought we just royally screwed up but the video ref correctly saw the offside and it's a win for the good guys!!!

6. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Much respect to Estoril though. I think Sporting was the better team and should've won by a bigger margin but they did not quit. They played balls out at the end.

7. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon

VAR was on the money today. All calls were correct. The two no call penalties shouldn't have been called and the the two goals were clearly offside.

---Z--- repped this.
  8. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Your right. Never gave up even after those 2 early goals made it look like we were gonna rout again. Much better than some other teams

9. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Insanity.

Question is.....

Why don't they use VAR for SLB games?

Dost should've been subbed for Doumbia.

10. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon

They surprised me tbh, I thought it was gonna be a rout again with the way we started this game, and Estoril was trash last year. But they played and gave fits at the end there, even in the second half of the first half they pressed. Whether it's fatigue on our end or not credit where credit is due

11. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Estoril laid down and took it up the ass against Porto tho

I wonder why ? Pedro Emmanuel is their coaxh LOL what a joke this league is

12. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon

A bit of both. We're still in August and been playing games every 3 days. But credit to estoril they came to play.

As for us, Our first 'milestone objective' was to get maximum points and qualify for CL which we've achieved. Now it's time for the international break and to recover our energy.

natenate101 repped this.
  13. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    It was the first game. Porto were fresh, playing at home and confident from a strong preseason.

We just played a bunch of matches and came back from Romania.

SCP21 repped this.
  14. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Braga hasn't been great to start this season but could still be a tough game for Porto. We might come out of this week with points.

15. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Since when is braga tough for Porto ?

Braga will let them win 3-0 , the northern teams don't want sporting in first

16. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon

They tied them just 4 months ago lol

17. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Porto already winning :D

18. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    No kidding

Braga always lets them win esp if it means keeping sporting out

19. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yeah didn't take long

20. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Post-match press conf:

21. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I'm confused by how you think this works? Before the game, the coach tells the players to just step aside and let Porto win, and the players willing lay down and obey?

22. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Im not that impressed by Porto.

they got some good individuals but I think SCP has the better team play and system. Corona really resolved the game for them with a sublime piece of skill to get the ball over the D and score past the keeper. Deserved win in the end , braga had a couple chances. fair play to Porto for the win.

Also, this game showed that SCP still needs William. Ill be happy if he stays.

vilafria repped this.
  23. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Ratings:

Patricio - Couldn't stop that missile, otherwise didn't have much to do. 7/10

Piccini - Good game from him, had a few interesting runs forward, seems to be combining better with Gelson. 7/10

Coates - Decent performance, not as active as Mathieu but mostly solid. 7/10

Mathieu - Another excellent peformance for most of the match (who said he was slow?), towards the end he looked super fatigued, this int'l break should be good for him. 8/10

Coentrao - Started off excellent but a knock towards the end of the first half seemed to affect him and he was subbed off in the 60th for Bruno Cesar as a precaution. 7/10

Battaglia - Continued his good start with us, but made a few risky tackles which might've cost us, needs to learn to control his timing. Also doesn't have the same passing ability William has. 7/10

Bruno Fernandes - Another wonder goal, it just looks too easy for him, but like most of the team he started to fatigue and had a few errant passes. He's already on his 3rd yellow as well I believe so has to be careful or he might miss a crucial game coming up. 8/10

Gelson - Destroyed his defender in the first half and scored the first goal. He's in good form; the big clubs in Europe are sleeping (good for us!). 8/10

Acuna - If Gelson provides the skill and magic, Acuna provides the efficiency and hustle. Pinpoint accurate cross (what a left foot he has) for the first goal, naturally fatigued like many others in the 2nd half but a great game. 8/10

Alan - I can understand why JJ plays him as he offers a different option up front, the kind of player who isn't quick but plays really well between defense and midfield lines and has either a good pass or through ball in him. But he hasn't been anywhere near the form he had in the 2nd half of last season. 5/10

Dost - Not a good game from Bas; very isolated up front, very few chances, would sometimes come deep to help play off the ball in a counter. Didn't help that his partner was also not helping much (Alan). 5/10

Subs:

Bruno Cesar - came on for Coentrao at LB, had a good performance. 7/10

Petrovic - came in to help control the midfield when we were losing control in the 2nd half but didn't really make much of an impact. I doubt we'll get rid of him before the end of the window which is 3 days away. 6/10

Iuri - came on for a couple of minutes in stoppage time

vilafria and OndaVerde repped this.